Author Topic: High Poly Leviathan  (Read 65801 times)

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Looking B-E-A-U-TIFUL ! :lol:
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
The engines seem odd to me. Are you going to have multiple thruster glows, or keep the big one?
I'm hoping to have neither and instead an effect that complements this type of engine assortment much better than our awful engine sprites.

Modeled thrusters is actually a promising option here, there's a lot more you can do with them than the sprites and particle thrusters just aren't feasible now or in the near future.
Why are particle thrusters not feasible?
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Why are particle thrusters not feasible?
Current particle performance isn't too good, particles outright disappear from at certain ranges, clipping errors, etc.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Certainly keeping my status as a lurker (and thus, silent connaiseur) but here I beg to differ, these round nozzles VA suggested here http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/VA--Twisted_Infinities/Fenris/FenrisRear.jpg
are certainly more what I expect thrusters to be. Just move the outer hoses inside the rim... any way I'll accept whatever comes included with vps 14...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 05:14:08 pm by quadrophoeniX »

Offline Hades

http://p3d.in/2aTio

Been too long since an update! The rear is p much finished detail-wise, the front is a placeholder, and the middle is next. I may put this on hold until I finish the Orion mesh.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I like what you did on the engine part, anyone that brings the "it's too detailed for a part that's gonna be covered by engine glow" theme can go to hell.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Considering how frequently these things get disabled, I'd say we'll get a lot of time to admire the engines. :)

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
For some reason the "shaded" option shows as black for me :( Anyone know a fix? On Firefox (whatever the latest), ATI gpu.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
switch to X-ray
el hombre vicio...

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Is it like that for everyone, or just me? Is there a proper fix?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I get the black surface as well, is as if the plugin is not loading any light sources or something like that.

Switch to X-ray view, it works ok.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Hades

"I found a problem, what do I do?

My Models look black on my ATI graphics card.
    This issue is solved by updating the ATI drivers, also know as Catalyst™."

Found that on their site. If your drivers are already updated, then I have no idea. :(
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
Why put the launcher tower on a hinge?
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

having the launcher tower like it is able to aim 360 degrees bearing and about 200 degrees elevation

Matches retail

Edit: I see what you mean but I think it's just style. besides he's working on the middle next so it is definitely not the finished product yet
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:48:30 pm by MLCBotMan »

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
I have an ATI gpu, and I get no black models. All drivers up-to-date...
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I would say it's not driver or video card related.

I used the plugging on an ati and on an nvidia machine as well and both yielded the same results, with updated drivers.

again, switch to x-ray, you can see the details that way.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Kolgena

For some reason the "shaded" option shows as black for me :( Anyone know a fix? On Firefox (whatever the latest), ATI gpu.

On the last 12.X catalyst for Radeon 3000 HD series GPU (before support for them got scrapped a few months back) and the latest release build for FF. No issues here.

Did you play around extensively with settings in the FF control panel?

Offline Hades

I like what you did on the engine part, anyone that brings the "it's too detailed for a part that's gonna be covered by engine glow" theme can go to hell.
VasudanAdmiral did that. I don't have the wit for such mechanical engineering!

Why put the launcher tower on a hinge?
It's not really a hinge. It's more of a stylistic sort of idea that popped into my head and I said "Well jolly, might as well try it!".

Thought it looked alright so I kept it.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline thorbin

Just took a look at your update from 2 August, Hades. Nice work!

Offline Hades

----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL