Author Topic: Cannot recommend this Joystick enough for this game  (Read 11783 times)

Re: Cannot recommend this Joystick enough for this game
I'd give the Saitek X52 a B-, mostly due to the shonky drivers.

The best stability I managed meant it only crashed *occasionally*... invariably when a lot was happening. (Try flying when your joystick's reset its zero to hard right and see how you manage!)

Got a Warthog at Xmas, with a couple of MFDs... makes everything else feel like a toy. Very good, but the price is a tad eye-watering. The only thing I miss on it is a twist to roll.
[/quote
I too have the warthog joystick, which is in fact the best on the market. I use it with all my flight sims. However it will not work within Freespace 2 ? If you could tell me how you got it to work, I would be very grateful.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
See if you can get vJoy & UJR to make that work:

Offline pSimon

I'd give the Saitek X52 a B-, mostly due to the shonky drivers.

The best stability I managed meant it only crashed *occasionally*... invariably when a lot was happening. (Try flying when your joystick's reset its zero to hard right and see how you manage!)

Got a Warthog at Xmas, with a couple of MFDs... makes everything else feel like a toy. Very good, but the price is a tad eye-watering. The only thing I miss on it is a twist to roll.
[/quote
I too have the warthog joystick, which is in fact the best on the market. I use it with all my flight sims. However it will not work within Freespace 2 ? If you could tell me how you got it to work, I would be very grateful.

I just used the Thrustmaster TARGET software. It merges the joystick, throttle and MFDs into a single composite device and maps a lot of stuff to keystrokes (in my case).

As long as you take care to select the correct input device, it should all work.

This assumes you're using Windows, of course...