Author Topic: wxLauncher Test Builds [Updated: 2016-09-04]  (Read 67060 times)

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Re: wxLauncher Test Builds [Updated: 2016-09-04]
BTW, does the CI system stop compilation as soon as it encounters an error? I don't understand why it didn't try to compile the other wxL source files.
It depends on compiler building the files.  For linux it bails on the first error.  Visual Studio by default will not and will just build everything anyway.

Also I noticed that the GitHub online version of ReadMe.md leaves out anything I put in angle brackets :banghead: so I'll need to fix that. Maybe I can wrap variables in the ReadMe in curly braces instead? Will need to check if that's compatible with GitHub's markdown, for example, that /Users/{YourUsername}/Library/Frameworks/ will appear with the curly braces intact. Originally I used angle brackets but apparently those don't work.
That will work.  You can alternatively put the entire path in backticks (which will stop markdown from treating the angle brackets as HTML) so that it will also get a fixed width font.  Or you can use the HTML entities
Code: [Select]
< >

I'm not sure what that pull request would look like. Can you explain how to do it?
In bullet form:
I have linked more detailed explanations of the terms.

Could you quote the section with the extra warnings? It's easier than me trying to find it when I'm not familiar with how the log normally looks.
Variations of this:
⚠️  /usr/local/include/wx-3.0/wx/any.h:336:5: expression with side effects will be evaluated despite being used as an operand to 'typeid' [-Wpotentially-evaluated-expression]
    WX_DECLARE_ANY_VALUE_TYPE(wxAnyValueTypeImpl<T>)
    ^
I am not really sure there is much we can do as it all appears to be from wxWidgets anyway.

Not sure the version number is significant if the issue is that the compiler just can't find the include folder. As mentioned above CMakeLists.txt now hardcodes the include path to be ${SDL2_FRAMEWORK}/Headers.

Ideally if we're going to require using SDL2.framework to build wxL on OS X, CMakeLists.txt should check if SDL2_FRAMEWORK (what find_library() finds) actually is a framework and print a fatal error if it is not. Not sure how to do that with CMake or if it's even possible. Basically just means checking that the library found ends in ".framework".
CMake has string compare tools.  The other option is to check if a specific header file exists in the found library.

The third option is to add the binary bits of the framework to the 3rdparty directory of the repository like we have done for windows and use the headers included in the repository.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Since sdl provides the framework we need, couldn't the script download that instead of using homebrew?  Or we include a frameworks archive for wxlauncher like fs2 does?  Not saying that's the best way but it has worked since it is what we link into the bundle anyway.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
That would work as well.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Ok, fork created. Thanks for your help.

I'm adding SDL2.framework.tgz (just a tarball of SDL2.framework from the FSO source tree) to 3rdparty/SDL2-2_0_3/lib/mac/SDL2.framework.tgz

Since the contents of SDL2.framework/Headers don't seem to be identical to the contents of 3rdparty/SDL2-2_0_3/include/ (for one thing, the latter has more files), then should I make a new folder say 3rdparty/SDL2-2_0_3/include_mac with a copy of the contents of SDL2.framework/Headers?

Or actually maybe the directory structure in the wxL repo should be
3rdparty/SDL2-2_0_3/mac/lib/SDL2.framework.tgz
3rdparty/SDL2-2_0_3/mac/include/ # framework's headers would go here

Also, I didn't realize that the Travis CI scripts were in the repo's ci folder. Hmm, I'm really not sure how to modify them to fit the ReadMe, both since I'm not sure how the scripts should work and also my shell scripting is a bit limited/rusty. Perhaps someone can help?

Here's what I need:

- Download wxWidgets 3.0.2 source
https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/releases/download/v3.0.2/wxWidgets-3.0.2.tar.bz2

- Build wxWidgets:
tar -xf wxWidgets-3.0.2.tar.bz2
cd wxWidgets-3.0.2
mkdir build-debug # assuming we're doing debug only build
cd build-debug
../configure --enable-stl --enable-unicode --enable-debug --disable-shared --with-macosx-version-min=10.9 CC=clang CXX=clang++ CXXFLAGS="-stdlib=libc++ -std=c++11" OBJCXXFLAGS="-stdlib=libc++ -std=c++11" LDFLAGS=-stdlib=libc++
make -j4 # or whatever the right number should be for the -j option

- Get Python 3 if not installed, or at least get things working with Python 2, which I couldn't figure out how to do without modifying the scripts (commenting outlines about builtins). Although to be faithful to following the ReadMe.md for OS X, maybe Travis should use Python 3 even if Python 2 can work?

- Get Markdown for Python and install with pip (CI scripts seem to do this for Python 2 if  that setup is already working?)

- Untar the SDL2.framework.tgz in 3rdparty/SDL2-2_0_3/lib/mac/ and copy it to ~/Library/Frameworks/, creating the Frameworks folder if it doesn't already exist

- Get CMake 3 if not installed

- [Don't need OpenAL Soft for Travis CI build I don't think, APple's built in OpenAL should be good enough and it's what FSO uses anyway]

- Clone wxl repo

- Then configure wxL with CMake:
cd wxLauncher # assuming that's the name of the repo
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -G Xcode -DwxWidgets_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE=/path/to/wxWidgets/Build/Folder/wx-config -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/path/to/python3 -DUSE_OPENAL=1 ../

Important points:
= point wxWidgets_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE to point to wherever wxWidgets 3.0.2 was built
= The ReadMe says to manuallly set PYTHON_EXECUTABLE to point to Python 3, since by default CMake finds the pre-installed Python 2, although if using 2 then maybe manually specifying PYTHON_EXECUTABLE isn't necessary.
= Not sure if manually setting USE_OPENAL to 1 is necessary but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Assuming CMake succeeds, build wxL with
xcodebuild -configuration Debug # assuming Debug is what we're building

I think that should be it.

Since OS X doesn't include the wget tool, I think it's possible to download files using the curl command line tool, which does AFAIK come with OS X?

While I'm waiting to get help with the CI scripts, I'll work on updating CMakeLists.txt and the ReadMe.md.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
The fso tree has sdl 2.0.4, but it is identical to the official sdl release, so I always just get it from them directly.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Something I was wondering the other day:  If we are linking against SDL for joystick detection, how did joystick detection work with old SDL builds, in the last official wxLauncher release?  It appears the old bundle included the SDL.framework file, just like we do with FS2.  Makes me surprised this has become so difficult to handle the change to SDL2 then.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I would assume it is a combination of the previous official release of wxL was using SDL 1.4 and the previous release was a year ago

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
After putting the SDL2.framework in my ~/Libraries/Frameworks folder, compiling wxWidgets with the patches from Homebrew, and then using those for the build process, I have a wxLauncher that doesn't seem to have any external dependencies.  But it can't find any FS2 builds in my FS2 folder now.

Screenshot

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Please make a debug build -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug and post the log and a screenshot of the contents of the selected root.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I've already narrowed it down I think.  0.10.x would find builds starting with FS2_ and fs2_ but now the glob seems to be ignoring uppercase builds.  At the moment I only had older builds, nothing matching the newer convention.  Was trying to see if there's an easy way to make the glob case insensitive for Macs, I think that would fix it.  I put a new build that starts with fs2_ in the folder and it shows up now.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Uploaded a wxWidgets for Mac build here.  I applied the patches in the Homebrew wxmac brew formula to fix compilation issues I ran into.  I believe those were related to targeting OS X 10.9.  Applying the patches corrected compilation on Xcode 8.0 and allowed me to finish a set of static libraries with no non-standard OS X dependencies.  This library could be used similarly to the ones m|m has been uploading to bintray for FS2's CMake process.  It could be downloaded and tested now, by simply extracting it and pointing the wx-config argument for wxLauncher to the bin folder within the extracted archive folder, where the wx-config binary lives.  Between being able to use the stock SDL2 framework (which could potentially also be downloaded by CMake automatically or placed in the repository), and this precompiled library, I think we could really simplify the wxLauncher process going forward for OS X developers, as one can now make a wxLauncher build on a new environment without compiling anything but wxLauncher.

I'll also add that python2 worked fine for me.  I didn't need to mess with pip3/python3 to get the necessary compilation dependencies installed.  I don't know if macOS 10.12 (Sierra) will default me to python3 when I upgrade soon though.

I haven't been able to come up with a good solution for the issue of it not finding my older named apps.  I am not sure if the old wxLauncher used a non-unicode wxWidgets, and maybe the unicode version is treating the filespec in a case-sensitive manner now?  If so, a new solution would have to be devised for macs to find either FS2 or fs2, such as looking for both and merging the result set.  This would really mess up the current pattern though.  I'd almost say we could just ask users to rename older mac binaries to lowercase if another solution isn't obvious to anyone.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I still think that a debug log will be helpful.  The code is not case sensitive on any platform.  I checked wxWidgets 3.1 (because I have the mac port of it here) and it makes a point of converting everything to lowercase.

Specifically which FS2 binaries do you have?

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I'll see if I can get one tomorrow.  The 3.7.4 official release for instance, it would not find.  Only a lowercase build I had just made and copied into my FS2 folder.  I had found other people with this issue on their forum but not with this specific function.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
I am able to reproduce chief's issue on my MacBook Pro running El Capitan. "FS2_Open 3.7.4.app" does not appear in the list of builds but "fs2_open 3.7.4.app" does.

I am attending a gaymer convention this weekend and may not have time to debug this until next week.

Please make a debug build -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug and post the log and a screenshot of the contents of the selected root.
I think that on OS X CMake automatically generates multiple build configurations including Debug and Release so specifying CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE should not be necessary rather specifying -configuration Debug when running xcodebuild from the command line.

I'm not sure that using prebuilt wxWidgets libs will work. I don't know how portable wx-config is. wx-config is the command line tool generated as part of the wxWidgets build process that tells CMake where to find the headers/libraries and probably also something about what compiler/linker flags to use. EDIT: I'm also not wild about a set of libs that was built using custom patches; those patches will need to be stored somewhere so that we can rebuild the libraries as we surely would need to do at some point -- and would the patches necessarily work at that point?

I guess that people/CMake could download the SDL2.framework from its official source and put it in ~/Library/Frameworks. If done automatically by CMake it would need to be done before trying to detect SDL2 of course. Since FSO uses a pre-bundled build of SDl2.framework though I don't see why wxL couldn't as well. At least that way we have a version of SDL2 that we know will work.

Yes, building wxL from scratch is a bit of a pain; however,  it isn't particularly difficult and the new instructions are pretty detailed as to what to do. It's not much more than installing a few things and copy/pasting some commands. I'm not convinced that homebrew makes things any easier than just following the wxL ReadMe, especially if custom patches are required for Homebrew (none are required for the wxL ReadMe approach) and as mentioned above I'm not sure that using prebuilt wxWidgets libraries will work.

I don't know why Python 2 now works all of a sudden. I guess I can take a look at it again. My python skills are limited/rusty and I don't think I could update the scripts to work with both 2 and 3.

FWIW the way I build wxWidgets uses wxOSX (Cocoa) rather than wxMac (Carbon IIRC). It's what's detected by default by configure and I think is the more modern wx port for OS X.

wxL releases for OS X have always been Unicode.

Admittedly, with the way I build wxL, for some reason the wxlauncher top menubar now appears to be empty. Personally I do not feel this is worth trying to fix. wxL can be shut down either from clicking on the red X button in the corner or by quitting from the Dock. EDIT 2: That does also mean no About menu option however that wasn't cross-platform anyway and you can still get the version by right clicking on the .app and selecting Get Info.

As for why 0.12.0 on OS X has been so hard, it's a mix of factors
- SDL 1 to SDL 2 (sizable jump)
- wxWidgets 2.8 to 3.0 (big jump)
- CMake 2.8 to CMake 3.6 (another big jump)
- new C++11 requirement resulting from switch to wxWidgets 3
- plus whatever changes have been piled onto the launcher in the last year, including changes to the CMake build setup,
and that OS X support for wxL has been kind of neglected as of late so there was a good bit of catchup just from that. The old wxL build instructions were ancient. Not pointing fingers, mind you, just stating the facts.

Also, repeating what I said before:
Also, just my opinion, but I don't think we should officially support OS X build setups that don't follow the instructions in the OS X section of the wxL ReadMe, which rules out things like Homebrew. By follow the instructions I mean using Python 3, latest stable wxWidgets 3.x, SDL2.framework from FSO source tree, building wxWidgets manually using specific configure flags, and calling CMake with the specified flags. It should be possible to configure the CI server such it follows the instructions in the ReadMe. It's hard enough getting wxWidgets/wxL/SDL2 to work together on a known setup like using wxWidgets built with very specific parameters (see the wxL ReadMe's revised OS X section) and the SDL2.framework from the FSO source tree. However, I guess supporting multiple versions of wxWidgets and Python is reasonable, although I couldn't get the build system to work with Python 2, so I gave up and used 3 instead.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:14:00 am by jg18 »

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
As I said before, I have no problem supporting only one build environment for OSX.

Python 2 works now because I removed the code that depended on the Python future module that was temporally a dependency of the prerelease 0.12.0.

The content of the fs2 .app directories is different between the current master and the 3.7.4 release. So the debug log from wxL should be helpful in understanding what is going wrong.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I'll look but I already compiled a build with debugging lines around the call that does the glob and it does not return the uppercase app folder names in that array.  Will be at work shortly.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
In that case, try a * glob and see what you get for bytes in the filenames.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
At work, now I can reply more effectively here.

I think that on OS X CMake automatically generates multiple build configurations including Debug and Release so specifying CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE should not be necessary rather specifying -configuration Debug when running xcodebuild from the command line.

Correct, I don't need to rerun CMake to generate a debug build so I'll be building one shortly.

I'm not sure that using prebuilt wxWidgets libs will work. I don't know how portable wx-config is. wx-config is the command line tool generated as part of the wxWidgets build process that tells CMake where to find the headers/libraries and probably also something about what compiler/linker flags to use. EDIT: I'm also not wild about a set of libs that was built using custom patches; those patches will need to be stored somewhere so that we can rebuild the libraries as we surely would need to do at some point -- and would the patches necessarily work at that point?

I assumed that portability was the point of wx-config.  All it would need to do is be in the same relative place to the rest of the files and it could figure things out from there I would imagine.  Easy enough for me to test though, I'll just move my folder to somewhere else and see if it still compiles, links, and runs successfully.  If that works it should work on any other machine.

I guess that people/CMake could download the SDL2.framework from its official source and put it in ~/Library/Frameworks. If done automatically by CMake it would need to be done before trying to detect SDL2 of course. Since FSO uses a pre-bundled build of SDl2.framework though I don't see why wxL couldn't as well. At least that way we have a version of SDL2 that we know will work.

Right now, I believe FS2's setup checks for a system lib first and downloads to a local cache, and uses that, if none is found.  It keeps that library location within the build folder so as not to make any external changes.  Ripping that behavior out I hope would not be too difficult if it seems like a good practice to follow.  But allowing users to have a globally or user installed copy already would be fine, I just don't know if ~/Library/Frameworks is normally considered a searched location or not, so there may not be any general purpose reason for placing it there?

Yes, building wxL from scratch is a bit of a pain; however,  it isn't particularly difficult and the new instructions are pretty detailed as to what to do. It's not much more than installing a few things and copy/pasting some commands. I'm not convinced that homebrew makes things any easier than just following the wxL ReadMe, especially if custom patches are required for Homebrew (none are required for the wxL ReadMe approach) and as mentioned above I'm not sure that using prebuilt wxWidgets libraries will work.

It's not too difficult now but we have already established mechanisms in place in FS2 that could make it even less difficult and more approachable, not to mention simply quicker to get off the ground.  If the wheel is already invented I don't see a good reason not to use it.

I don't know why Python 2 now works all of a sudden. I guess I can take a look at it again. My python skills are limited/rusty and I don't think I could update the scripts to work with both 2 and 3.

As IssMneur already mentioned, the lines that were breaking python 2 were removed (at different times oddly but both finally got pulled out.  It was the 'from builtins import *' lines in a couple of files.  With those gone, no need to install anything but pip and a couple of modules.

FWIW the way I build wxWidgets uses wxOSX (Cocoa) rather than wxMac (Carbon IIRC). It's what's detected by default by configure and I think is the more modern wx port for OS X.

The build I made labeled itself as a 'cocoa' build, and I believe the wxmac in homebrew is a 'cocoa' build as well.  I haven't seen a Carbon anything in a long time.

wxL releases for OS X have always been Unicode.

Interesting, I thought that at least in 2.8 they had a regular and a Unicode version but I may be confusing it with another project.

Admittedly, with the way I build wxL, for some reason the wxlauncher top menubar now appears to be empty. Personally I do not feel this is worth trying to fix. wxL can be shut down either from clicking on the red X button in the corner or by quitting from the Dock. EDIT 2: That does also mean no About menu option however that wasn't cross-platform anyway and you can still get the version by right clicking on the .app and selecting Get Info.

Yes, I saw the same behavior.  At one point previously, I had the menu bar, and I believe I had built against wxmac from Homebrew when I had it.  But now it is gone for me as well.  The way I usually quit apps though is Cmd+Q, and that doesn't work, which is kind of irritating.  But hitting the red button will have to work unless we can figure that out.

Also, repeating what I said before:
Also, just my opinion, but I don't think we should officially support OS X build setups that don't follow the instructions in the OS X section of the wxL ReadMe, which rules out things like Homebrew. By follow the instructions I mean using Python 3, latest stable wxWidgets 3.x, SDL2.framework from FSO source tree, building wxWidgets manually using specific configure flags, and calling CMake with the specified flags. It should be possible to configure the CI server such it follows the instructions in the ReadMe. It's hard enough getting wxWidgets/wxL/SDL2 to work together on a known setup like using wxWidgets built with very specific parameters (see the wxL ReadMe's revised OS X section) and the SDL2.framework from the FSO source tree. However, I guess supporting multiple versions of wxWidgets and Python is reasonable, although I couldn't get the build system to work with Python 2, so I gave up and used 3 instead.

Definitely, homebrew isn't require now as far as I'm concerned.  I'd rather that the CI stuff even stop using it in favor of something like I've suggested that would download the necessary libs when necessary or keeping them in the repository.  I don't know if brew is available in the CI environment or not, but if it's not, we could stop having to add it via the CI script as well which could possibly simplify things more.  Having the CI and the end user using the same files and commands for building would mean a much more reliable CI confirmation.  Other than that, I agree with at the moment following the instructions closely is the easiest way to get a successful build.  I just think we could eliminate some steps for the developer/user.  Python 2 works now so we can avoid needing to install python 3.  If python 2 is still what comes with 10.12, I don't see a reason to require every mac user to install python 3 when they all have 2 available.  If it comes with python 3 now we may want to consider making that the officially supported one, but writing python 2/3 compatible code is not terribly hard these days, if using a new enough python 3.  The SDL2 framework does not need to come from FSO, it is the official framework file there, so we can just tell people to get the latest official SDL2 framework (or specify 2.0.4 if we want to ensure parity).  People may already have it installed in a global location so telling them they have to get the FSO one is not necessary.  We do need to fix a bug where if you _do_ have it installed via Homebrew, it won't find it in the ~/Library/Frameworks location and will link against the wrong one.

Using a wxWidgets that is precompiled but providing the compiling instructions for users who want to do it themselves should be fine.  These aren't patches I found on a random forum thread, they are the ones used by homebrew for their own release to fix compilation issues.  I'm actually not sure how you were able to compile it without any patches as I ran into issues that were resolved specifically by one patch in that patch set.  The other two patches sounded useful enough so I included those as well.  Some were already applied upstream by wxWidgets, they just wouldn't make it to an official release tree unless they release another 3.0.x build.

Ultimately, I agree, we should be able to support both a precompiled wxWidgets or a wxWidgets build following a narrow set of instructions, one or maybe both python versions, and only the SDL2 framework file.  If someone wants to try to maintain wx 2.8 support that's fine too I guess, but I think we'd be better moving forward to 3.1.x support than backwards to a deprecated version.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Here's the log, I'll mess with the glob in a bit but figured I'd get this now while I'm tweaking the wx prebuilt lib.  By default it doesn't work in a location other than where it was installed but I think I can get a relative path in its config file and make it work, since we're statically linking.

16273151406:DEBUG:Created news map entry for source hlp
16273151406:DEBUG:  Opening /Users/cliffgordon/Library/Application Support/wxlauncher/pro00000.ini
16273151406:DEBUG:  Opened profile named: Default
16273151406:DEBUG:  Opening /Users/cliffgordon/Library/Application Support/wxlauncher/pro00001.ini
16273151406:DEBUG:  Opened profile named: FS2
16273151406:DEBUG:  Opening /Users/cliffgordon/Library/Application Support/wxlauncher/pro00002.ini
16273151406:DEBUG:  Opened profile named: FotG
16273151406:DEBUG:  Opening /Users/cliffgordon/Library/Application Support/wxlauncher/pro00003.ini
16273151406:DEBUG:  Opened profile named: Diaspora
16273151406:DEBUG: Searching for profile: FS2
16273151406:DEBUG: Making 'FS2' the application profile
16273151406:DEBUG:Generating current profile changed event
16273151406:DEBUG: Profile Manager is set up
16273151406:DEBUG:Profile 'FS2' saved to '/Users/cliffgordon/Library/Application Support/wxlauncher/pro00001.ini'
16273151406:STSBR:Profile 'FS2' saved
16273151406:DEBUG:Current config saved.
16273151406:STSBR:Now autosaving profiles.
16273151406:DEBUG:ModsPage is at 0x7fc138e77430.
16273151406:DEBUG:I found 2 .ini files:
16273151406:DEBUG:Inserting '(No mod)'
16273151406:DEBUG: Using defaults for TC.
16273151406:DEBUG:Starting to parse mod.ini's...
16273151406:DEBUG:  Parsing /Applications/Freespace2/bpcomplete/mod.ini
16273151406:DEBUG:   Opened ok
16273151406:DEBUG:   Mod fancy name is: Blue Planet Complete;
16273151406:DEBUG:   Mod short name is: bpcomplete
16273151406:DEBUG:  Parsing /Applications/Freespace2/MediaVPs_2014/mod.ini
16273151406:DEBUG:   Mod fancy name is: MediaVPs 2014;
16273151406:DEBUG:   Mod short name is: MediaVPs_2014
16273151406:DEBUG:Transforming mod.ini's
16273151406:DEBUG: (No mod)
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/modname:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/image255x112:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/image182x80:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/infotext:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/author:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/notes:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/website:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/forum:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/bugs:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/support:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /recommendedlighting/name:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /recommendedlighting/flagset:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:Recommended lighting flagset is missing or empty; using defaults.
16273151406:DEBUG:  /extremeforce/forcedflagson:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /extremeforce/forcedflagsoff:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /multimod/primarylist:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /multimod/secondarylist:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /multimod/secondrylist:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  Does Not Contain A skin Section.
16273151406:DEBUG: bpcomplete
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/modname:'Blue Planet Complete'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/image255x112:'bplogo.bmp'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/infotext:'The FreeSpace story continues. 18 years after the events of FreeSpace 2, the Security Council deploys the elite 14th Battlegroup to re-establish contact with Earth.'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/website:'http://blueplanet.hard-light.net'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/forum:'http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/board,169.0.html'
16273151406:DEBUG:Recommended lighting flagset is missing or empty; using defaults.
16273151406:DEBUG:  /multimod/secondarylist:'mediavps_2014'
16273151406:DEBUG: MediaVPs_2014
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/modname:'MediaVPs 2014'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/image255x112:'FSU-MVP.bmp'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/image182x80:'FSU-MVP_small.bmp'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/infotext:'Freespace II - SVN MediaVPs'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/website:'http://www.hard-light.net/'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/forum:'http://www.hard-light.net/forums'
16273151406:DEBUG:New modline is
16273151406:DEBUG:Generating EVT_TC_ACTIVE_MOD_CHANGED event
16273151406:DEBUG:BasicSettingsPage is at 0x7fc138d5f940.
16273151406:DEBUG:TCManager is at 0x7fc138d60530.
16273151406:DEBUG:Enumerating graphics modes with SDL
16273151406:DEBUG: found aspect ratio 16:10
16273151406:DEBUG: found aspect ratio 3:2
16273151406:DEBUG: found aspect ratio 4:3
16273151406:DEBUG:no resolution found in map, attempting to use profile value
16273151406:DEBUG:Wrote resolution 1280x800 for mod (No mod)
16273151406:DEBUG:Generating EVT_RESOLUTION_MAP_CHANGED event
16273151406:DEBUG:lighting preset Off selected
16273151406:DEBUG:Generating EVT_CMD_LINE_CHANGED event
16273151406:DEBUG:AdvSettingsPage is at 0x7fc138c87b40.
16273151406:DEBUG:BottomButtons is at 0x7fc138c9e410.
16273151406:STSBR:MainWindow is complete
16273151406:DEBUG:Generating EVT_TC_CHANGED event
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_TC_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138e77430
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_TC_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138d5f940
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_TC_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c9e410
16273151406:STSBR:Ready.
16273151406:DEBUG:I found 2 .ini files:
16273151406:DEBUG:Inserting '(No mod)'
16273151406:DEBUG: Using defaults for TC.
16273151406:DEBUG:Starting to parse mod.ini's...
16273151406:DEBUG:  Parsing /Applications/Freespace2/bpcomplete/mod.ini
16273151406:DEBUG:   Mod fancy name is: Blue Planet Complete;
16273151406:DEBUG:   Mod short name is: bpcomplete
16273151406:DEBUG:  Parsing /Applications/Freespace2/MediaVPs_2014/mod.ini
16273151406:DEBUG:   Mod fancy name is: MediaVPs 2014;
16273151406:DEBUG:   Mod short name is: MediaVPs_2014
16273151406:DEBUG:Transforming mod.ini's
16273151406:DEBUG: (No mod)
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/modname:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/image255x112:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/infotext:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/website:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/forum:'Not Specified'
16273151406:DEBUG:  Does Not Contain A skin Section.
16273151406:DEBUG: bpcomplete
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/modname:'Blue Planet Complete'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/image255x112:'bplogo.bmp'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/infotext:'The FreeSpace story continues. 18 years after the events of FreeSpace 2, the Security Council deploys the elite 14th Battlegroup to re-establish contact with Earth.'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/website:'http://blueplanet.hard-light.net'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/forum:'http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/board,169.0.html'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /multimod/secondarylist:'mediavps_2014'
16273151406:DEBUG: MediaVPs_2014
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/modname:'MediaVPs 2014'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/image255x112:'FSU-MVP.bmp'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/image182x80:'FSU-MVP_small.bmp'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/infotext:'Freespace II - SVN MediaVPs'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/website:'http://www.hard-light.net/'
16273151406:DEBUG:  /launcher/forum:'http://www.hard-light.net/forums'
16273151406:DEBUG:New modline is
16273151406:DEBUG:Generating EVT_TC_ACTIVE_MOD_CHANGED event
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_TC_ACTIVE_MOD_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138d5f940
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_TC_ACTIVE_MOD_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c88780
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_TC_ACTIVE_MOD_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c87b40
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_TC_ACTIVE_MOD_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c9e410
16273151406:DEBUG:Found executable: fs2_open_3_7_5_x64-DEBUG.app/Contents/MacOS/fs2_open_3_7_5_x64-DEBUG
16273151406:DEBUG:Making version struct for the executable 'fs2_open_3_7_5_x64-DEBUG.app/Contents/MacOS/fs2_open_3_7_5_x64-DEBUG'
16273151406:DEBUG:The current root folder is valid.
16273151406:DEBUG:Generating EVT_TC_BINARY_CHANGED event
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_TC_BINARY_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c39ed0
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_TC_BINARY_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138d5f940
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_TC_BINARY_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c9e410
16273151406:DEBUG:Enumerating graphics modes with SDL
16273151406:DEBUG: found aspect ratio 16:10
16273151406:DEBUG: found aspect ratio 3:2
16273151406:DEBUG: found aspect ratio 4:3
16273151406:DEBUG:Wrote resolution 1280x800 for mod (No mod)
16273151406:DEBUG:Generating EVT_RESOLUTION_MAP_CHANGED event
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_RESOLUTION_MAP_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c9e410
16273151406:DEBUG:The current profile's listed FSO executable 'fs2_open_3_7_5_x64-DEBUG.app/Contents/MacOS/fs2_open_3_7_5_x64-DEBUG' is valid.
16273151406:DEBUG:current flag file processing status: 1
16273151406:DEBUG:Generating EVT_FLAG_FILE_PROCESSING_STATUS_CHANGED event
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_FLAG_FILE_PROCESSING_STATUS_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c4dbd0
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_FLAG_FILE_PROCESSING_STATUS_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138d5f940
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_FLAG_FILE_PROCESSING_STATUS_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c87b40
16273151406:DEBUG:Generating EVT_PROXY_RESET event
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_PROXY_RESET event to 0x7fc138c87b40
16273151406:DEBUG:Initializing flag file processing.
16273151406:DEBUG:exeName: fs2_open_3_7_5_x64-DEBUG.app/Contents/MacOS/fs2_open_3_7_5_x64-DEBUG
16273151406:DEBUG:exeFilename: /Applications/Freespace2/fs2_open_3_7_5_x64-DEBUG.app/Contents/MacOS/fs2_open_3_7_5_x64-DEBUG
16273151406:DEBUG: Called FS2 Open with command line '/Applications/Freespace2/fs2_open_3_7_5_x64-DEBUG.app/Contents/MacOS/fs2_open_3_7_5_x64-DEBUG -get_flags'.
16273151406:DEBUG:wxMacLaunch Bad bundle: /Applications/Freespace2/fs2_open_3_7_5_x64-DEBUG.app/Contents/MacOS/fs2_open_3_7_5_x64-DEBUG
16273151406:DEBUG:current flag file processing status: 7
16273151406:DEBUG:Generating EVT_FLAG_FILE_PROCESSING_STATUS_CHANGED event
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_FLAG_FILE_PROCESSING_STATUS_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c4dbd0
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_FLAG_FILE_PROCESSING_STATUS_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138d5f940
16273151406:DEBUG: Sent EVT_FLAG_FILE_PROCESSING_STATUS_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c87b40
16273151407:DEBUG: FS2 Open returned 1 when polled for the flags
16273151407:DEBUG: Searching for flag file at /Users/cliffgordon/Library/Application Support/wxlauncher/temp_flag_folder/flags.lch ... Located
16273151407:DEBUG:Reading flag file /Users/cliffgordon/Library/Application Support/wxlauncher/temp_flag_folder/flags.lch.
16273151407:DEBUG: easy_flag_size: 32, 4; flag_size: 344, 4; num_easy_flags: 5, 4; num_flags: 86, 4
16273151407:DEBUG:current flag file processing status: 0
16273151407:DEBUG:Generating EVT_FLAG_FILE_PROCESSING_STATUS_CHANGED event
16273151407:DEBUG: Sent EVT_FLAG_FILE_PROCESSING_STATUS_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c4dbd0
16273151407:DEBUG: Sent EVT_FLAG_FILE_PROCESSING_STATUS_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138d5f940
16273151407:DEBUG: Sent EVT_FLAG_FILE_PROCESSING_STATUS_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c87b40
16273151409:DEBUG:news loaded from http://www.audiozone.ro/hl/ with type text/html
16273151409:DEBUG:Generating EVT_PROXY_FLAG_DATA_READY event
16273151409:DEBUG: Sent EVT_PROXY_FLAG_DATA_READY event to 0x7fc138c88780
16273151409:DEBUG: Sent EVT_PROXY_FLAG_DATA_READY event to 0x7fc138c87b40
16273151410:DEBUG:System default OpenAL device: Built-in Output
16273151410:DEBUG:System default OpenAL capture device: Built-in Microphone
16273151410:DEBUG:Playback device 'Built-in Output' does not support EFX. Hiding Enable EFX checkbox.
16273151410:DEBUG:min audio new sound sizer width: 257
16273151410:DEBUG:max device combo length: 215
16273151410:DEBUG:Enumerating graphics modes with SDL
16273151410:DEBUG: found aspect ratio 16:10
16273151410:DEBUG: found aspect ratio 3:2
16273151410:DEBUG: found aspect ratio 4:3
16273151410:DEBUG:Wrote resolution 1280x800 for mod (No mod)
16273151410:DEBUG:Generating EVT_RESOLUTION_MAP_CHANGED event
16273151410:DEBUG: Sent EVT_RESOLUTION_MAP_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c9e410
16273151410:DEBUG:Generating EVT_FLAG_LIST_BOX_READY event
16273151410:DEBUG: Sent EVT_FLAG_LIST_BOX_READY event to 0x7fc138c87b40
16273151410:DEBUG:Generating EVT_CUSTOM_FLAGS_CHANGED event
16273151410:DEBUG: Sent EVT_CUSTOM_FLAGS_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c87b40
16273151410:DEBUG:Generating EVT_CMD_LINE_CHANGED event
16273151410:DEBUG: Sent EVT_CMD_LINE_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c87b40
16273151410:DEBUG:lighting preset Off selected
16273151410:DEBUG:Generating EVT_CMD_LINE_CHANGED event
16273151410:DEBUG: Sent EVT_CMD_LINE_CHANGED event to 0x7fc138c87b40
16273151413:DEBUG:FlagListManager::DeInitialize(): contents of handler list:
16273151413:DEBUG: handler at 0x7fc138d5f940
16273151413:DEBUG: handler at 0x7fc138c87b40
16273151413:DEBUG:SkinSystem::DeInitialize(): contents of handler list:
16273151413:DEBUG: handler at 0x7fc138c43320
16273151413:DEBUG: handler at 0x7fc138d56ef0
16273151413:DEBUG: handler at 0x7fc138e5ce60
16273151413:DEBUG: handler at 0x7fc138e5d880
16273151413:DEBUG: handler at 0x7fc138e77430

Log closed.

FS2 folder:

cliffgordon@cliffmbp:/Applications/Freespace2  $ ls -al
total 3091472
drwxr-xr-x  29 cliffgordon  admin        986 Sep 29 10:17 ./
drwxrwxr-x+ 77 root         admin       2618 Sep 28 11:07 ../
-rw-r--r--   1 cliffgordon  admin   23186780 Sep 26 16:30 Archive.zip
-rwxrwxrwx   1 cliffgordon  admin  263640995 Oct 31  2013 FS2OGGcutscenepack.vp*
drwxr-xr-x@  3 cliffgordon  admin        102 Apr 23  2015 FS2_Open 3.7.2 (debug).app/
drwxr-xr-x@  3 cliffgordon  admin        102 Apr 23  2015 FS2_Open 3.7.2.app/
drwxr-xr-x   3 cliffgordon  admin        102 Jul  4 12:26 FS2_Open 3.7.4 (debug).app/
drwxr-xr-x   3 cliffgordon  admin        102 Jul  4 12:25 FS2_Open 3.7.4.app/
drwxr-xr-x   3 cliffgordon  staff        102 Jul 21 10:08 FS2_Open 3.7.5 20160721 c3c66c9 (debug).app/
drwxr-xr-x   3 cliffgordon  staff        102 Jul 21 10:09 FS2_Open 3.7.5 20160721 c3c66c9.app/
drwxr-xr-x   3 cliffgordon  admin        102 Jul  6 00:32 FS2_Open Ant9 20160705 (debug).app/
drwxr-xr-x   3 cliffgordon  admin        102 Jul  6 00:39 FS2_Open Ant9 20160705.app/
drwxr-xr-x   3 cliffgordon  admin        102 Jul  6 10:56 FS2_Open Ant9 SDL204 (debug).app/
drwxr-xr-x   3 cliffgordon  admin        102 Jul  6 10:56 FS2_Open Ant9 SDL204.app/
drwxr-xr-x@ 15 cliffgordon  staff        510 Jul  6 10:47 MediaVPs_2014/
drwxr-xr-x  19 cliffgordon  staff        646 Jul  6 11:01 bpcomplete/
drwxr-xr-x   3 cliffgordon  admin        102 Jul  6 00:15 data/
drwxr-xr-x   3 cliffgordon  staff        102 Sep 26 16:19 fs2_open_3_7_5_x64-DEBUG.app/
-rwxrwxrwx   1 cliffgordon  admin    5774914 Nov  1  2013 multi-mission-pack.vp*
-rwxrwxrwx   1 cliffgordon  admin   23678622 Nov  1  2013 multi-voice-pack.vp*
-rwxrwxrwx   1 cliffgordon  admin    6404494 Nov 17  1999 root_fs2.vp*
-rwxrwxrwx   1 cliffgordon  admin  123125814 Sep 15  1999 smarty_fs2.vp*
-rwxrwxrwx   1 cliffgordon  admin  260563452 Sep 15  1999 sparky_fs2.vp*
-rwxrwxrwx   1 cliffgordon  admin  265242014 Sep 15  1999 sparky_hi_fs2.vp*
-rwxrwxrwx   1 cliffgordon  admin  173166260 Sep 15  1999 stu_fs2.vp*
-rwxrwxrwx   1 cliffgordon  admin  195887233 Sep 15  1999 tango1_fs2.vp*
-rwxrwxrwx   1 cliffgordon  admin   72778161 Sep 15  1999 tango2_fs2.vp*
-rwxrwxrwx   1 cliffgordon  admin   50497261 Sep 15  1999 tango3_fs2.vp*
-rwxrwxrwx   1 cliffgordon  admin  118858128 Sep 15  1999 warble_fs2.vp*

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Guess my precompiled binary doesn't work when not in the location I installed it after all.  Tried moving it to my user folder and point to it there, no such luck.  I can screw with the wx-config file and change the prefix to a relative path which fixes compiling (helps it find the headers still), but breaks linking (tries using relative paths with all the -l values that don't work).  So, I still think it could work, but CMake would have to use regex or something to replace the input_option_prefix line in wx-config with a full path including wherever the user is compiling wxLauncher.  Or, it would need to extract the library outside of the build folder, to some common location like a temp folder or something, that we could program in advance.  Neither quite sounds ideal, but I can modify the prebuilt lib to expect to live in /tmp/wxmac and compile successfully already.  All that would need to be done is modifying the CMake script to download the archive and extract it to /tmp/ if a system wx install is not found.