Author Topic: [RELEASE] Shadow Genesis: 2017 Edition  (Read 177640 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: The Shadow is coming... SHADOW GENESIS: RELEASE
You guys can free up a lot of PPV slots in the future by moving your checkpoint system to the newer, more elegant LUA setup.

Offline BugMeNot

• I'm a throwaway account. My users may behave unpredictably. Read with caution.
  • One Account, Many Users
@StarDestroyer: What exactly do you mean by 'I have no ship'? There should be Alpha 2 and three other survivors except for you and you should be flying Ezechiel.

I got this showstopper too, all of alpha wing are shown as dead, and you are stuck in a state of not being able to fly (with the result that you can't jump out, so cheatkilling everything won't help either).  Switching to external view shows no ship.
My hud also gets screwed up by this in first person view as well.
SS: http://i.imgur.com/TwSJaJs.jpg?1

Not shown - Grizzly's dialogue is attributed to Command.

ok, theres been like 3 missions now where I've had to use cheats to win...a bit ridiculous.
first was where you have to help evac the 3 part station, nightmare capships kill a part of the station over and over and theres nothing I could do.
second was running back to milky way with the stalker, it fires missiles that instantly kill you with their shockwaves, happened like 4 times before I said screw this and activated god mode.
third was just now where I have to save Nephelai, when its trying to escape theres no way I can destroy the beam turrets fast enough, on like 3rd try I managed to get the last one...right as Nephelai is exploding.

ok after like 6 tries I destroyed all the beams, so yeah the third one there is possible without cheats, after multiple fails  :blah:

This is a good campaign, but some of these missions are quite infuriating

(im on easy difficulty btw)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:48:02 pm by BloodFleet »

@BugMeNot:
To be honest, I have completely no idea what your bug comes from. I think this is something with your version of Open or some HUD add-ons you have installed.

@BloodFleet:
Spoiler:
Westerplatte - that should not be a problem, there are only two groups of Nightmares (2 Elis & Meshulam in the beginning and Marchosias & 3 Elis in the second assault) that can actually destroy the station, although they always prioritize allied capships first. Darkhorn's battlegroup only damages the station before it's distracted by the frigattes. It is very difficult to lose the installation in this mission. Just use Penetrators on time to disarm enemy warships.
Stalker - you're right, Teeraal has finally found the reason of your bug - we thought it was a Nightmare bomb, but it was one of Stalker's torpedoes. We'll fix it in the patch.
Nirvana - you have three Elis in the first wave that attack Naevius and Seneca, but they are quite easy to disarm. The next two waves are more difficult, but you are told about their arrival about a minute earlier and you know moreless where they turn up. Simply launch Penetrators on Meshulams just after they arrive.

@General Battuta:
Yes, I think I'll learn LUA when I have some time and write some scripts for the next part of Shadow Genesis (coming not so soon :D). It was really annoying to look through 43 missions in search of a few variables to remove and keep their amount below limit of 250 :P.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You can use Admiral MS' really really good ship save/load script. It removes a ton of that hassle.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
@General Battuta:
Yes, I think I'll learn LUA when I have some time and write some scripts for the next part of Shadow Genesis (coming not so soon :D). It was really annoying to look through 43 missions in search of a few variables to remove and keep their amount below limit of 250 :P.
The point is that you don't have to learn LUA at all. It's just grab, drop and use.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Difficult to lose the installation? Ok right thats why it died like 4 times in a row...and I was trying to use penetrators to kill the beams. Whatever, that mission isn't the problem anymore.
Yeah, easy to disarm but they always fired before I could. Sometimes the penetrator didn't even do any damage, and I don't see how it could miss from head on. Simply fire when they arrive lol well I did that and still failed it like 5 times before that worked. Again, not really an issue anymore.

Now on Enemy at the Gates mission...oh boy the Nirvana dies again, I made it primary objective to destroy beams, which I did, but eventually the Nirvana dies because again the nightmare caps (besides most of the cruisers) always get a shot or 2 off before their beams are dead so by the 3rd wave of capships Nirvana was at 1% and thus died again and again. I'll try for a third run, but if the same stuff happens then its back to cheats.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Code: [Select]
$Shields: 5000
$Shield Color: 255, 0, 255
$Power Output: 6.0
$Max Oclk Speed: 95.0
$Max Weapon Eng: 100.0
$Hitpoints: 900
$Flags: ( "bomber" )

This is on the Nightmare Bomber...and you have 6 of these in a mission at a time...normal freespace 2 doesn't stand a chance...

Speaking about Nightmares, very nice job with them. Very challenging enemy but in some cases...a little ridiculous to deal with.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
fsmods download is fixed. I have no idea why it was pointing to a file that didn't exist.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

@BTA:
What is effective against Gualis:
- Hellion+Reaper set
- Double Angel
- Single Szczerbiec
- HYPACS
Spoiler:
However, Westerplatte and Through Back Door are two missions where we fight an unknown, aggressive enemy and we're not prepared to confront them. That's why until An Dante we suffer heavy losses and try to slow enemies down rather than defeat them. After the first engagements the Wolf's Fleet quickly adapts to confront new types of hostiles and as a result more squadrons are given access to weapons as Reaper and HYPACS.

@BloodFleet:
Spoiler:
Enemy at the gates is a sniper mission. You have to find a place about 3-4 clicks below or above a corridor Nightmare warships are entering the system and disarm them with Titan/HYPACS and Penetrators as soon as they arrive. Giving orders to your wingmen is also very useful.

Well, I think that in a patch we will release an alternative version of core with lower difficulty level (allied capships will have more hitpoints).

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
You really should get someone to proof-read and fix the wonky English. I'm finding myself fast-fowarding and skipping stuff because of it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 07:05:44 am by Nemesis6 »

Offline crizza

:(
It just won't run...

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
FreeSpace 2 Open version: 3.6.18.9546
Passed cmdline options:
  -spec_exp 11
  -ogl_spec 60
  -spec_static 0.8
  -spec_point 0.6
  -spec_tube 0.4
  -ambient_factor 75
  -missile_lighting
  -3dshockwave
  -dualscanlines
  -3dwarp
  -snd_preload
  -mod Shadow Genesis,mediavps_3612
  -window
Building file index...
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\Shadow Genesis\SG-advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0x862139ac
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\Shadow Genesis\SG-assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x0b7b3e64
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\Shadow Genesis\SG-core.vp' with a checksum of 0xd00337b6
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\Shadow Genesis\SG-interface.vp' with a checksum of 0x5868fac7
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\Shadow Genesis\SG-sounds.vp' with a checksum of 0x5b9f7193
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\Shadow Genesis\SG-textures.vp' with a checksum of 0xf1814554
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0x4b8b0f5a
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_AnimGlows.vp' with a checksum of 0x6a554026
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x59649c21
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x529cc70f
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_1.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c948078
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd1e3fc51
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c510aa0
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xb9a9a485
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' with a checksum of 0xb3e21469
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_RadarIcons.vp' with a checksum of 0x31dd7781
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x7c9d7e74
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ffd5c78
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x3f08ae08
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x0098ee1f
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x749032a2
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x566add58
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xf2983309
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd4e3ad49
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x799e46a1
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x825f5ee0
Found root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa7037300
Searching root 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\Shadow Genesis\' ... 0 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\Shadow Genesis\SG-advanced.vp' ... 13 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\Shadow Genesis\SG-assets.vp' ... 988 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\Shadow Genesis\SG-core.vp' ... 69 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\Shadow Genesis\SG-interface.vp' ... 1136 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\Shadow Genesis\SG-sounds.vp' ... 155 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\Shadow Genesis\SG-textures.vp' ... 818 files
Searching root 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\' ... 0 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Advanced.vp' ... 1283 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_AnimGlows.vp' ... 1641 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.3612.vp' ... 315 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' ... 1527 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_1.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' ... 52 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.3612.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' ... 1876 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_RadarIcons.vp' ... 24 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.3612.vp' ... 13 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' ... 94 files
Searching root 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\' ... 2 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\stu_fs2.vp' ... 1777 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\FreeSpace2\warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Found 30 roots and 16497 files.
AutoLang: Language auto-detection successful...
Setting language to German
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-lcl.tbm' ...
Initializing OpenAL...
  OpenAL Vendor     : Creative Labs Inc.
  OpenAL Renderer   : Software
  OpenAL Version    : 1.1

Found extension "ALC_EXT_EFX".

Sample rate: 44100 (44100)
  EFX enabled: NO
  Playback device: Generic Software on Lautsprecher (High Definition Audio-Gerät)
  Capture device: Mikrofon (High Definition Audio
... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1680x1050 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing WGL...
  Requested WGL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1
  Actual WGL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor    : ATI Technologies Inc.
  OpenGL Renderer  : ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
  OpenGL Version   : 3.3.11653 Compatibility Profile Context

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_point_sprite".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_float".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex".
  Found special extension function "wglSwapIntervalEXT".

Compiling new shader:
   Loading built-in default shader for: soft-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: soft-f.sdr
Shader features:
   Depth-blended Particles
Compiling new shader:
   Loading built-in default shader for: soft-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: soft-f.sdr
Shader features:
   Distorted Particles

Max texture units: 8 (16)
  Max elements vertices: 2147483647
  Max elements indices: 16777215
  Max texture size: 8192x8192
  Max render buffer size: 8192x8192
  Can use compressed textures: YES
  Texture compression available: YES
  Post-processing enabled: NO
  Using trilinear texture filter.
  OpenGL Shader Version: 3.30
... OpenGL init is complete!
Size of bitmap info = 742 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 48 bytes
ANI cursorweb with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
GRAPHICS: Initializing default colors...
Game Settings Table: Using Standard Loops For SEXP Arguments
Game Settings Table: Using standard event chaining behavior
Game Settings Table: External shaders are DISABLED
SCRIPTING: Beginning initialization sequence...
SCRIPTING: Beginning Lua initialization...
LUA: Opening LUA state...
LUA: Initializing base Lua libraries...
LUA: Beginning ADE initialization
ADE: Initializing enumeration constants...
ADE: Assigning Lua session...
SCRIPTING: Beginning main hook parse sequence....
Wokka!  Error opening file (scripting.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'scripting.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_flak-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_dbrs-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_exp-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'zoom-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'AnEngines-sct.tbm' ...
SCRIPTING: Inititialization complete.
SCRIPTING: Splash screen overrides checked
SCRIPTING: Splash hook has been run
SCRIPTING: Splash screen conditional hook has been run
Using high memory settings...
Wokka!  Error opening file (interface.tbl)!
WMCGUI: Unable to parse 'interface.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-sdf.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'SG-sdf.tbm' ...
Dutifully ignoring the extra sound values for retail sound 36, 'l_hit.wav'...
Dutifully ignoring the extra sound values for retail sound 37, 'm_hit.wav'...
Windows reported 16 joysticks, we found 0
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_music-mus.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'SG-mus.tbm' ...
TABLES => Unable to find 'colors.tbl'. Initialising colors with default values.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-mfl.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'SG-mfl.tbm' ...
Wokka!  Error opening file (armor.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'armor.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-amr.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'SG-aip.tbm' ...
Warning: "$perform less checks for death screams" flag is deprecated in favor of "$perform fewer checks for death screams"
Warning: "$allow primary link delay" flag is deprecated in favor of "$allow primary link at mission start"
Warning: "$perform less checks for death screams" flag is deprecated in favor of "$perform fewer checks for death screams"
Warning: "$allow primary link delay" flag is deprecated in favor of "$allow primary link at mission start"
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wxp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'SG-wxp.tbm' ...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp20.eff) with 75 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (ExpMissileHit1.eff) with 92 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp04.eff) with 49 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp05.eff) with 93 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp06.eff) with 92 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (capflash.eff) with 40 frames at 10 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Maxim_Impact.eff) with 23 frames at 30 fps.
ANI Lamprey_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
WARNING: "Weapon explosion 'exp06b' does not have an LOD0 anim!" at weapons.cpp:181
BMPMAN: Found EFF (bexp04.eff) with 49 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp_fire.eff) with 14 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp_flare.eff) with 18 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp_plasma.eff) with 15 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp_smoke.eff) with 15 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (gauss_impact.eff) with 8 frames at 32 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (ArcherMuzz.eff) with 5 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (blueblast.eff) with 15 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (VX_02imp.eff) with 11 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (ShieldHit03a.eff) with 22 frames at 30 fps.
WARNING: "$Pspew specified for weapon Big Assault Railgun but this weapon does not have the "Particle Spew" weapon flag set. Automatically setting the flag" at weapons.cpp:2351
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_assets-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-obt.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'SG-obt.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'radar-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_assets-shp.tbm' ...
species.tbl(line 168): Warning: Token too long: [Wenn Ihre Schilde angeschlagen sind, drcken Sie [Q], um die restliche Schildenergie gleichm„ssig zu verteilen.].  Length = 111.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 168): Warning: Token too long: [Wenn Ihre Schilde angeschlagen sind, drcken Sie [Q], um die restliche Schildenergie gleichm„ssig zu verteilen.].  Length = 111.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 177): Warning: Token too long: [Drcken Sie [Alt-H], um feindliche Schiffe automatisch als Ziel zu erfassen. Um diese Option auszuschalten, drcken Sie einfach noch einmal [Alt-H].].  Length = 148.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 177): Warning: Token too long: [Drcken Sie [Alt-H], um feindliche Schiffe automatisch als Ziel zu erfassen. Um diese Option auszuschalten, drcken Sie einfach noch einmal [Alt-H].].  Length = 148.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 186): Warning: Token too long: [Manchmal k”nnen Sie Verst„rkungen herbeirufen. Drcken Sie dazu erst die Taste [C], dann die [4]. Das verringert allerdings Ihre Punktzahl.].  Length = 139.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 186): Warning: Token too long: [Manchmal k”nnen Sie Verst„rkungen herbeirufen. Drcken Sie dazu erst die Taste [C], dann die [4]. Das verringert allerdings Ihre Punktzahl.].  Length = 139.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 203): Warning: Token too long: [Drcken Sie [_], um Ihre Raketenwerfer zu koppeln. Mit [.] k”nnen Sie zwischen den Prim„rwaffen umschalten.].  Length = 107.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 203): Warning: Token too long: [Drcken Sie [_], um Ihre Raketenwerfer zu koppeln. Mit [.] k”nnen Sie zwischen den Prim„rwaffen umschalten.].  Length = 107.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 220): Warning: Token too long: [Wenn Ihnen das Spiel zu leicht oder zu schwer vorkommt, „ndern Sie den Schwierigkeitsgrad im Optionenmen (drcken Sie dazu [F2])].  Length = 129.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 220): Warning: Token too long: [Wenn Ihnen das Spiel zu leicht oder zu schwer vorkommt, „ndern Sie den Schwierigkeitsgrad im Optionenmen (drcken Sie dazu [F2])].  Length = 129.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 253): Warning: Token too long: [Raketen oder Bomben aus n„chster N„he ins Ziel zu feuern schadet mit grosser Wahrscheinlichkeit Ihrer Gesundheit.].  Length = 113.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 253): Warning: Token too long: [Raketen oder Bomben aus n„chster N„he ins Ziel zu feuern schadet mit grosser Wahrscheinlichkeit Ihrer Gesundheit.].  Length = 113.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 271): Warning: Token too long: [Drcken Sie [G], um das n„chste Schiff oder den n„chsten Geschtzturm als Ziel zu erfassen, der Ihr gegenw„rtiges Ziel angreift. Das ist eine wirksame Methode zum Schutz gegen Grosskampfschiffe.].  Length = 194.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 271): Warning: Token too long: [Drcken Sie [G], um das n„chste Schiff oder den n„chsten Geschtzturm als Ziel zu erfassen, der Ihr gegenw„rtiges Ziel angreift. Das ist eine wirksame Methode zum Schutz gegen Grosskampfschiffe.].  Length = 194.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 287): Warning: Token too long: [Bevor Sie eine zielsuchende Rakete wie etwa die Tornado abfeuern k”nnen, muss deren Suchkopf erst das Ziel sicher erfasst haben.].  Length = 128.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 287): Warning: Token too long: [Bevor Sie eine zielsuchende Rakete wie etwa die Tornado abfeuern k”nnen, muss deren Suchkopf erst das Ziel sicher erfasst haben.].  Length = 128.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 296): Warning: Token too long: [Wenn Sie ein Grosskampfschiff angreifen, ist es lebenswichtig, zuerst seine Geschtztrme auszuschalten. Erfassen Sie sie mit der Taste [K] als Ziel.].  Length = 149.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 296): Warning: Token too long: [Wenn Sie ein Grosskampfschiff angreifen, ist es lebenswichtig, zuerst seine Geschtztrme auszuschalten. Erfassen Sie sie mit der Taste [K] als Ziel.].  Length = 149.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 305): Warning: Token too long: [W„hrend eines Einsatzes k”nnen Sie sich alle Mitteilungen noch einmal ansehen, indem Sie [F4] drcken und 'Meldungen' w„hlen.].  Length = 125.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 305): Warning: Token too long: [W„hrend eines Einsatzes k”nnen Sie sich alle Mitteilungen noch einmal ansehen, indem Sie [F4] drcken und 'Meldungen' w„hlen.].  Length = 125.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 320): Warning: Token too long: [Wenn Sie mehr Abschsse verbuchen wollen, befehlen Sie Ihren Flgelleuten, Ihr Ziel zu ignorieren (im Kommunikationsmen, Taste [C]).].  Length = 133.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 320): Warning: Token too long: [Wenn Sie mehr Abschsse verbuchen wollen, befehlen Sie Ihren Flgelleuten, Ihr Ziel zu ignorieren (im Kommunikationsmen, Taste [C]).].  Length = 133.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 344): Warning: Token too long: [Wenn Sie Bomben mit einer langen Nachladedauer abwerfen, k”nnen Sie auf eine andere Lafette umschalten, um schneller feuern zu k”nnen.].  Length = 134.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 344): Warning: Token too long: [Wenn Sie Bomben mit einer langen Nachladedauer abwerfen, k”nnen Sie auf eine andere Lafette umschalten, um schneller feuern zu k”nnen.].  Length = 134.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 356): Warning: Token too long: [Wenn Ihnen die T„uschk”rper ausgehen, k”nnen Sie einer Rakete manchmal auch dadurch ausweichen, dass Sie abdrehen und im letzten Moment den Nachbrenner hochjagen.].  Length = 162.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 356): Warning: Token too long: [Wenn Ihnen die T„uschk”rper ausgehen, k”nnen Sie einer Rakete manchmal auch dadurch ausweichen, dass Sie abdrehen und im letzten Moment den Nachbrenner hochjagen.].  Length = 162.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 365): Warning: Token too long: [Manche Schiffe erzeugen bei der Explosion extreme Schockwellen. Halten Sie ausreichend Abstand, um ernste Besch„digungen Ihres Schiffes zu vermeiden.].  Length = 149.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 365): Warning: Token too long: [Manche Schiffe erzeugen bei der Explosion extreme Schockwellen. Halten Sie ausreichend Abstand, um ernste Besch„digungen Ihres Schiffes zu vermeiden.].  Length = 149.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 374): Warning: Token too long: [Rufen Sie mit der Tastenkombination [Shift-R] ein Versorgungsschiff herbei, BEVOR Ihnen die Raketen ausgehen.].  Length = 109.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 374): Warning: Token too long: [Rufen Sie mit der Tastenkombination [Shift-R] ein Versorgungsschiff herbei, BEVOR Ihnen die Raketen ausgehen.].  Length = 109.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 393): Warning: Token too long: [Drcken Sie in Mehrspielereins„tzen die Taste [1], um eine Nachricht an alle Spieler zu senden.].  Length = 95.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 393): Warning: Token too long: [Drcken Sie in Mehrspielereins„tzen die Taste [1], um eine Nachricht an alle Spieler zu senden.].  Length = 95.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
species.tbl(line 408): Warning: Token too long: [Drcken Sie bei Eins„tzen Mannschaft gegen Mannschaft die Taste [3], um eine Nachricht an das gegnerische Team zu senden.].  Length = 121.  Max is 31.

WARNING: "species.tbl(line 408): Warning: Token too long: [Drcken Sie bei Eins„tzen Mannschaft gegen Mannschaft die Taste [3], um eine Nachricht an das gegnerische Team zu senden.].  Length = 121.  Max is 31." at parselo.cpp:334
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-hdg.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'escort-hdg.tbm' ...
ANI support1 with size 108x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI damage1 with size 148x25 (21.9% wasted)
ANI wingman1 with size 71x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI wingman2 with size 35x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI wingman3 with size 14x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI toggle1 with size 57x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI head1 with size 164x132 (48.4% wasted)
ANI weapons1 with size 126x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI weapons1_b with size 150x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI objective1 with size 149x21 (34.4% wasted)
ANI netlag1 with size 29x30 (6.3% wasted)
ANI targhit1 with size 31x21 (34.4% wasted)
ANI time1 with size 47x23 (28.1% wasted)
ANI targetview1 with size 137x156 (39.1% wasted)
ANI targetview2 with size 4x96 (25.0% wasted)
ANI targetview3 with size 7x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI 2_energy2 with size 86x96 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_reticle1 with size 40x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_leftarc with size 103x252 (1.6% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc1 with size 103x252 (1.6% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc2 with size 35x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc3 with size 41x29 (9.4% wasted)
ANI 2_lead1 with size 26x26 (18.8% wasted)
ANI 2_lock1 with size 56x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI 2_lockspin with size 100x100 (21.9% wasted)
ANI energy1 with size 12x41 (35.9% wasted)
ANI 2_radar1 with size 209x170 (33.6% wasted)
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-str.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'SG-str.tbm' ...
loading animated cursor "cursor"
ANI cursor with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
TABLES => Starting parse of 'mainhall.tbl.
MediaVPs: Flaming debris script loaded!
MediaVPs: Explosions script loaded!
WARNING: "No config file found. Returning to default" at lua.cpp:11045
Zoom Script initialized!Ships.tbl is : INVALID!!!!
Weapons.tbl is : INVALID!!!!
cfile_init() took 1216
TrackIR Init Failed - 1
Movie Error:  Unable to open 'intro' movie in any supported format.
Got event GS_EVENT_GAME_INIT (49) in state NOT A VALID STATE (0)
ANI cursor.ani with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
Wokka!  Error opening file (hud_3.hcf)!
HUDCONFIG: Unable to parse 'hud_3.hcf'!  Error code = 5.
Setting detail level to 3 because of new pilot
Freeing all existing models...

Stop playing in German language settings, play in English? Can you do that somehow?

Offline crizza

Uh is there a simple file floating around or a selection to change the language?
I bought the german version ages ago.

Might be a good idea to tone down the szerbiech or whatever the hell it is too

the shockwave instantly kills you  :blah:

also the meshulum frigates, i've had problems disarming that beam (which has caused several mission fails), sometimes a dual fire penetrator does only like 7% damage!
and theres no way I'm missing when shooting at it from the front and watching the missiles hit but barely do anything.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:49:01 pm by BloodFleet »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Uh is there a simple file floating around or a selection to change the language?
I bought the german version ages ago.

On OSX/Linux you can set it in fs2_open.ini - I think on Windows those settings are in the registry, e.g.
Language=English

BUT, given that I can't test this, unless you're really comfortable with editing the registry, you should maybe wait for someone more experienced to comment... I'm not even sure if you'd also need an English language retail VP for this to work properly or not (given that the code checksums the 1st font file in order to set the language)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Belisarius

• I will not give up my ship!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Legends of Middleearth
Great campaign. I like it so far. But one question. Where are the credits? Can't find them in the vp files.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Great campaign. I like it so far. But one question. Where are the credits? Can't find them in the vp files.
In the last mission :)

Might be a good idea to tone down the szerbiech or whatever the hell it is too

the shockwave instantly kills you  :blah:

also the meshulum frigates, i've had problems disarming that beam (which has caused several mission fails), sometimes a dual fire penetrator does only like 7% damage!
and theres no way I'm missing when shooting at it from the front and watching the missiles hit but barely do anything.
Szczerbiec is actually pretty well balanced, shockwave is small. Otherwise it's long range missile, so it can blow You up if you're using it as close-range weapon. Shoot a Helios from 500 meters, and You will know what I'm talking about :P.

Meshulams... Hmmm. Maybe Penetrator II has a little bit too small shockwave damage, and when You have "unlucky shot" it won't kill Meshulam's beam. Noted, and will be rebalanced in 1.1 patch, with better language and other bugfixes.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Because I'm curious, why are the SOC missions not presented as optional loops?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Hmm. Play them and find out ;) Worth it, trust me.