Every day (Evening, US)
2 (18.2%)
Every day (Afternoon, US)
0 (0%)
Other (Please explain)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: March 15, 2014, 05:38:54 pm

Author Topic: Streaming FreeSpace  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Experimenting a little bit with streaming, and FreeSpace is the first game I can think of that I A) Have, B) am decent at, and C) is interesting to watch.  Drop by and watch the fireworks as I probably explode several times playing for an hour or so, starting with the FSPort and eventually continuing clear through Blue Planet.

http://www.hitbox.tv/Strobe212

Friday, 20:00-22:00 GMT.  Starting off with The Darkness and the Light in the FSPort campaign.
Saturday, 07:00-09:00 GMT.  Continuing with however far we get with the FSPort.
Sunday, 01:00-03:00 GMT (technically Monday).  Again continuing however far we get with the FSPort, though this one could also be a 'requested missions' stream.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:51:50 pm by Scotty »

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
prety fun to watch
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Also enjoyed watching, once the technical issues got fixed. 
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Thanks for everybody that came out.  Looking for a little feedback on when to stream.  What's a good time for most people to drop by if they feel so inclined?

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Weekends are usually good for me--less likely to be swamped with work, and even when I am, I have more time to budget. 
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
weekends are best for me, especially as it works out at about 3 am local time for me
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
It is now the weekend just about everywhere, and this time work doesn't interfere with my schedule.  Looking to start up another stream for an hour or so starting around 3 pm EST (or 2pm EST, if that would work better.  The stream would then go a bit longer).

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Stream starting in 10 minutes!  Drop by and say something (or don't, and be a lurker, I don't mind) at http://www.hibtox.tv/Strobe212

Streaming is way less frustrating then doing playthroughs on youtube, props to you for doin' this ;x
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Yes, I like this. Watching it now.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Mpez

That was fun. Really nice and natural commentary. Looking forward to next streams.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Streaming again at 11 pm EDT.  Nothing "new" this stream, per se.  Going back to the first few missions and actually getting bonus objectives.  Going to stop when I get back to the convoy mission I got frustrated with yesterday, unless something really makes me want to keep going.

EDIT:  Streaming in just a couple minutes!  http://www.hitbox.tv/Strobe212
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:58:36 pm by Scotty »

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Added a poll to the topic, asking people to vote on how often and when I stream.  I think most of the options are fairly self-explanatory.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Weekends, possibly in the evening (US) just to make sure that us Europeans won't miss the show. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Weekends/Afternoons if you can for me! I quite enjoyed the stream when I watched and missed it when I couldn't.
You are better at FS than you think you are Scotty =x
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
It is now Friday!  The voting is closed, and the results are in.  Over 90% of you want streaming on weekends, so the weekends are what's going to happen.  My schedule is hardly constant from week to week, so I'm going to put into practice mentioning future stream dates both in a new post, and in the first post on the thread.  This week's schedule:

Friday, 20:00-22:00 GMT.  Starting off with The Darkness and the Light in the FSPort campaign.
Saturday, 07:00-09:00 GMT.  Continuing with however far we get with the FSPort.
Sunday, 01:00-03:00 GMT (technically Monday).  Again continuing however far we get with the FSPort, though this one could also be a 'requested missions' stream.

Drop by the stream between those times, and watch me explode and curse at the screen for the first mission, and then at least for the next couple after that laugh my way through waves of Basilisks.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Welp, apparently not only did I seriously **** up what time the Saturday stream was going to be (by about 10 hours), it's also getting pushed back from the actual time it was supposed to be by an hour or so, because I'm feeling sick and it's taking me longer to do regular things.  Current projected stream time is 19:00 GMT, and will likely only be going for an hour.

My waiting for Scotty to stream has spawned impatientness and inspired me to stream myself ;P
I have no idea if I'll be anywhere near as entertaining as Scotty himself, but you're welcome to come throw abuse/say hi/whatever :P
(I also have no idea if I'll do this more than once ;D)

http://www.hitbox.tv/QuantumDelta

Quality looks okay to me, I have no idea about sound though...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
As of right this moment I'm exhausted, and may or may not stream tonight.  For now, I'm planning on it, but will likely be playing some of my favorite missions on Easy in order to avoid getting too frustrated.

Stream time is tentatively set for 6 pm CDT, which translates to 11 pm GMT, as far as I'm aware.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Excellent! I'll be able to watch this time. Watching FS streams goes great with FREDding :D