Author Topic: RELEASE: SHMUPSpace Battle of Deneb Demo 1.2  (Read 28455 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: RELEASE: SHMUPSpace Battle of Deneb Demo
Music is generic as all hell, though. Hope they update the soundtrack prior to release.
I'm most sure you will be pleased to hear that the release will feature the option to have an orchestral-dubstep fusion soundtrack with lyrics provided by vocaloids, entirely played in reverse. Surely that will be unique enough for your taste.

Then again, I find little to nothing wrong with generic BGM tracks most of the time, as long as they're not bad.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
I'm most sure you will be pleased to hear that the release will feature the option to have an orchestral-dubstep fusion soundtrack with lyrics provided by vocaloids, entirely played in reverse. Surely that will be unique enough for your taste.

Oh right. I also heard there will be a third soundtrack option to add yet another unique flavor to the game...

Salsa music.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
he's a madman!  :shaking:
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Music is generic as all hell, though. Hope they update the soundtrack prior to release.

Then again, I find little to nothing wrong with generic BGM tracks most of the time, as long as they're not bad.

The sarcasm, it bites. :rolleyes:

The music certainly isn't bad... it's just not good either. Kind of thing you forget about as soon as the level's over.

But if the gameplay is good, I'll probably not worry about it overly much. Gameplay first, bells and whistles (or orchestral vocaloids as the case apparently may be) second.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!

Offline iVoid

Well, there's this really cool shmup right now in development that I happen to so really like. [/shameless plug]
I love how ambitious the game is with the graphics and it seems pretty promising but I don't like how some of the weapons seem more like something an humanoid would use rather than something to outfit a ship... A revolver on a ship...? humph
It's really great to see there are still some cool shooters in development. Anyway, it hasn't come out yet so I guess so far SHMUPSpace still keeps the throne in the graphics department :)

That one is pretty cool also :)

LOVE IT! Long range weapons mixed with close range plasma blades? AWESOME!

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
More games should have soundtracks like this one's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la9mcb5om8U&feature=player_detailpage#t=206s

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
The only reason this isn't on fsmods yet is I want to make sure there aren't any changes coming up soon.

Are there?
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Droid803

I think Andrew's still looking into a way to fix that collide -> slide uncontrollably to your death thing.
(´・ω・`)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
Indeed, that's what's been up. I also want to add some new things before I release an update.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
you most make update.
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
About 16:9 resolutions: http://pacoup.com/2011/06/12/list-of-true-169-resolutions/ If you're too lazy to do the math. Playing without a true widescreen monitor is best in "letterbox mode" if you're on a 4:3 (in your video card settings).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
What does it mean when my "space bullets" pass through everything??
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
So, due to a certain thread being posted somewhere, I got guilt tripped enough to actually do some more work on this mod today. Here's a cumulative update video of what's changed. ShadowWolf was really cool to make a skybox for this mod too!
My Efforts:
SF Knight

Offline Valathil

• ...And I would have had a custom title if it wasn't for you meddling kids!
  • Custom Title? Wizards need no Custom Title!
You're getting better at dodging
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃
┃┃┏┫┃┏┳━━┓┏━━┓┃┗━┳━━┳━━┳━━┓
┃┃┣┫┗┛┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┏┓┃┏┓┃━━┫━━┫
┃┗┫┃┏┓┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┗┛┃┗┛┣━━┣━━┃
┗━┻┻┛┗┻━━┛┗┛┗┛┗━━┻━━┻━━┻━━┛

Offline Droid803

I just hope that BUMP physics us fixed :p
(´・ω・`)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
RELEASE: SHMUPSpace Battle of Deneb Demo 1.2
 :bump:

Update! Version 1.2 Changes:

• Gameplay
    • You are now a one hit point wonder. One hit you're dead. Kaboom. Disappear. Wooooosh. Goodbye. EXCEPTIONS:
      • Splash Damage from missiles
      • Beams
    • As a result of the above, you are also more powerful. Powering up makes more a noticeable difference. Except at unpowered, where the player gets a small damage nerf.
    • Significantly reduced the health of "popcorn" enemies. Lokis and Watchdogs should not be able to be one shotted even at unpowered levels. Alasters two, Hercs three.
    • Buffed damage of the Rockeye to 100 damage and Tempest to 150 damage
    • Lower difficulty levels reduce the firerate of enemies much more greatly (4.0,2.5,2.0,1.5,1.0)
    • Base fire rate of lighter enemy weapons increased slightly
    • Reduced difficulty of Big Core Rev 1.2 fight by increasing base fire rate for both the ion rings and the spread shots
  • Other Changes
    • All 16:9 based screen resolutions are now supported.
    • To let its spirit live on, I'm using the This badass soundtrack instead of what was used for 1.0 and 1.1. Farewell LIVER USUALIS, you had your time. :p
    • You no longer need mr ShmupKing. Controlconfigdefaults.tbl has been implemented will autoassign the proper keys when you create a pilot.

To do for 1.3:
  • Remove Big Core Rev 1.2. It's cool and all, but I need to make room for a very very special corvette that has some surrendering to do *hinthintwinkwink*.
  • Rework Stage 1 entirely. It really doesn't work out all that well since ALPHA ONE is a one hitpoint wonder, this could become way too hard for a first level. While I did do some rebalancing, I feel that I just want to redo the level anyway to add some more new features regarding levels
  • Add a scoring system
  • Finalize what I want for the levels

Go get it boy 1.2 baby123!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:33:07 am by AndrewofDoom »
My Efforts:
SF Knight

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: RELEASE: SHMUPSpace Battle of Deneb Demo 1.2
Awesome
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I mentioned this on IRC, but I'll expand on what I meant here.

I find this version of SHMUP entirely unplayable due to one simple change. One hit death. No, thank you. I enjoy SHMUP, but I'm not insanely good at them. In fact, I'm mediocre at best. But yes, I do enjoy playing them. I really loved the idea of an FS themed SHMUP and the first version was quite a bit of fun! I played it several times. But this version? I get 3/4 into the level and... for a moment... don't play exactly perfectly... boom. Game over. Dead. The end. Start over. No thank you.

One hit death is a good insane mode setting, but for those of us who like SHMUP but suck at it, it just asks us to go play something else.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Why did I not play this before?! This is awesome! There was a bit of confusion about controls at the beginning because I didn't RTFT but once I got into it, it's insanely fun! Takes me back to the days of sneaking an old shmup into school on a flash drive...

I do agree wholeheartedly with mjn.mixael- the one-hit kills get a bit annoying when you're near the end of the mission. Glad to see that's being changed up a bit.

I really like the way you use capships both as scenery and enemies. Just curious: is it possible to kill the Aeolus and/or Deimoses entirely? I was trying but either died or had to deal with other enemies on the screen.