Author Topic: The Strike (HD) - YouTube  (Read 6424 times)

Offline Echelon9

Re: The Strike (HD) - YouTube
That's a really nice playthrough.

Patch 1.0.2 is up and should fix most, if not all, the crashes for players.

Offline Brennus

• Urban Legend
Allow me to clarify.  The video represents an un-patched Diaspora.  I've recently installed v1.0.2 in an attempt to rectify the M6 CTD, which was unsuccessful.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"

Offline Apoc

Amazing, gives me the feeling I'm watching the series again!

Offline Fawz

Great video! Really makes me want to give freetrack a try or try implementing the oculus.

...You can't tell by watchin', but I'm also usin' a CH HOTAS (stick, throttle, pedals), all of which I just can't recommend enough. ...

I was wondering something. I have a comparatively old Saitek Evo joystick that I recently tried using for Diaspora, but I just couldn't feel comfortable with it and I grudgingly admitted to myself that I prefer using a PS3 controller. The prime reason for this is that I tend to overcompensate/am not accurate enough when it comes to the smaller movements of the final zeroing in on enemies.

So, I guess my joystick just isn't sensitive enough near the center/idle position? Does anyone have any recommendations? Sorry for the slight derail.

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
Try minimizing your deadzone and maximizing sensitivity in the F2 Options Menu.

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
i have the saitek x65 f,whit force-sensing technology...
After this i cannot go back...so,i think there are better Hotas systems than a joypad, and better than the EVO stick (CH products are great too)
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I bet that cost you a pretty penny.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
well yes....is the only decent stick i bought in my life...a suggestion i can give to you all is to wait, and spend your money only in high quality products...

I waited  1 year for this stick...but it's worth every single cent :)
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
Does the X-65 play well with something as fast paced as Freespace? I would think the force sensing stick would better lend itself to flight sims where movements are much more deliberate and calculated. I might consider one if that's not the case.

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
i can assure you that it works great....plus it have a lot of sensing settings...fully customizable.

I spent a bit of time to set it, acheiveng the correct ''feeling''...but i tried to use one ''normal'' stick after that,and i can say there's no way to come back. IMHO

EDIT: i'm not a saitek endorser! :P