Author Topic: Shiny new HUD files and other goodies!  (Read 5169 times)

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Shiny new HUD files and other goodies!
Alright, so in the past few days I helped modify my old hud patch for people running triple-monitor setups so it would work on tri-1600p. After that I became very very bored, and decided to continue on my work.

Instead of just a basic fix for the single player campaign's ships, I have added both WideScreen and Eyefinity aspects to all Cylon ships. Fullscreen aspects do not have a minimum or maximum resolution. However, both WideScreen and Eyefinity do. This is so the game can chose the correct HUD based on resolution.

FullScreen:
 - Base: 1024x768

WideScreen:
 - Min: 1280x720
 - Base: 1600x900
 - Max: 2560x1600

Eyefinity:
 - Min: 3840x720
 - Base: 4800x900
 - Max: 7680x1600

I also took the time to clean up the HUD file, which was basicly just me being OCD about everything not lining up. Everything now lines up on column 41.

The new HUD file can be downloaded here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/22cg6i5l52w5k5o/Hud_Gauges.tbl

Screenshots of the new WideScreen and Eyefinity Cylon HUDs:

And a screenshot of the Eyefinity Viper HUD:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I was working on the HUD, it occured to me that looking at Over 9000! (9759 to be exact) lines of tables was just annoying and a pain to read. So I took the time to make a NotePad++ UDL specifically for HUD TBL files. The UDL includes collapsible units at the per-ship HUD level and the Gauge level, as well as highlighting for all current Flags and Gauge types, as well as their settings. They will only highlight if spelt exactly correct, so it works as a spell checker too.

The UDL can be downloaded here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x3zh5mgdsd4m8io/FSO+HUD+Tables.xml

Since I made the UDL before completing the HUD file, this new TBL is already pre-formatted to work fully with the UDL. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ace: Sorry it took me over a year since I said I'd try it to actually get it done, but here's those new Cylon HUDs you asked for.  :D  Best part is? I spent 2 hours on the UDL, 4 hours formatting the TBL, 30 minutes getting multi working, and only 90 minutes to do all of the Cylon HUDs. Hah.

Karajorma: I know you're going to ask, so;

"I give Diaspora full permission to use the reworked HUD table should the Diaspora team decide to include it in the project." -KyadCK

EDIT: I have finished a Ships TBL UDL as well and am in the process of converting the file. See Post 4 for more info.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:32:26 am by KyadCK »
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Could be very useful for those fellows doing the Viper simulator
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Excellent work :yes:
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Shiny new HUD files and other goodies!
Got bored again and decided to take it a step further. I have created a Ships TBL UDL as well, the link can be found here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6b63pcpuict6dc2/FSO+Ship+Tables.xml

I am still in the process of converting the Ships.tbl to be compatable, but here's a preview:

I don't know when I'll be done, it's a pretty big file, but I'll link it when I am.

Also, go a little over the top on those thrusters and subsystems guys? Just a little bit? I can scroll for days and get lost in there.  :p

How do I install the hud?

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
How do I install the hud?

Put it in the Diaspora\Data\Tables folder.

OK seriously, can either you or the Diaspora team please come up with even an alternative Cylon HUD that isn't dull red on dull red.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
OK seriously, can either you or the Diaspora team please come up with even an alternative Cylon HUD that isn't dull red on dull red.

Can I? Yes. Easily.

Will I? Not as an official HUD, no. It is not my place to do so.

Will I tell you how to "fix" it? Sure!

Under each HUD in the TBL, there's a flag called "$Color". For the Cylons, the color is set to ( 255,40,60 ). That would be this:

I'm going to change that to Neon Green for a minute ( 39, 255, 20 ):

Better? Any changes to the transparency of the HUD itself requires changes to the actual HUD elements, but this will at least make it visible. :)

Offline Flygit

This hud table is great for a multimonitor user but there's a bug in it. Viper VIIe target monitor is on left screen.

Changed target monitor position at line 3851 to "1650, 752".

Updated file: https://app.box.com/s/2m8ac3v44cq2yf9fej7r