Author Topic: Fate of the Galaxy Shipset (Updated Dec 1, 2021)  (Read 119492 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Fate of the Galaxy Shipset (Updated Oct 11, 07)
Easy.  They shouldn't even be trying it if they read the non-existent in the Installer files or information system requirements and don't meet them.  They just need to be better stated in advance, so there's no confusion as to why it doesn't run.

...Err, I didn't see that last bit there. :nervous:  Actually, they just need to be flat out stated in the first place.  Thing is, I don't know if anyone knows the actual minimum requirements... :/

Offline Topgun

Re: Fate of the Galaxy Shipset (Updated Nov. 7, 07)
can I get dibs on the tie adv? I mean, can you guys work on something else? that is the last ship left on there that I know really well.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I think so, brand never seemed too enthused about doing that one.  No one else has mentioned it that I know of, so knock yourself out.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline maje

Out of curiosity, what's more in demand right now? Finishing the modeling for all priority 1 ships, then texturing, or just texturing in general?

I'm just trying to get an idea for what my next project might be (thinking of either tackling the Gallofree Transport, Home One (if Snaga doesn't mind of course, I know he's doing both Reef Home and Liberty), or texturing the Nebulon-B (if Tempest doesn't mind)).

Also, are the cockpits a real priority at the moment, because if not, I'll probably just see about finishing the Z-95's LOD models and knocking out the UV Maps.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and finish the Black Snowflake of Death that I plan contributing to The Babylon Project   :drevil:
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
If we could get enough fighters finished, we could really focus on other elements of a very basic fighter combat release.  So, if we want to go that route, then getting just some fighters modeled and textured and in game, and stable, would be high priority I think.  Then we can get some effects and such going.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Yeah, Tie Advanced is still up for grabs.

I think at this point our first priority is getting all those fighters textured.  Then after that it's completing the modeling and texturing on our Priority 1 ships, and after that we can work more on the rest.
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline aRaven

speaking of the tie advanced...what modelstyle is it going to be...the orginial round canopy of the TIE fighter game oder the angular one from XvsTIE?

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
We're actually talking about Vader's TIE, which was a precursor to both of the TIE Advanceds you're talking about.  I believe we'll be going with the round cockpit.  I think the angular cockpit was a modeling design due to low polycounts at the time, which became commonplace.  Remember that in TIE fighter the cockpit was round in cinamatics, but angular in game, which is probably where the discrepancy came about.  All TIEs for the most part have Ball cockpits, therefore, so should the TIE Advanced, based on Vader's TIE.  Once again, however, on the shiplist is mentioned Vader's TIE Advanced x1, not the TIE advanced from the games; a different design.
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
The TIE Advanced that you can see in games is referred to TIE Avenger in other sources. I think we should use this naming system to disambiguate.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Topgun

speaking of the tie advanced...what modelstyle is it going to be...the orginial round canopy of the TIE fighter game oder the angular one from XvsTIE?
the one from the movies :p

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
*edited.

I was mixing things up with the Tie-Defender.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Oh.  If we have a defender, it will be a rounder version, that looks more like the majority of the other TIEs I believe.

One could say that the angular version (TIE Defender) in TIE Fighter was just a prototype. The final had a round cockpit.

Of course, don't quote me on that  :D

Edit:  Also, Truespace isn't necessary for modeling, and neither is purchasing the full version.  3.2 is available freely and still capable of making models.  There's also Blender, 3ds Max, Wings3d, Sketchup, Solid Modeling applications, etc...

but you most buy everything for modelling full version

I've often heard that the Y-Wing as seen in the movies is not the ship in the original form, but rather a ship devoid of much of its hull plating for the sake of ease of maintenance. Is a "complete" Y-Wing planned at all?

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Yes, I'll be doing that one, should be fairly simple, all I've gotta do is surround my current Y-Wing in a box hehe

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: Fate of the Galaxy Shipset (Updated June 5, 08)
That Y-Wing is now done by the way, it's thread is here.  Also, the list has been vastly updated by Brand, and it should much more closely reflect what we still need and where we currently want to go.

Offline Rolf

Maybe for some sort of expansion you could make these, it would be really cool to see them in this:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eclipse-class_Star_Dreadnought

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nebulon-B2_frigate

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Galleon-class_frigate

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Container_Transport

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Blastboat

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/IPV/1_Patrol_Craft

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Arc_Hammer

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Broadside-class_cruiser

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Scout

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tartan-class_patrol_cruiser

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Assault_Frigate_Mk._II

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MC30c_frigate

I have also noticed that there is no station on that list or cargo containers, though those are probably not important at this point.

The Assassin-class corvette is good too, it is an excelent example of the empires constant need to have an improved version of any ship the rebels have whenever possible, there was also one in the Maw Irregular Fleet.

These are just ideas for ships you can do once you finish the core files.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Thanks for the suggestions.  Some of those will make it in at some point, others probably not.  We're mostly staying away from ships that only appeared in the games, so several of those probably won't make it in (We do have a ship limit to contend with)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Is the website shiplist up-to-date?

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
I don't believe so.  The most up to date one is on here, whatever's on the website shiplist can be considered possibilities.