Author Topic: Commanding a Battlestar  (Read 6211 times)

Offline newman

Re: Commanding a Battlestar
Much better, thanks :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Ah, well the original concept was a small corvette/sloop class ship that would have carried a pair of Raptors.  Since its peacetime duties also involved customs, anti piracy and SAR it would have had the umph to gitty up and go.

Sounds like the in game version won't be chasing down any Fireflies anytime soon.

All of the civilian ships in Diaspora also move rather slowly, so the Bolitho can play chase with them pretty well despite having low acceleration.

Now a Firefly's behavior though... it'd probably need the Raptors to catch it.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

I know that this is getting further and further off-topic but I was wondering the feasibility and playability of flying one of the smaller transport ships, like the Mk. I or Mk. II. Given that they would need a cockpit, would flying one of those things make for a good mission? What is their acceleration and maneuverability? It would be interesting to see the Fall from a civilian perspective.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
They don't need cockpits to fly. And it'd all be in the mission design. You can script a number of interesting abilities for a ship - even short range FTL jumping to another point in the mission if you're so inclined.