Author Topic: Dev Pics  (Read 5260 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• Betrayal is his middle name
  • Get Exiled! ^^
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I don't know why but it has a pretty Viper feel for me. You might need to add some sharp edges to separate gun mounts from the main shape of the fighter. Very nice work :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | DA Profile | P3D Profile

MY RELEASED CONTENT SO FAR
Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack | Updated Ancients Models
All of my stuff can be used ONLY in Freespace campaigns and missions.

Veteran modder and graphic designer of all kinds. 3D is my speciality. Feel free to PM me if you looking for a model or other GFX help.

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
I knew it felt familiar, now that you said Viper i see it.  1978.  Gun mounts will be from a different metal for separation.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
ok Finding time to actually do anything is not easy.  But I did find some time to work on the model a bit more.  Added some scales up front for a plate armor feel.

Also some ribs going down the sides as well as a lowering of the upper missile launchers, they aren't as tall as they were:

And then some engine work:

and finally, worked on the wings, slimmed them down a bit, I think that it offers a more sleek look.

Casualties of War

Offline Nyctaeus

• Betrayal is his middle name
  • Get Exiled! ^^
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I'm still not convinced to shape of the glass. It's bulge-like shape ruins the flow of the fighter that is sleek and slender. I have also one suggestion regarding wings.

Improve shape of the wings like this.

That's all. I'm starting to like this more and more :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | DA Profile | P3D Profile

MY RELEASED CONTENT SO FAR
Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack | Updated Ancients Models
All of my stuff can be used ONLY in Freespace campaigns and missions.

Veteran modder and graphic designer of all kinds. 3D is my speciality. Feel free to PM me if you looking for a model or other GFX help.

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
I tried the long sweep on the wings, but then opted for the long leading edge from an F/A 18 coupled with a slimmed down version of something akin to the cranked arrow look of the F16XL wings, seen here. 

Now that you mention it, maybe a sleeker cockpit is in order on this fighter, I'll see what I can do on both counts.

Casualties of War