Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 619490 times)

Offline crizza

Re: What are you playing right now?
I love the XM800T...
It is fast, has good spotting range and if the battle is as good as won, you can rak up some kills due to TDs or SPGs hanging back :D
But I want the Bradley O.O

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The Scorpion is a lot of fun.

But I'm really on this line to work towards the Bagelpanzer.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

The bagel is a lot of fun and perhaps the lowest tier machine where using the ATGM is a viable tactic in aggressive play
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

The bagel is a lot of fun and perhaps the lowest tier machine where using the ATGM is a viable tactic in aggressive play

BMD? BMP-1P? I've done it with both.

A Feddie Story

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

BMD? BMP-1P? I've done it with both.

Missile play I find less intuitive with those to integrate, with the clip reload on the bagel you have a window which works well for switching to and firing the missile before switching back at which point the clip is almost if not already reloaded
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Do you folks like Autocannon?  Real 30mm Autocannon from the hills of the Urals?

Need to be careful with it since a lot more vehicles it sees have the firepower to eat its HP pool quick, but man that autocannon just rips apart anything it can pen.  Plus occasionally smacking something with a Konkurs is always a hoot.

Once I get it fully kitted out I will need to figure out if I want to keep pushing up the Leos or try out the Sishkin lines.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Some good stuff on the Sishkin tree

East Euro MBTs are solid performers
BMD line are BMP but smaller chassis and exchange the troop bay for the recon package
High cal Light armour is a bit sketchy until you hit the T:5 Bglt pz at which point the pain all becomes worth it

Atm Sishkin's West Euro MBT line is the weakest in the game, the Chief 5 is a Leo without the mobility and a marginal gun, The Challenger has more armour than god but has a hard time with its contemporaries due to weak spots and gun performance, both of which were buffed in 0.11, I have no idea on the Ariete but the word is the Chally 2 has similar issues as the Chally 1 so I would stear clear of that line at the moment unless you want a challenge or need the improved Intercom retrofits

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Does Armored Warfare have more fun gameplay than World of Tanks?

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

I am certainly having more fun.  No premium ammo, no public stats so much less grief in chat, PvE and PvP game modes, better battlefield awareness tools without needing to grind them out, slowest of MBTs are mobile enough that you are not stuck in one place, arty does about as much damage as an MBT shell on a direct hit, arty does minimal track damage, it takes more than 1hp of damage to your ammo rack to increase reload times and even at its worse its only about 25% slowdown.

In general it tries to be a more fluid and skill based game, while RNG is a thing it is much more manageable element of the game

Just dont try to side scrape, modern armour has surprisingly little side armour.

Offline crizza

THe game is fun, just bought my first SPG and I like it... but not the fact that you end up with morons on PVE missions, which roam around the map, while the AI caps a point and when you can finally target them, they shred you...

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

I'd personally describe it as World of Tanks cleansed of its flaws; better ingame UI, better situational awareness aides, gameplay allows more mobility so you're never committed to the wrong flank and dead.

The PVE mode is also miles ahead of anything Wargaming has ever suggested or trialed, and effectively doesn't cost you ingame-money except for consumables, so it's ideal for grinding. You'll never have to take a stock tank into a PVP battle if you don't want to. (Though it's rare you're overly weak with a stock vehicle either. Fox without MILAN is probably the only vehicle I've played that's completely changed by its later upgrades, and even then, it's still pretty fun to run around like you're the world's biggest and most deadly Panzer Ic.)

It's also significantly better-balanced than World of Tanks. Being unable to pen something from the front is not the kiss of death because it's easier to achieve side shots if you need to, or even rear shots. Arty is actually fun to play and while it's a danger it's not a massive one, rather than a torture device to both friends and enemies. The devs are more responsive to problems rather than taking Wargaming's wait-and-see approach of slow patching and communicate much better about what changes they've made and why they've made them.

Also, infinite garage slots are standard. They will never gouge you real money for wanting to keep a tank or play a new line.

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I installed it last night.  Got a few PvE games in, and it's pushing my "this is fun" button just fine.  Also saw the patch notes, and was pretty impressed with the responsiveness demonstrated.  Haven't tried PvP yet, but I'm probably going to get my **** pushed in while I learn maps.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Currently playing Mark of the Ninja.

It's pretty good, although with some drawbacks:

- Like most stealth games, it gives me a raft of options and gadgets that I never use (usually I just ghost / nonlethal my way through everything).
- Random crashes once or twice an hour.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
FV721 Fox, PVE, Operation Red Opossum, Medium Difficulty.

The best part? Nothing laid a finger on me. I got top damage over the Chieftains, ERC, and M60A3. (That last Chieftain and ERC should also hang their heads in shame.) And didn't take a single hit.

A Feddie Story

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Nice going NGTM-1R.  the Fox is a terror in the right hands.

Sadly I have to steal your spotlight now though :(

ERC-90 F4, PvE, Operation Tsunami, Medium

37 AI and they were still coming, We won because the Leo was able to cap out while the BMD-2 slowed them down

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
BMP-2 likes to PVE too, just no Terminators, those things can go die in a hole.

So I'm close to finishing up with the T54 and move up the Shish Kebab Dealership.  Should I shoot for Stronk Soviet Tenks, BMDs or BagelPanzer?

...and I already unlocked all the crap on the 62 Vet, so all the upgrades ought to be already unlocked when I pickup the regular T-62 right? Right?

YGTBSM
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:40:01 pm by StarSlayer »
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I opened a thread in the suggestions about the T-62 vet not sharing upgrade progress with the T-62 and was told by 75% of the active community that I was complaining about a gift and I should be all starry eyed that Obsidian-sempi gave me a gift

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
The Soviet Stronk Tenks include the only Tier 4 vehicle able to bounce AMX-10P PAC 90 HEAT rounds, the T-64. T-62 and T-64 are pretty good, T-72 Ural and T-72A underperform a little (literally; their engine performance lacks, and so does their armor a bit), rest of the line's average.

High-Caliber Light Armor's pretty fun all the way through, with the Bagelpanzer being a definite high point; the Stingrays are still fun but an obvious low in comparison to that or other vehicles their tier (the preorder Expeditionary Tank is clearly superior), but the XM8/M8 are excellent.

BMD line is like playing BMPs, only low profile and SUDDENLY A BRADLEY, plus it caps out in Terminatorville, which is always a good place to be.

A Feddie Story

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Waiting on Albion online to go public, meanwhile I'm just burning through xcom and pilars of eternity.
And some wows from time to time.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Doing a quick Metroid marathon again, through Super, Fusion and Zero Mission. (Can't do Prime Trilogy again until I get a free 30 hours in the offseason.)
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.