Author Topic: Different Infernos ; quite confusing  (Read 6157 times)

Different Infernos ; quite confusing
Hi guys

I finished the Alliance campaign, where the battle above mars takes place those two destroyers have a fight, but is that it? I thought there is another one that continues after that. I expected more  :blah:

*edit* never mind, found Inferno R1, the 'old' one. Strange though that Inferno Allliance came out AFTER R1, yet R1 takes place many years after in the storyline. Oh, and if memory serves, I played it through before my pc was totally wrecked, but playing it again now, but i recall that the campaign ended after the Gigas showed up. Is that meant to happen?

*EDIT* What the hell ? No links for downloading R1 are working. They are, but they're all pay-to-download, or download super slow cause ur not a member ! >.< Also the patch for SCP is Fileplanet (EVIL!). Anywhere else i can get it?  :hopping:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 04:58:45 am by Vasudan Commander »

Offline Dysko

Re: Different Infernos ; quite confusing
INFR1 is old, now it's being remade as a standalone version (INFSCP).

INFA will have a sequel, INFA2 (well, pretty obvious, isn't it?). INFA will be re-released in a revamped, standalone version with remade missions (INFASA), and INFA2 will be released as a mod for INFASA.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

So the original Inferno R1 hasnt been remade SCP yet i take it? And this INFA Part 2 isnt out yet?

Seems to me that the inferno team , as accomplished as it is, has bitten off more then they can chew!

p.s , the campaigns would be 10x better with voice acting. (*cough* PICK ME! *cough*  :D)

Offline Dysko

INFR1 was released for retail only, and to make it SCP compatible also a SCP patch for INFR1 has been released. However, INFR1 + SCP patch is NOT INFSCP.

INFA has been released.

INFASA and INFSCP are going to be released. INFASA will almost surely the first to be released. And, since I'm testing it, I can say it has really great missions ;7

So INFASA takes places After INF:A , where Earth and Mars signed that cease-fire?

I liked the idea of railguns, but thought they should've fired more often. The last mission, having those two destroyers side by side at the end in an exchange like old pirate guns blasting eachother to smitherines was pretty cool.

I managed to save the Auriga with 90% hull strength.  :pimp:

Oh, and on a side note.  Will both inferno (the early one set in Sol), and the later one, taking place after the 2nd great war, eventually tie in together, or are the both kinda seperate?

Offline Dysko

So INFASA takes places After INF:A , where Earth and Mars signed that cease-fire?
Yes and no. INFASA will be first of all a revamped standalone INFA. Later, INFA2 will be released, and you will use that as a mod for INFASA.

Oh, and on a side note.  Will both inferno (the early one set in Sol), and the later one, taking place after the 2nd great war, eventually tie in together, or are the both kinda seperate?
INFA and INFA2 will be a prequel to INFSCP.

Offline Snail

• SC 5

No.

Here we go again:

Inferno R1 (INFR1) - Set in 2401, war between the EA and the GTVA, designed for Retail Vanilla FS2.
Inferno SCP (INFSCP) - Complete revamp from INFR1, in a sort of parallel universe but using the same ideas. Also a war between the EA and the GTVA optimized for FSOpen.
Inferno Alliance (INFA) - The early formation of the EA which is set in Sol. Set in 2350. Set in the Inferno SCP continuity.
Inferno Alliance Standalone (INFASA) - Same as INFA, but with a bigger campaign, characters, better plot, etc. etc.
Inferno Alliance II - Another campaign set in Sol. Set after the events of INFASA. Formation of the EA.

Yeah, they will tie in together. INFA is basically the formation of the Earth Alliance (EA), set in Sol, while INFSCP is the war between the EA and the GTVA.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
INFR1 was the original Inferno made in (2004?)

INF SCP is a new WIP version. It will follow the same basic story (Gigas, EA War) with some new ship classes and alot more HTL and improved graphics.

INFA is a new mod that shows what happened in Sol after the Lucifer was destroyed.

INFASA is an update to INFA. It improves upon the missions and graphics. It is completely standalone?

INFA2 is the sequel to INFA. It will be released as a mod for INFASA.

*whew*
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
INFASA is completely standalone. You don't need to have any FS2 install to play it. It provides its own executables and all.

It should also be noted that INFSCP does not have the same storyline as INFR1. No SOC fleet and no VCI.

Okay,  i think i understand now. ( I think  :wtf: )

Anyhow, we got a release date for these?

Inferno R1 was the one with the huge ships and wicked guns, so that should come first IMHO.

Sooooooooo, any idea when InfernoSCP will be released?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
December 22nd 2012...

I know, one day after the apocalypse. :(

Okay,  i think i understand now. ( I think  :wtf: )

Anyhow, we got a release date for these?

Inferno R1 was the one with the huge ships and wicked guns, so that should come first IMHO.

Sooooooooo, any idea when InfernoSCP will be released?

None whatsoever. All anybody knows is that Rampage (the guy working on it) said it will not be released before 2008.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
None whatsoever. All anybody knows is that Rampage (the guy working on it) said it will not be released before 2008.

*SNORT*

Excuse me.

AFAIK, Snail, you are not working on INF SCP, but INF:A (or INFASA or whateverthehellyouwanttocallit).

Therefore I do not understand why you are taking offense. :confused:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, I wasn't taking offense, just... Snorting.

Ok........... why?  :p

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Because I... I... Like pigs! Yeah... I... Like pigs.

Perhaps you guys might consider bringing on more help to get it completed sooner rather then later.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
lol

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I know I can't help much. What can I do: super-basic FREDding, write tech descriptions, simple tabling et cetra. But if anything I would definitely want to help out for SCP (considering that the rest of the Café fellers are already working on ASA and A2).

Café manager doing nothing :lol:...
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."