Author Topic: Prologue Released!  (Read 183716 times)

...I hope you won't take 4 more years though ^^

We sincerly hope it wont take another 4 years for the main campaign. It highly depends on the numbers of active working modellers and mission designers, but by taking our overgrown perfectionism into account, I estimate at least (I repeat, at least)  2 years :( This sounds hard, but I think it's realistic. The amount of work that needs to be done is overwhelming.  But I promise you today, it will be worth the waiting   :nod:

We have learned a lot by building the prologue, and we will certainly benefit from that experience when building the main campaign.
Two more years at least ??? :shaking:

Offline Centrixo

What the hell did you edit?

exe and a few other files, it fuks me about i will make sure it dont happen again, i have said on another thread if it dont work then i will hex edit it.

dont worry about it, i edited nothing that will give me an advantage, i only changed a line within the exe, and a few lines within 3 other files.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Two more years at least ??? :shaking:
[/quote]

Don't worry. He is having a hard time right now. I think the happiness about the release made him a bit crazy :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
OK, I haven't played any missions yet, but the opening cutscene tells me this is gonna be one kickass mod! :D

But I got a strange video error here. I got it on the loading screen too, but I thought that was part of it. The strips of menu there are blinking from black to menu and back again rapidly. Kind of distracting, really. But other than that, the cutscene was extremely well done. I had no idea HLP had talent like this. :eek:

[attachment deleted by admin]
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
... made him a bit crazy :)

Actually that's a normal condition for me :)

Of course the release will be in Sommer 2669 :D
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
But I got a strange video error here. I got it on the loading screen too, but I thought that was part of it. The strips of menu there are blinking from black to menu and back again rapidly. Kind of distracting, really.

This belongs into SCP Mantis :)

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
But I got a strange video error here. I got it on the loading screen too, but I thought that was part of it. The strips of menu there are blinking from black to menu and back again rapidly. Kind of distracting, really.

This belongs into SCP Mantis :)

All right then. :)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

OK, I didn't hang again.

We encounter pirates, I'm told to stay in formation with Major Baws, and I can't even turn to look at him without failing the mission, which seems very, um, restrictive. Maybe it should say "you're already in formation, don't even think about touching your controls."

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
OK, I didn't hang again.
We encounter pirates, I'm told to stay in formation with Major Baws, and I can't even turn to look at him without failing the mission, which seems very, um, restrictive. Maybe it should say "you're already in formation, don't even think about touching your controls."

This shouldn't happen either.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Meh, this happens because you hotspots already rush into combat without even identify the enemies, you just see a boogie on the radar and already want to see blood :)

You need to stay within 400 (or 500 ? ) meters to alpha 1 in order to keep formation. But this will be triggered the same moment he says it, so when you already running against the enemy the mission will fail.

Never forget, you are just a second lieutenant and a rookie, so listen to your orders and just like in WingCommander, do not "break and attack" if you aren't ordered to :D
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Well i've got a problem: when i try to run the prologue, i get the mesagge:

Error: Strings.tbl is corrupt
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Localization\localize.cpp
Line: 612
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------

[ok breaks to  debugger]

after ok i get this:

Error: strings.tbl(line 6192:
Error: Expecting int, found [].

File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 659
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:

and it keeps appearing untill I press cancel. now I DON"T HAVE ANY J: DRIVE and i don't understand a word of it.
I've already tried reinstalling

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
it might be related to the wrongly set language version. At least the error message refers to the localization table.

-WC Saga's beta tester

You mean it can have anything to do with Polish freespace2 installed on my PC?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I believe so :)

The original Freespace supported only English, German and French.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Centrixo

hehe i just rush into suicdal situation and start laying into the enemy, most of the time i make it out, but if im limited somewhere along the line then im done for.

i dont target enemies, for reasons,

1. enemy doesnt know you are on thier tail until its too late.

2. you can learn thier weak points(through watching fighting).

but, in this sort of situation against a frigate and over powered beams with a fast re-fire rate, its not possible.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Uninstalled it (FS2, polish), problem disappeard. Thanks :-)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Uninstalled it (FS2, polish), problem disappeard. Thanks :-)

Glad I could help.

but, in this sort of situation against a frigate and over powered beams with a fast re-fire rate, its not possible.

I believe you are refering to the AA fire :) Why don't you use your torpedo?

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I know that its not easy to take out capships but they aren't ment to be easy targets. Get rid of some turrets first if you have to big problems with them. In a Thunderbold you can evade them more or less by changing speed and heading randomly but make sure you still have a torpedolook. Then when you are close enough to be sure that the torpedo will hit fire it. Changing the torpedos target to some subsystems can also make a differance when you aproach from a specific angle...depends on the ship.

Still there are some ways to get through the AA from laser turrets. Their refirerate and strength is just as it should be.
Also don't forget that you can equalise your shields or just put all power to the front shields. That also helps a lot.
Oposite to FS2 you have to figure out the best way to aproach a capship the best without beeing shoot down...at least that is my impression over FS2 where the defence, except AA turrets and missile turrets, was quite slow and easy to evade.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Why don't you use your torpedo?

I wonder that myself :)  Our capitalships are very strong and you will need a lot of patience to bring them down with normal weapons. Besides, their AA-Fire is very strong (and wont be weaken from us).  This gameplay is very different zu freespace. You have weak fighterhulls, rather weak shields, limited afterburner and weapon energy.

You need to figure out some good tactics, find the weak spots of the capitalship, adjust your energy allocations and then start to make your attack run when you are sure there is no enemy behind you. As for the caernaven-frigate, just do this :

highlight here to read text ==================================

Don't attack her from the front, or her anti-fighter missiles will kill you. Go into a distance of around 2500 meters, select your torpedo and target one of her subsystem middle in the shipbody, the best will be weapons or engine. Then start flying to her, make small evasive maneuvers that will not break the torpedo lock-on. When the torpedo has locked, hit your afterburner and head to the ship. Be sure to approach her from the flank so her chance to shoot down the torpedo are limited.

When you are 500 klicks away, set the torpedo free and immediately change vector, the torpedo explosion is deadly when you are too close.
Then watch her burn :D
==================================

« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 03:58:34 pm by Starman01 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Shade

Keep the source in mind - This is the guy who managed an overwhelming... what... 5? kills with 25.000 rockeyes. Maybe he just needs 4.999 more torpedoes...

Now, for what's important: Awesome work :) Been a long time since I played anything WC related aside from Privateer (which I consider kindof an offshot), and it's great to see some of those ships in action again. And better looking than ever.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 04:08:38 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.