Author Topic: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency  (Read 291026 times)

Re: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency
I just played this campaign over the last 3 days.  I haven't touched anything FS2 in a long time, and I'm glad the campaign I randomly chose to do was this one (having never heard of it before, I guess its included with the updates now standard)

It was incredible.  Great work.  Wish it was voice acted (Had Microsoft Anna do the voice the whole way- hahaha)

how do i shot gun???

Best mod I ever played

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
PI was good wasen't it? Certainly the hardest mod I've played at any rate. Care to say why you liked it?
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

My english is not best but i will try.

The story was excellent. Dasmar is convincing as a villain (the time that I have felt the positives at the beginning because his views with which he deceived the people, I  generally support his ideas, equality for all Terrans and Vasudans, the brotherhood and camaraderie, union). But during the campaign he showed to be a similar with Aken, yet different. While I think Aken Bosch is a traitor and butcher of innocents with Dasmar I could relate. Excellent characterized, I was even sad when Saturn was destroyed. Fine ship with fines crew.

Structure of the mission is good, in my opinion even better than the original FS2 campaign and better than Derilic(my second favorite). There are no boring parts, the hard and impressive (for medium difficulty it was hard so I was forced to do lots of missions on easy). You feel like you're just one small cog in a conflict that is greater than you, most of the missions you are not able to perform without the help of fellow wingmans. All 17 missions I've done in three days of playing and I can say that this was my best experience related to the Freespace.

The new ships, especially PCD Saturn, the best ship in my humble opinion, against which I had the honor to fight (he make an Aeolus look like a Cain) and i loved Phalanx, my favorite weapon.

All in all this mod is my favorite, although I had problems with it that GVCv Sobek class was invisible but it's not affect general impression. I only regret that it have no voice, but to hope that happens in future. I apologize in advance for my bad English.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
This campaign would be really cool to revisit with Fury AI.  ;7

I ran into CP's brother on a BF3 server the other day, we tooled around on Sharqi Peninsula and caused some trouble. He recognized my name from Blue Planet and I passed on my compliments for the excellence of PI. He mentioned a sequel CP really never got around to finishing.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I have toyed several times with the idea to make a PI coop, which would be balanced for coop Insane, with improved AI, and with mission and modpack fixes to bring it to today's standards. Buuuuuut, so much thing to do, so little time !
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Alpha1

Thx a lot! This mod keeped me hooked and i could not stop before finishing the last mission... One of the best Mods I ever played. I love it!!! The Story is just great, the missions a the work of a genius and the atmosphere is overwhelming! Ok, a few things i din't like that much but I understand why its made like that... for example the "shotgun like" Maxim or the Vasudan ultra heavy mk 2 Bomber - forgot the name. This craft handeled like a cruise liner ;-) Other weapons were cool: the phalanx or how it was called.
Congratulations! PI is a must play I think.

I wonder if the ASW Team makes a small hint in the direction of PI in the final act.

Offline Apollo

• Free Market Fascist
This might sound weird, but I like how organized this mod is-all the turret weapons have similar names for each species, the cargo containers have consistent prefixes, and the weapons and ships actually have their real stats shown. Even the table files are more organized than retail.

I think the missions are some of the most well-balanced I've ever seen. Gameplay is hard, but fair. I liked that warships actually had competent point-defenses for once, because something that big should be hard to kill in a fighter.

This campaign would be really cool to revisit with Fury AI.  ;7
:eek:
Current Project - Eos: The Coward's Blade. Coming Soon (hopefully.)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'll have to make minor updates to this at some point to play well with the current media VPs. I recently loaded up a few missions after a long time and noticed it wasn't picking up several of the new models.

This might sound weird, but I like how organized this mod is-all the turret weapons have similar names for each species, the cargo containers have consistent prefixes, and the weapons and ships actually have their real stats shown. Even the table files are more organized than retail.

I was always a stickler for that. :D These changes originally grew out of an old mini-project to fix minor balancing and consistency issues in retail FS2, shortly after the game came out. The table clean-up was part of that too, since the game had strict limits on the sizes of those files back then. The more you removed comments and unnecessary clutter, the more entries you could have in them.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Man, I wanna replay it with HTL Hades and new Ancient ships from ASW :D!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Right, could you include those in the update? Reskinning the HTL Hades may be a bit tricky, but shouldn't be very difficult.
EDIT: Stupid typo.

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
may be a bit tricky, but should be very difficult.

Well as long as it's tricky! :D

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Spoiler:
Yeah, when the Ancient ships showed up while I was playing .14 RC8, my game kept getting errors and interrupted me, ****ing up the suspense and making me suffer death by beams six times in the nebula mission. I had to tell FSOpen to shut up with the errors six times before getting the complete experience/getting to continue. In all honesty, they should have added the Ancient missiles or gave them something. (yeah, the error was missile-bank related.)

Man, I don't have the time to play this mod again just to see what happens in .14 Final + Media .12. Still great, then I realize in some missions, I wasted an hour of my life.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline crizza

So, this is running with .14 final?
Downloading now :)

Doesn't run stable at all -.-
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 10:55:08 am by crizza »

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Right, could you include those in the update? Reskinning the HTL Hades may be a bit tricky, but shouldn't be very difficult.
EDIT: Stupid typo.

This would probably be difficult to do since the Saturn has lots of additional turrets, not just different textures. I'll take a look at that model though and see if it's feasible.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
You can copypaste turrets in PCS2 nowadays, it's very easy. Making a HTL Saturn is mostly a matter of making a new texture.

I'm really liking this mod. The new weapons are pretty fun though rather specialized. One little quibble, on the website Mission 11 on the walkthrough is a difficulty of 2, which is a grave, grave under rating. The mission before it was much easier, while this was extremely hard.

This is a great campaign with some fun new weapons. Missions are really challenging too.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Thanks. It was made many years ago and I think some missions play a bit differently with modern FSO builds and ship models than they used to. In hindsight, a few missions probably relied too much on "knife edge" gameplay behavior that was prone to being altered by such things.