Author Topic: Planned Parenthood shooting  (Read 16434 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Planned Parenthood shooting
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/28/us/colorado-planned-parenthood-shooting/

Been a while since we'd had some good'ole home grown Christian terrorism, was beginning to get bored with the Islamic variety.

Colorado shooting suspect said 'no more baby parts'.
We had a long drawn out thread about that.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:24:07 pm by Bobboau »
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Veers

Re: Planned Parenthood shooting
I'll bite, I can't see in the above links where it says "Christian". Only suspected motives, and the investigators
though NBC reported that sources said investigators still did not know for certain what motivated the gunman.

While I would probably agree that there could be a strong cause for religious motives against an abortion clinic, it doesn't appear confirmed in this case from what else I've seen.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Yeah, hypothetically it's possible, but I have a funny feeling he's (ironically) "pro-life". It's extremely rare to not have a religious basis for that position, and I have a funny feeling he's not a Jain. I'm willing to go out on a limb and publicly connect the dots at the risk of being caught publicly wrong.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I'd be very surprised if this wasn't religiously motivated. This shows a ridiculous lack of logic that is typical of religious fanatics. How exactly is killing people "pro-life"? The mind boggles...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The thing that really gets me here is we seem to have found the one police department and the one SWAT unit in North America outside of maybe ESU or LAPD SWAT who take their job seriously, who are like "do it right or don't do it at all". None of this warrior cop assault resolution ****; if you have to shoot the suspect that is technically a failure. So they spend an hour talking him down, after he's shot five other cops and nobody would have batted an eyelash if they had opted for an assault resolution.

Colorado Springs PD SWAT: apparently the people who do not run around shooting the neighbor's dogs during drug raids and other stupid shenanigans.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
"Find the perfect moment to take out the gunman with a burst of well-placed shots. But take no chances of hitting one of his hostages by mistake." was among the things said captured off police scanners, so it looks like they were looking for an opportunity to take him out and it never presented it's self[1]. Looking through the dialog yeah, they were real pros about it. It really is amazing and testament to these guys' skill that only 3 people were killed.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Yeah. Considering the previous experiences with terrorists and psychos, this was the best they could do. It was lucky that they captured him alive, but it's no wonder they considered taking him down to prevent further causalities.

Offline est1895

As for using the term "Christian," if this man was moved to take lives, it is not what Jesus taught us.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Been a while since we'd had some good'ole home grown Christian terrorism, was beginning to get bored with the Islamic variety.

http://economicsandpeace.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Global-Terrorism-Index-2015.pdf

Islamic fundamentalism was not the main cause of terrorism in the West over the last nine years. Eighty percent of deaths by lone wolf terrorists in the West were driven by right wing extremism, nationalism, antigovernment sentiment and political extremism and other forms of supremacy.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

That sneaky little 'lone wolf' part is a pretty massive swindle.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Still, it's Islamic terrorism that gets all the press. I think Bobbeau was referring to that, not to actual frequency of attacks. Also, Islamic terrorists are rarely "lone wolves" these days, they have a choice of organizations to work for.
As for using the term "Christian," if this man was moved to take lives, it is not what Jesus taught us.
In the same vein, we shouldn't be using the term "Muslim", because the same applies. It's not what... Jesus (Isa) taught them. Yes, they do consider him an important figure, nearly as important as Mohammad. Who didn't exactly endorse that sort of thing, either. Not that it ever stopped anyone from killing "in the name of God". Though to their credit, God from Old Testament was actually pretty OK with slaughtering innocents (that is to say, he once demanded that they be killed to a man and got angry when someone got merciful and spared some), as long as they were infidels. It was Jesus who came up with this "love and forgiveness" thing. Ironically, Jewish terrorists are pretty rare (unless you want to get snarky and count Israel, but that's a discussion for another thread...), despite orthodox Judaism not being influenced by either prophet. Generally, religious terrorists rarely let actual teachings of their religion get in their way.

Offline est1895

Still, it's Islamic terrorism that gets all the press. I think Bobbeau was referring to that, not to actual frequency of attacks. Also, Islamic terrorists are rarely "lone wolves" these days, they have a choice of organizations to work for.
In the same vein, we shouldn't be using the term "Muslim", because the same applies. It's not what... Jesus (Isa) taught them. Yes, they do consider him an important figure, nearly as important as Mohammad. Who didn't exactly endorse that sort of thing, either. Not that it ever stopped anyone from killing "in the name of God". Though to their credit, God from Old Testament was actually pretty OK with slaughtering innocents (that is to say, he once demanded that they be killed to a man and got angry when someone got merciful and spared some), as long as they were infidels. It was Jesus who came up with this "love and forgiveness" thing. Ironically, Jewish terrorists are pretty rare (unless you want to get snarky and count Israel, but that's a discussion for another thread...), despite orthodox Judaism not being influenced by either prophet. Generally, religious terrorists rarely let actual teachings of their religion get in their way.

Jesus did not come up with "love and forgiveness," he said only what his Father said.  The Muslims do see Jesus as "Isa", but if you look at the Koran, Jesus is mentioned more time there than Mohammed is.

Here is a video saying that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJr8tcqvuMg

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
it's Islamic terrorism that gets all the press. I think Bobbeau was referring to that
more or less

In the same vein, we shouldn't be using the term "Muslim"...

vvvvvv
Though to their credit, God from Old Testament was actually pretty OK with slaughtering innocents (that is to say, he once demanded that they be killed to a man and got angry when someone got merciful and spared some), as long as they were infidels.
^^^^^

Jesus did not come to bring peace but a sword, all the old testament stuff is still more or less valid, just because you choose not to follow the word of the LORD because it's politically inconvenient to slaughter wholesale large segments of the domestic population doesn't mean you're not a heretic. The best Christians are the worst Christians, in the same vein the best Muslims are the worst Muslims. The more you use your own sense of morality to pick and choose from either of these religions the better a person you are, the more you follow all of it the more ISIS-like you become. Both have some of the same basic core problems in that they devalue life for afterlife, they establish legitimacy for autocracy training people to submit to authority, and kill any possibility of learning by establishing faith as a virtue.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 07:36:02 pm by Bobboau »
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline est1895

Jesus said at one time: "I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."
 Many have misunderstood these words. What do they mean?

Jesus and the Sword

There are many verses from which it is clear that Jesus mission and message was peace, and was to be spread peacefully only. His commands are in no way ambiguous:

Matthew 26:
52  "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him,
     "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword."

Luke 9:
51  As the time approached for him to be taken up to heaven,
    Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem.
52  And he sent messengers on ahead, who went into a Samaritan
    village to get things ready for him;
53  but the people there did not welcome him, because he was
    heading for Jerusalem.
54  When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked,
    "Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to
    destroy them?"
55  But Jesus turned and rebuked them,
56  and they went to another village.

[Shortly thereafter, he sends out a larger group of disciples to
preach the gospel, and gives among others, these instructions.]

Luke 10:
1  After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them
   two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was
   about to go.
2  He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.
   Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into
   his harvest field.
3  Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves."

5  "When you enter a house, first say, `Peace to this house.'
6  If a man of peace is there, your peace will rest on him;
   if not, it will return to you."

10  But when you enter a town and are not welcomed,
    go into its streets and say,
11  `Even the dust of your town that sticks to our feet we wipe off
    against you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God is near.'

It is clear from these passages (and there are more) that Christians are not allowed to use force to spread the message of the Gospel. We are to make clear that it is very serious to reject the message of God, but if we are not welcomed, then we should move on to those who are willing to listen.

How then are we to understand Jesus' words in Matthew 10:45?

I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Let us read these words in their context. Interestingly, this is again a passage where Jesus calls disciples and sends them out to preach the Gospel.

Matthew 10:
 1  He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority
    to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
 2  These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is
    called Peter) and his brother Andrew; ...

5  These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: ...

16  "I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as
    shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.
17  Be on your guard against men; they will hand you over to the
    local councils and flog you in their synagogues.
18  On my account you will be brought before governors and kings
    as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles.
19  But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or
    how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say,
20  for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father
    speaking through you.
21  Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child;
    children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death.
22  All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the
    end will be saved.

28  Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.   
    Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

34  Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth.
    I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35  For I have come to turn `a man against his father, a daughter
    against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law -
36  a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37  Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me
    is not worthy of me;
    anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me
    is not worthy of me;
38  and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me
    is not worthy of me.
39  Whoever finds his life will lose it,
    and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

The first important observation is to recognize that Jesus does not speak about "the sword", but about "a sword". Jesus is not a prophet of the sword. The sword of violence, force and war has no place in his message. What kind of sword is he talking about?

The above passage speaks about the consequence of being obedient to the command of Jesus that we are to preach his message. Some will listen and accept it but many will reject it and react violently.

We will be hated for the message of repentance that we have to bring. We will be hated because we call people from evil to light and because this message exposes their evil deeds.

For many it will mean that even our own family will turn against us.

What kind of sword? It is the sword of division that God's word brings. It is the division of truth from error, and the reaction of the darkness against the light. The sword that Jesus brings, is the sword that his followers have to suffer, a sword that is applied to them, not a sword that they wield against others.

And exactly that happens in many countries. The fellowship of believers, while full of peace, incurs the wrath of the nonbelievers. Christians are gathering peacefully, yet are persecuted.

It is a horrible and sad reality, that in history not all who called themselves Christians were obedient to Jesus' commands and much violence and persecution in the name of Christianity has been committed. We know this, we are grieved by it, and we repent of it. But it is not the authentic teaching of Jesus Christ.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
oh, so the "I came to bring a sword" line was about how nothing in this world is more important then the afterlife and you must be blindly obedient to his authority in the face of all reason or evidence to the contrary? gee that completely invalidates my pointohwaitnoitdoesnt!
maybe next time you should try and read more than the first line of my post before googling a premade apologetic to try and refute me. Maybe if Jesus hadn't taught to sacrifice everything on the alter of obedience to gain the ultimate reward and in his other two forms hadn't been a bloodthirsty genocidal monster his followers wouldn't have been so easily sent into war.

checkmate theist
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:05:03 pm by Bobboau »
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline est1895

Bobboau you caught me!  I don't have all the answers, but Jesus does.  I think you like to debate.  Have you heard of the New York jail inmates who beat a Harvard University Students in a debate: http://www.india.com/news/world/new-york-jail-inmates-beat-harvard-university-students-in-debate-competition-611330/

Till we meet again Bobboau

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
yes, I do like arguing on the internet.

I had heard about that debate team. not sure where that came from or what it's about or if you're trying to imply something or what.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I think he's basically saying that you're being a dick again. Nowhere in your original article did it talk about faith or christianity as motivation... just anti-abortion.

But your sentence in your OP with the article link was exactly what you wanted to say. You knew exactly what topic you were starting... just so you can do what you just did. Be a dick.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
all the old testament stuff is still more or less valid

Talkin' theology you ain't qualified for, son. Even I know that. The old covenant was replaced.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story