Author Topic: Model Convert-Outs  (Read 1446 times)

Yes I'm new to the forums but I had a quick question about whether you guys allow your assets to be converted for use in other games that are not FS2 or if you leave that up to the individual artist which created the item in question?

Just curious is all. I release almost all of my created content for free to others for their use in other mods but I know my stuff isn't nearly as detailed as what you are using in FotG.

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
This is the impression I have based on vague recollections of some discussions a long time ago, so don't take this as an authoritative statement just yet:

We mainly don't want the assets to pop up anywhere else before we've actually had our release. After that, it'd be awkward to police what people in the wider SW/modding/fanfilm community do and everyone knows it's annoying to have a good model technically available but no permission to use it, so we wouldn't really restrict their use at that point as long as credit is given.

Offline Rolf

I've seen your work, it would be cool if you created something for this mod, barraganap.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Brand didn't want any of his models appearing in other mods without his permission IIRC.