Author Topic: Editor  (Read 1610 times)

How in editor you can add ammo for guns (Viper or Raider) and can Battlestar launch missiles?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
For changing ammo for missiles you want the ship editors weapons section. As I suspect you've already discovered, you can't set the ammo for guns here (guns with ammo was a much later addition and wasn't ever supported in FRED). For that you need to use the set-primary-ammo SEXP. The SEXP only works for ships which are currently in the mission though, so if any of them arrive later, you'll have to set them up once they appear. Personally I'd use arguments for that,

when-argument
- any-of
-- Alpha 1
-- Alpha 2
-- rest of your ship's that will jump in
- has-arrived-delay
-- <argument>
- set-primary-ammo
-- <argument>
-- Weapon Bank (0 or 1 for most ships, 0 being main guns, 1 being the tail gun on the viper)
-- Amount of ammo desired.
- invalidate-argument
-- <argument>

Give the event a trigger count equal to the number of ships and an interval time of 0. That means it will check every frame if there is a ship that has arrived, set the ammo the way you want, and then remove the ship from the list.

As for missiles, do you mean small ship to ship ones (like in the episode with the Stealthstar) or do you mean the big nukes like in the last mission of the game. Cause obviously the latter is possible but the Sobek has no small ship to ship missiles for taking down fighters, only great big nukes. When R2 comes out, we should hopefully have the former for the Valkyrie class.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Ok, how i do that? How i use SEXP?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
If you don't know how to use SEXPs then you've almost certainly not done the walkthrough I wrote on how to make missions for Diaspora. In FRED go to Help in the menu and choose Help Topics. That will open up the Diaspora documentation. Read (and actually create) the Extended Walkthrough mission and you should have a lot less problems making missions afterwards.

If there's anything you found hard to follow in the walkthrough, be sure to tell me.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Just to point things out, on this board we don't delete questions that have been resolved cause it's good for the next person who comes along with the same question. :)