Author Topic: Post a link to your mod's install txtfile here!  (Read 12832 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Post a link to your mod's install txtfile here!
Well, I thought so... but I skimmed the Installer thread and couldn't find evidence of the fact.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
It seems that the installer can generate the hashes for you:

Most users will simply run the jar directly, but there are a few command-line options available for power users:

• Set the maximum number of parallel downloads using the option -DmaxParallelDownloads=X, where X is any number >= 1.  Example: java -DmaxParallelDownloads=2 -jar FreeSpaceOpenInstaller.jar.
  • Set the connection timeout using the option -DconnectionTimeout=Y, where Y is a number of milliseconds >= 0.  Setting to 0 indicates an infinite timeout.  Example: java -DconnectionTimeout=30000 -jar FreeSpaceOpenInstaller.jar.
  • Validate an existing install txt file using the option validate.  Example: java -jar FreeSpaceOpenInstaller.jar validate [file].  If you omit the file on the command line, the Installer will prompt you for it using a standard GUI file dialog.
  • Compute a MD5, SHA-1, or SHA-256 hash of any file using the option hash.  Example: java -jar FreeSpaceOpenInstaller.jar hash [algorithm] [file].  If you omit the file on the command line, the Installer will prompt you for it using a standard GUI file dialog.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
For Windows and Mac OS X:

HashTab

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, as niffiwan discovered, the hashing instructions are in the second post of the FSO Installer thread.  I didn't add them to the first post because I wanted to keep it concise.

Late to the party... but here's a file for both chapters of Ancient-Shivan War: http://www.sectorgame.com/ASW/Downloads/asw-install.txt
Hope it works :nervous:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Late to the party... but here's a file for both chapters of Ancient-Shivan War: http://www.sectorgame.com/ASW/Downloads/asw-install.txt
Hope it works :nervous:

Added.  It parses and shows up in the Installer just fine.  You should test it to make sure it installs as you expect. :)

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
So excited!  ASW is one of my favorite mods. I would totally test it if I hadn't manually installed it already.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I selected Act I, hi res maps, animated glowmaps, and Act II all at once.

http://imgur.com/Y90RmFo

But then I get a dialog box that says "The following mods have dependencies on other mods that are not currently available for download.  You will probably not be able to play these mods until the dependencies become available:

Ancient-Shivan War: Act II

Please select an option below:

http://imgur.com/YvSgANJ

Not sure if this is normal or not; I have not seen this before.  When I went ahead with the installation it seemed to work fine, and I see both in my launcher.

http://imgur.com/ljFdYKK

(Sorry I don't know how to embed images!  Hope the links are helpful.)

Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Looks like this is because the dependency string is "Ancient-Shivan War: Act I, version 3.6.14" rather than "Ancient-Shivan War: Act I".

Oops :nervous: Should be fixed now!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Does the Installer have an option to parse a custom local file for dev purposes?
So they can test before submitting.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It does.  But this was not something that could have been caught by the parser, as it is designed to reference any mod whatsoever.  See the relevant section on the wiki.

Offline Satellight

• Star Dreamer
Juste to say that the files "ASW_3612_Animaps.vp", "asw_3614_adv.vp", "asw_3614_interface.vp", "ASW_3614_Intro.vp" and "asw_3614_norm.vp" are downloaded in the FreeSpace 2 root folder and not in the ASW1 subfolder, eventually leading to problems as reported here

Sorry if this was already reported.

Happy new year to everyone  :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 08:36:28 am by Satellight »
Never far away from HLP and from a computer with an installed FreeSpace.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Good catch.  I've removed the ASW from the list of installable mods until they can fix the issue.

Yikes, I should've picked up on that during testing :nervous:

Goober, is there a way to fix this using just the config file? Can I move a file after it's been downloaded and unzipped? (Trying to avoid re-zipping and re-uploading the downloads)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You know, there's this little tag called FOLDER... :p

Yeah I saw that, but I wasn't sure if that can specify different folders for different files? In this case, only the core download has the mod folder in the zip, but the add-ons are just zipped VPs.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Oh.  Well, all the files specified under one mod node (starting with NAME) share a common folder -- but different mod nodes can each have their own particular folders.  So if by "add-ons" you mean the child mod entries in the mod tree, then yes, you can specify different folders for them.  As long as there is one FOLDER per NAME.

Ok, ASW should be fixed now. Fingers crossed... Would it be feasible to add an option to pass a local txtfile to the installer and test the full installation process?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Added ASW back to the list.

Yeah, I think I can add the capability to the installer to do that.  Will need a day or so.