Author Topic: game suddenly wont launch in 4k resolution  (Read 3512 times)

game suddenly wont launch in 4k resolution
game suddenly wont launch in 4k - launches in 1024x768 no matter what settings i pick in the wx launcher

any assistance?

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Re: game suddenly wont launch in 4k resolution
game suddenly wont launch in 4k - launches in 1024x768 no matter what settings i pick in the wx launcher

any assistance?
Are you using FSO 3.8.0? Are you using wxLauncher 0.12-rc.2? Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

any assistance?
Are you using FSO 3.8.0? Are you using wxLauncher 0.12-rc.2? Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

i used diaspora installer which is fs2_open_diasporar1

cannot get the log file -advanced options states "the executable did not generate a flag file."

using wxlauncher

also this occurred after i installed fs2open on my staem installation -= i installed diaspora first then installed fs2

but it was in a completely separate folder

anyone else with thoughts

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Can you screenshot & post your wxLauncher tab where you selected the FSO exec?

If the it says "the executable did not generate a flag file" then generally the FSO exec can't run for whatever reason. IIRC certain anti virus programs have been known to do this. Or potentially you've selected the wrong build to run (? probably unlikely, but may as well check everything)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...