Author Topic: Homesick Trouble  (Read 1125 times)

I recently got around to playing the Homesick campaign, but in the first nebula mission, while being pursued by Vasudans, the Custodian goes to the end of its waypoint path...then nothing further happens.  No Vasudans, no pirates...nothing, even if I use the time compression to go up an hour or two.

Has this happened to anyone else?  I'd really love to finish the campaign...

Offline ionia23

• "YES, I did finally see 'The Matrix' 12 years late
I know this is a very VERY late reply, and not at all helpful.  I have encountered the same issue.

At present I'm running the 3.7.2 RC3 No SSE build with the MediaVP2014 package.
Everything works so far with no problems except the mission you just described.
The actual mission file is hmsk-b2.fs2

I'm no Fredder by any stretch.  The event which is supposed to be triggered when the Custodian reaches a certain distance from the portal doesn't happen.

:banghead:
"Why does it want me to say my name?"

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Sorry, that no one responded to the original post.  I will take a look at the mission.

EDIT: Got through it just fine in the mission simulator.

EDIT2:  The mission logic is sound and really simple.  It's just a series of arrivals, departures, and messages.  I don't see a reason for the mission to fail, except that it's a Red-Alert.  This could be a red-alert bug of some sort.  Although I don't know how.

Does the Alexandria blow up?  Does the Custodian send out a message telling you to jump out and meet it at coordiates?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 12:00:01 pm by Cyborg17 »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
There was a bug fixed recently that could be causing this. It affected red-alert missions where some of the red-alert craft were not present at mission start.

e.g. GVCv Khufu; GVC Keops; PC Trotsky (etc, etc)

Try replaying the mission in 3.7.2 RC4
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...