Author Topic: Foxdie's Fan Art  (Read 12068 times)

Hello guys, excelent work, hasnt stop playing it since it came out.
Whoever, since i've seen so much people complaining about the lack of character driven story etc, i've decided to
give you guys my version of some of the characters starting with theseus CAG. Hope you guys like it.
And keep up the good work :)

(Done in Corel Painter and Photoshop... about 12 hours)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 05:04:24 am by foxdie49 »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Awesome pic. One request: Using post attachments is a bad idea, as those will be deleted semi-regularly. It's better if you upload the pics to a dedicated hosting site like photobucket or imageshack and link those, that way, they'll stay up longer.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

thanks, does devianart work?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That's some really nice work there Foxdie. I know that's how I'm going to picture Harridan from now on. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline CooperHawkes

• NippleNeck (at least i got something to play with)
yes great work and it fits our Harridan very well.
take me out to the black,
tell 'em i ain't coming back,
i don't care, i'm still free,
you can't take the sky from me

jejeje Thanks mate, tomorrow i'll start with Flask and Crispy :P

well... More like in a couple of hours, since here in Venezuela is all ready 4 am :S

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
That's actually pretty good. Great work.

Offline newman

That is excellent work. She reminds me a bit of Kendra Shaw. And that is always a good thing :) One question though: what the hell are you doing outside the team? We could use such talent for concept art, hell maybe even cutscenes / skyboxes / etc. If you're interested in joining up send me a PM and we'll take it from there.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Actually, one of the team also had a suggestion. The pilot images are all 160x120 images and we had to use pics from the show because we didn't have an artist to make pilot images. If Foxdie is interested, he could replace those as his prospectives task.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

So awesome! I would love to see more stuff like this in-game, whether it's cutscenes or menu art. This seriously deserves its own thread though, foxdie.

Edit: One minor complaint. Shouldn't a CAG be a Captain or a Major, instead of an Ensign? http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Military_Ranks_(RDM)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:20:55 am by Dirt McStain »

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Actually, one of the team also had a suggestion. The pilot images are all 160x120 images and we had to use pics from the show because we didn't have an artist to make pilot images. If Foxdie is interested, he could replace those as his prospectives task.

Would you be willing to do pilot images for the R1 characters? (So Harridan in a helmet in a cockpit, Obit, Shadow, Turbo, Hammer in a Raptor etc.)

We'd include them in an upcoming patch.

He's right in that her rank is Major.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline newman

That is an excellent idea. Our vortex of evil is getting better at sucking innocent victims in. This fits well into my plans.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Jajajaja great to be one of your victims guys. Well i'm gonna try to work as fast as i can, if you guys can help me out with the little details (like the rank issue for example) it'll be great. As well, if you guys want something specific for some charecter or anything else just send me a PM to keep in mind your request. I'm Working on a concept for "shadow" right now. If you guys aprove each character's studies then i can begin to make those 160x120 pilot images that you need. By your command. :)

Thanks for the feedback people, i'm glad you like it.

WJ.

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
keep it up foxdie!
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Karanath

• So say we all
Guys, I want to thank you for the great work you've done making this game.
And special thanks to FoxDie49... Man, you've done a GREAT JOB! It would be excellent to expand the art work of the game. I hope the team of Diaspora knows how to use your abilities.

Thanks for that CAG! great work.

---
Is multiplayer available? Thanks!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
If Foxdie plans on creating further character image profiles, it might be a good idea to split the relevant posts and replies into a new thread dedicated to this and his further work... perhaps even a Fan Art subforum.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

If Foxdie plans on creating further character image profiles, it might be a good idea to split the relevant posts and replies into a new thread dedicated to this and his further work... perhaps even a Fan Art subforum.
You can't get a Fan Art subforum.  Wings of Dawn doesn't have one yet!  The fact that so far we have nobody willing to make WoD fanart is completely irrelevant to this discussion. :P
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

When I did the VA for Orphan, I got a pretty good character bio from the team. While it did little to describe the character physically (most pilots were means to be open to either gender), it did give me a good sense of the pilot's personality.  It may help if foxdie had access to those.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 07:36:39 pm by Dirt McStain »