Author Topic: Alliance Website  (Read 53864 times)

Offline Darius

Be interesting to see how you've done the railgun effect, and whether it's the same as how I envisioned them.

I imagined them as high-speed (2000-3000m/s) laserglow bitmaps with a trail that lasts for a few seconds after the projectile has detonated at its target. Ingame, it looks quite spectacular, as there is a glowing trail to mark the passage of the railgun shot, that fades to 0.0 alpha after a few seconds.

Or is that giving away inside secrets? :P

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Our railguns are slower. Sid wants to make them very fast but it totally destroys balance and they won't render correctly on some systems due to their speed.

Ours uses both standard trails and Pspew to create the trail effect.

Offline neoterran

So, whats the timeframe estimate for at least a demo of alliance ? A month? Two ?
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I have mission dialogue to redo for m15, several cb anis to do, then I need to fix mapping errors on the HTL Orion and Faustus and create a campaign file. I pushed myself this weekend and got the last 5 missions ready for internal testing.

Hopefully the full thing should be released within 1-2 months if testing goes well and I think it's ok to launch with whatever version of 3.6.9 is around then.

Hopefully the full thing should be released within 1-2 months if testing goes well and I think it's ok to launch with whatever version of 3.6.9 is around then.

Everyone remember that timespan. We'll hold you to it, Woomeister! :D
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Hey if you want it untested you can have it in a day or two :D

I'd rather wait myself though.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Here's some of the single frame cb anis I made today:

All of these were produced using FS Open itself, except for the stuff around the Hera, though the Hera is from the lab.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Nice! for sum reason my eye keeps getting drawn to the hera, very cool.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
That's the only 'new technology' ani I had to do. You get the Hera for the very last mission.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
This mod of yours looks amazing Woo. :yes: I hope you had fun developing it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 04:18:46 pm by T-Man »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well it was a refreshing change and is easier to manage even though it's far larger than the original plan due to the added hybrid support.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 05:37:28 pm by Woomeister »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I thought I saw a INF:A mission based in Antares. That's kinda funny how Inferno, set in 2400, can go back to 2336. :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
That's a NC mission, not part of the main campaign. All 20 campaign missions are set in Sol.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yes, I mean one that uses its MODs.

Anyway, i thought you said that the only Orion in Sol was the Auriga. What about the Gaia/Terra of the GTA 1st Fleet? The GTA HAD to have at least 1 back in Sol.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No, the only Orion featured in INFA is the Auriga, it is not the only Orion in Sol.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oh, okay, that makes sense. :)

And which is more powerful, Mageara or Het-Ka?

oops, I mean Magaera. :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 08:33:54 am by Snail »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Megaera :D

Depends were you place them. The Het-Ka has more forward beams but the EA Railguns are better than the Vasudan Neutron cannons.

Megaera was one of the Erinyes (Furies), a Greek goddess of vengeance.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What? Vasudans are weak in every MOD... Well this is the HoL we're talking about... And on the subjec of Vasudans does Khonsu II still get assassinated in the new plot? I liked how that happend, it made Inferno have more tension during joint operations. :).

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Our Vasudans have more tactical weapons than the Terrans I suppose. They have fighter mounted flak and beam weapons when the Terrans don't.  The Apothess is still a great tactical weapon and you'll be seeing a few of those in the main INF campaign.

Oh I think the Vasudan ships in INFA carry more Neutron cannons than the Sol ships have railguns, so though they do less damage per shot, more shots are usually fired at a single target which evens things out a bit.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Vasudans have neutron guns already in INF:A? That's interesting.

Guess Khonsu II plot is secret right now. :doubt:

Anyway, are Plasma weapons better than Neutron guns?