Author Topic: Announcement - Dusk Wars Act 2  (Read 3181 times)

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Announcement - Dusk Wars Act 2
Dusk Wars Act 2 picks off about 2 months after the events of Act 1, still in the war against the Anshari. So nothing has really changed, except a nice new station has been built.  :cool:

Dusk Wars Act 2 will finish off the events of the Anshari War and help give you, the player, basic background knowledge on a potential third release!

What's new?
*New soundtrack
*Access to more Bal'ran ships and their frightening arsenal of weapons
*Finishing the story of the Anshari War with a bang
*Witness the events that are to unfold that will change the galaxy's fate
*Meet new allies and fight with them, side by side
*Cutscenes

Expected Release?
Unfortunately, the release was expected to be today but due to conflicting games and time schedules, there is no expected release date.

Progress
Currently about half the campaign is complete and tested for any show stopping bugs.

Other Information

Est amount of missions: 30ish
Recommended Difficulty: Medium

Screenshots

More screenshots to come to help show progress!

In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline CT27

Re: Announcement - Dusk Wars Act 2
Awesome! 

I'm really looking forward to this next part of the campaign.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Looks interesting :yes: I assume the vasudan ships will be featured as somekind of third race, isn't it?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline CT27

Also, is that 'rebel' sect we encountered near the end of Act 1 going to be in Act 2?

Offline NeonShivan

Looks interesting :yes: I assume the vasudan ships will be featured as somekind of third race, isn't it?

Yes they will, they will play a small role in Act II

Also, is that 'rebel' sect we encountered near the end of Act 1 going to be in Act 2?

Cannot say for certain, but maybe
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline CT27

I know you said you don't have an official release date for Act II yet; but do you think it will be out by the end of summer (i.e., the end of August)?

Offline NeonShivan

I know you said you don't have an official release date for Act II yet; but do you think it will be out by the end of summer (i.e., the end of August)?

No

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline NeonShivan

Update

Currently the campaign is almost 2/3 complete and has pasted initial testing. So, let's have a lesson on Bal'ran Politics as it plays a prominent role in the story.

The Bal'ran Government is operated by 3 major kiiths. These kiiths are the different bloodlines of the Bal'ran species. You cannot change your birth Kiith but you can change your allegiance to a kiith. The three major kiiths of the Empire follow:

Attis Kiith

The Attis Kiith is the working class of the Bal'ran Empire but they are not new to the political circle. They have developed over 75% of the warships used in the Bal'ran Navy and their kiith has held the throne 3 times in their history. Out of all the kiiths however, the Attis are one of the most xenophobic.

Kato Kiith

A kiith of bureaucrats and traders, the Kato were once the dominate warriors of the Bal'ran Empire until the Kato Uprising before the Soci Wars changed that. Since then, the Kato have split apart and remains a shadow of its former glory but still retain strong political power. Their kiith, much like the Attis, is very xenophobic, especially towards the Anshari. Their kiith held the throne during the Soci Wars.

Assus Kiith

The main warrior caste of the Bal'ran Empire, the Assus have recently started developing their own vessel designs to keep themselves unique. One of their most famous vessels would be the Anouke, the predecessor of the Attis Kiith's Limos. While the Assus don't have much political power, recent shifts in the political spectrum have not only given the Assus more political power, their kiith now also currently holds the throne. They are the least xenophobic out of all the kiiths, both major and minor, and remain at odds with the Attis Kiith for both economic and political dominance in the Empire.

Questions and Reveals

To CT27's Question about the Rebels >

To give you a much better answer then before, yes, they do make a return. However, the force you encounter in Act I was a Kato rebel sect, they do make a more prominent return in Act II but they will not be the secondary antagonist.

To Betrayal's Question about the Vasudans >

Yes, the Vasudan's ships will be featured as the Andvari. A race of former nomads who settled on a new world. Their role in Act II will be explained in the campaign but in much more detail in the tech room database.

More Screenshots

« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:45:57 pm by BTA »

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I remember them from techroom. Everything looks nice, except for the... Scylla :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline NeonShivan

I remember them from techroom. Everything looks nice, except for the... Scylla :P

Then you will find pleasure in killing it

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh