Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844071 times)

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
We have a terran Mihos and a vasudan one. Each one has his own model, textures and weapons compatibility. On the fluff side, I think it's a joint development which each side adapted for his own production facilities and armament.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
As I recall there was a GTF Mihos and GVF Mihos, the differences being engine glows and pilot model. Nice to see there's an alternative paint job to flesh out the differences too.
They had different textures but the same model. Now they are different models as well.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
One of the biggest models in Inferno and my biggest project so far :D. Ladies and gentelmens...

The GTI Ishtar aka GTI Melia aka Sol Gate

Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline CKid

Jaw is on the ground.  :eek:
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That'll work.  Oh, that'll work just fine.

(One thing I've always liked about that design is just how huge and bulky it is...I feel like the GTVA trying to reverse-engineer a Knossos would probably produce something that needed a crap-load of power/equipment to run.)

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
*Screams with great joy and amusment* IT LIVES! THE ISHTAR GATE LIVES!
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Just to make sense of the scale, two or more Diablos could go in at the same time, with room to spare if I recall.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Just to make sense of the scale, two or more Diablos could go in at the same time, with room to spare if I recall.

Indeed

Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Exactly. AFAIK even Gigas or Icanus would suit in the current Solgate, as I never changed original size values during the conversion. This thing is pretty huge, and has 190 turrets overall.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
(One thing I've always liked about that design is just how huge and bulky it is...I feel like the GTVA trying to reverse-engineer a Knossos would probably produce something that needed a crap-load of power/equipment to run.)
That was the general idea when I designed it. I didn't think a reverse engineer should be as 'efficient' as the original Ancients design. Also I wanted the station to act as a defense and commercial hub for Delta Serpentis and Sol

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Those two missions where you have to first attack it, then blockade it just got monumental.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Luis Dias

JFC what the heeeeeeeeelllllll

does the engine even accepts that without double precision? :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well I've had to lower my resolution for it, but it works fine yeah. I only get 12 fps at 1920*1080 but 60fps at 1680*1050, which is what I use for most other games. It's nearly 102k polygons for the entire lod0 including the turrets.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's similar in size to the original version so arround 22.5km wide.

Offline Luis Dias

Wat. The Diablo itself is 10km. How can the station be only 22? I wasn't guessing the hole's size, I was guessing the station's.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Diablo is 4.1km
The station is just short of 4 Colossus in length, or 6 Diablos

Offline CT27

That looks amazing.

How many people does it take to crew/work that thing?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
A whole-lot-of-****ing-people ton.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Luis Dias

The Diablo is 4.1km
The station is just short of 4 Colossus in length, or 6 Diablos

Ah, I see! Thanks. So that means the NuDiablo is way smaller than the original one. Perhaps this has already been discussed, which is extremely probable, my memory leaks are getting ridiculously larger and larger by the day.