Author Topic: League of Free Worlds, Part One  (Read 5906 times)

League of Free Worlds, Part One
does someone have it this is a freespace 2 campaign
here's info

http://web.archive.org/web/20060211225647/http://archives.volitionwatch.com/fs2/missions/campaigns.php3?Cmp=League%20Of%20Free%20Worlds,%20Part%20One

but if i press download nothing shows up asame as the enemy of the past

Helpful Admin Edit!

I've uploaded a version that works with the latest FSO exe and the latest mediaVPs on Sector game.
http://sectorgame.com/fsfiles/?dir=uploads/Projects%20-%20Campaigns%20-%20TCs/Campaigns/SCP%20Campaigns
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 01:54:14 pm by Axem »

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Re: League of Free Worlds, Part One
Actually it's not Unholy Alliance.  LOFW uses the Unholy alliance mod for ships but it is a separate campaign.  See  the link in woutersmits' post.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Actually it's not Unholy Alliance.  LOFW uses the Unholy alliance mod for ships but it is a separate campaign.  See  the link in woutersmits' post.
i agree with you macfie

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I might have one or both of those on some old backup DVD or another, but no guarantees either way.  I'll see if I can dig up the right one and take a look.

ok

send me massege if you found it

I might have one or both of those on some old backup DVD or another, but no guarantees either way.  I'll see if I can dig up the right one and take a look.
did you found it i didnt hear from you 30 november

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Sorry, I've been really swamped with work and holiday stuff over the past few weeks.  I'll see if I can search for the right DVD tomorrow!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
(this is totally tomorrow right >_>)

Well the good news is that I did find both of them, on what's probably my oldest burned DVD.  (How old?  There's one of taylor's FSO builds from 2004 on there.)  The bad news is that the .zip for League of Free Worlds is corrupted/unreadable, and I can remember it being like that even way back when I first downloaded it.  I'll still upload it anyway, just in case someone knows a way of recovering stuff from it, but otherwise it'd be up to someone else who might have the campaign still lying around.

--Enemy From the Past
--League of Free Worlds (corrupt .zip)
--The Unholy Alliance mod installer that came with LoFW

Those links will probably stay up indefinitely, since I don't touch my Mediafire account very often, but if someone wants to get Enemy From the Past up on FSMods, that'd be a good idea.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, I'm not sure if the thing was ever widely available in an unbroken form.  Maybe one of the old-timers around here has it buried away somewhere.

And just as a word of caution, that Unholy Alliance mod installer does the old pre-FSO process of installing the mod .vp right to your main FS2 directory, and then adding batch files to enable/disable it.  If you want to use it now (and I honestly have no idea if it plays nice with modern FSO builds), you'd want to move the .vp to a dedicated mod folder and plop a simple mod.ini file in it.

can someone fix it

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
I just tried.  No dice.  The repair I tried only recognized one new file, but they were both effects files and I couldn't open them after the repair.

Someone who has a better method than WinRar should try it though.

Offline CT27

Macfie said he's working on LOFW now.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I've uploaded a version that works with the latest FSO exe and the latest mediaVPs on Sector game.
http://sectorgame.com/fsfiles/?dir=uploads/Projects%20-%20Campaigns%20-%20TCs/Campaigns/SCP%20Campaigns
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:30:37 pm by Macfie »
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

macfie any planning for part 2