Author Topic: Freespace Music Remixes  (Read 266309 times)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Re: Freespace Music Remixes
Jeeze, cool down everyone. You'll scare him away !

It's not everyday we get people from the original FS2 team come say hi in HLP. It's a great honor.

I concur
This is a glorious day filled with glorious reduxes 
"No"

Offline Fenrir

• ?
I'm in love with the FS2 credits remix. Though I agree with some of the comments about the FS2 main hall not jiving quite as well. Good stuff either way though, and it's awesome having you here.

Offline Infamus

>D:FS-TGW Main Hall Redux

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Very nice. To be honest, what I'd really love to hear an updating of is Brief 4 from FS2. When that music starts up in the game, you know you're in deep trouble. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Deka1184

• Formerly known as KappaWing
Welcome to HLP and thanks so much for sharing these with us.

Looking at your other songs, it seems like you dabble in a wide variety of styles. What would you say are among your main influences?

Also as a fellow composer and producer, I've got to ask, what software do you use? :)

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Welcome!

I'm actually quite curious on what software you use as well, since I recently wanted to get started composing music, myself.

Awesome. Freespace 1 and 2 were both very atmospheric and immersive games, and that was due in large part to their amazing soundtracks. I salute you, sir.

As far as suggestions go, I'd like to echo karajorma's request for a mix of Briefing 4 and add on Briefing 5 as well. Both are great tracks and I'd love to hear more modernized versions of both.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 06:48:23 pm by Icewater »

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Excellent! I love what I'm hearing.

I would love to hear the tracks title game03 and game04 from Descent II modernized myself. But...if you want FS, I would have to say the battle track of Exodus would be what I would like to see.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Excuse me, Mr. Wentz?

I ****ING SQUEE'D.

[EDIT] And I am in love with the FS1 mainhall music. :D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:07:21 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Ravage

• Just happy to be here.
Thank you for the new mixes!  I'm finding the Freespace 2 credits redux to be my favorite of the bunch as well, but I just wish we could download these...
Fame is proof that people are gullible.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
As a fan of both FS2 and OCRemix I just want to say what a shame it is that only one of your songs has a posted mix on OCR.

As to requests:
Either of the victory songs from FS2 could benefit from better samples or recording or whatever. They're just a bit muddled, B more than A I think.

OTOH, since you're playing with some old themes rather than creating polished replacements, I think the M4_normal group from FS1 are a good candidate. I can't pick from the three.

I notice some of the FS1 songs were remixed for FS2, e.g. m7_bttle 1-3 became FS2_bttle_g0 1-3. It would be interesting to see how your style has changed from FS1 to FS2 to now.

fixed link // G5K
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:12:37 pm by Goober5000 »
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Awesome stuff!

EDIT: Loved the remix of FS1 mainhall especially. Great remixes!

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽

Nice to (kind) of meet you. those remixes are awesome!

question Mr. Dan Wentz: if there was a freespace 3 and you were composing the music what do you think the theme would be? FS2 was definitely something about lost hope and think the music reflected that perfectly :yes:; FS1, well i suppose it's something like a glorious military anthem intertwined with syfy adventure up to the point you meet shivans.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:49:23 pm by yuezhi »
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

O_O will this go straight to media vps? (will you allow it! Dan ?) it would be awesome to have FSO use actual "volition" made assets for its music.

oh and welcome to hard light, I hope you enjoy your stay :D

Offline Danimal

• Parallax Studios
Ok, as requested earlier today, I just (re)posted the Freespace Silent Threat Mission10 Redux. 

About FS2 Intro, I would agree that I (deliberately) pushed the levels pretty hot on that puppy, the main instrument at the start is actually a solo contrabass... on steroids. :) Was going Hollywood, I guess? The nice thing is these are all MIDI tracks, no digital audio mixdowns yet, so it's extremely easy to tweak, adjust or even swap out instruments on any part at this stage.

Best,
Dan Wentz

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
I can't tell if I listened to the reposted track, but you're awesome for listening (and being here). Thanks for being patient with us, and we're honored to have you! :D

Offline Darius

The revisited FS1 and FS2 themes fill my heart with warm stuff.

What's the usage policy on the remixes? Would we be able to use them as part of a FS2 mod soundtrack?

Offline Qent

Re: FS2 MainMenu Redux, that's what I imagine a hypothetical dramatic entrance by the Aquitaine would have sounded like. :D

But hey, Hecate.

Wow, nice!  You rock dude!

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
These are extraordinary; I'm loving the FS2 remixes especially! I think the fs2mainmenu redux gets legit, as soon as the vocals come in, it just doesn't stop kicking ass. :D

I'm honored, sir. Cheers!
I am a revolutionary.