Author Topic: RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.3.5  (Read 378446 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.1.10
Meant to mention, the final extraction of the OS X archives for 3.7.2 isn't working yet either.  Did we need to switch to .zip files or should it be able to completely extract .tgz files?  Right now it decompresses the .tar but does not unarchive it.  That, or can it handle .DMG files?  We have those available already as well.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The installer should ping the hosting server; check for the presence of the file; attempt to download the file; compare the MD3 hash on record with the downloaded file; then log all this information. Then we can know exactly where the error lies and how to fix it.

The Installer already does all this.  It doesn't necessarily tell us exactly where the error lies, let alone how to fix it. :)  For example, if there was a problem accessing the file, the Installer won't know if it's a network problem or a problem with the hosting website.

For an example of the latter, the Installer can no longer download .txt files hosted on SectorGame.  This affects Deus Ex Machina, Ross 128, and Ancient-Shivan War.  I've sent a PM to Hunter to see if this can be fixed.  It's most likely due to the upgrade of the site several months ago.

Meant to mention, the final extraction of the OS X archives for 3.7.2 isn't working yet either.  Did we need to switch to .zip files or should it be able to completely extract .tgz files?  Right now it decompresses the .tar but does not unarchive it.  That, or can it handle .DMG files?  We have those available already as well.

I thought we already worked through this in 2014?  The Installer should be able to completely extract .tgz files, including the .tar.  Catch me on IRC and I'll take a look.

A newer version of 7Zip-JBinding was released, which should add support for newer-format .7z files, but unfortunately it still does not support .dmg files.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The Installer already does all this.  It doesn't necessarily tell us exactly where the error lies, let alone how to fix it. :)  For example, if there was a problem accessing the file, the Installer won't know if it's a network problem or a problem with the hosting website.

It would help if it could at least tell the user at what stage the file failed to download, instead of the generic red light it does now. Then when we get complaints about the installer 'not working' we can check and see 'ah yes, Sectorgame is down, try again later' or 'oh, the server is up but the file has moved, here's the link' or other options for troubleshooting.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It would help if it could at least tell the user at what stage the file failed to download, instead of the generic red light it does now. Then when we get complaints about the installer 'not working' we can check and see 'ah yes, Sectorgame is down, try again later' or 'oh, the server is up but the file has moved, here's the link' or other options for troubleshooting.

The Installer already displays "The file <filename> could not be downloaded." or "The hash value for '%s' did not agree with the expected value." or any number of other errors on the last page of the wizard.  You can open up XSTR.properties and see the whole list for yourself.

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
Please let us unckeck stuff the installer THINKS it has installed.

I am getting tired of having every single mod I've ever played installed because the box is prechecked and unchangeable because of some file in my user folder which was restored from back up says I have them installed.
Or better yet, make the installer better about actually checking these things beforehand.
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I am getting tired of having every single mod I've ever played installed because the box is prechecked and unchangeable because of some file in my user folder which was restored from back up says I have them installed.

How often do you restore from backups?

Regardless, you can delete the fsoinstaller.properties file in your profile folder to "reset to factory defaults".

Or better yet, make the installer better about actually checking these things beforehand.

This is in progress.  It won't be ready for the next version though.

Offline BirdofPrey

How often do you restore from backups?
Variable
Maybe a year ago the time before this
I've had to wrangle the installer more often.  Usually it's more something like, I was done with a mod and didn't need it anymore, or something.
Things change, installer can't tell, I pull my hair out over why won't it work right

This time though the problem was it hung at installing some of the fancy files, I think it was due to a network hiccup at the ISP, but rather than stopping, and spitting out an error, it just sat there with a file at 90 something percent and half a dozen other waiting for their turn

Regardless, you can delete the fsoinstaller.properties file in your profile folder to "reset to factory defaults".
Too late now, but is the location of that actually posted somewhere accessible to a cursory search for the next time I forget?

This is in progress.  It won't be ready for the next version though.
Good it's being worked on, bad it won't be done soon.

Still, at this point I begin to wonder if the installer hates me personally.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:42:36 am by BirdofPrey »
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
This time though the problem was it hung at installing some of the fancy files, I think it was due to a network hiccup at the ISP, but rather than stopping, and spitting out an error, it just sat there with a file at 90 something percent and half a dozen other waiting for their turn
I suspect that's not actually a problem.  Some of the mod files are absolutely huge, and what you think is a hang could just be a large delay in extraction.  The Installer is very timely at stopping when it does encounter an error (to the consternation of a few people in this thread and on Reddit).

Nevertheless, we can't completely rule out a bug.  If you run into this again, upload your logs folder and I'll take a look.

Too late now, but is the location of that actually posted somewhere accessible to a cursory search for the next time I forget?

I've added it to the first post in this thread.

Still, at this point I begin to wonder if the installer hates me personally.

No, not as such.  But the Installer wasn't designed with your particular usage needs in mind.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.2.0

After extensive investigation, I have closed out all but two of the reported Installer issues as human error in one form or another.  Chief1983 wins the prize for the only actual bugs discovered during this period: a graphical glitch (yet to be reproduced) and a problem with the extraction of OSX SCP builds that was ironically caused by my fix of a very similar bug for Linux SCP builds.

Nevertheless, this new version of the Installer includes several enhancements that should prevent a few common mistakes and make other unpreventable mistakes easier to identify.  With the large number of changes, including updates of two key libraries, I've bumped the version to 2.2.0:

• Update 7Zip-JBinding to version 9.20-2 beta (changelog).  This allows extraction of LZMA2-encoded 7z files in addition to LZMA.
  • Update innoextract to version 1.5 (changelog).  There was no pressing need for this but I figured it couldn't hurt.
  • Move fsoinstaller development to github, in parallel with the rest of the SCP projects
  • Match file case on case-sensitive file systems when extracting files (addresses an issue raised here)
  • Comments are now allowed in installer text files (lines where # is the first non-whitespace character will be ignored)
  • You can now test installer text files before publishing them, using the option test.  This is like validate except it runs through the entire installation process using the text file you supply.
  • Using hash-stdout instead of hash will print calculated hash values to standard output instead of the log files.  You can also hash multiple files at once.
  • Refine the reported progress calculations in the progress bar indicators
  • Refine mod-specific logging (downloads will now be logged in their respective mod log files instead of fsoinstaller.log)
  • The Installer now provides support for mod flags using the FLAGS and ENDFLAGS keywords.  Currently, there's only one flag, though more may be added in the future:
    • EXCLUDE-FROM-COMPLETE-INSTALLATION - Prevents the mod from being selected when the user chooses Complete (instead of Basic or Custom).  Many users will pick this option without looking too closely at the options it selects.  I decided this flag was necessary primarily to prevent people from downloading a lot of large FSPort language packs that they didn't necessarily need.
  • Add RADIOBUTTON_GROUP which allows mod nodes to be selected on a mutually exclusive basis (e.g. if you release cutscenes rendered at different resolutions)
  • Fix a long-standing bug where 7zip continued extraction of files even after being cancelled
  • Fix a long-standing bug where cancelled extractions were treated as failed downloads
  • Log additional diagnostic, system, and version information in the log files
  • When running the Installer for the first time, search common directories (such as GOG and Steam) for an existing installation before defaulting to C:\Games\FreeSpace2
  • Fix a regression bug caused by my fix of a similar regression bug with extraction of .tar.gz files.  This is a more comprehensive fix that should fix .tar.bz2, .tar.gz, .tar.xz, .tar.z, and any other supported .tar-compressed format as well.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 08:41:07 am by Goober5000 »

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
After extensive investigation, I have closed out all but one of the reported Installer issues as human error in one form or another.  Chief1983 wins the prize for the only actual bug discovered during this period: a problem with the extraction of OSX SCP builds that was ironically caused by my fix of a very similar bug for Linux SCP builds.
You mean two bugs (unless you're saying this is also user error?).
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline BirdofPrey

I suspect that's not actually a problem.  Some of the mod files are absolutely huge, and what you think is a hang could just be a large delay in extraction.  The Installer is very timely at stopping when it does encounter an error (to the consternation of a few people in this thread and on Reddit).
It hung at 90 something percent for at least half an hour.

I've actually never had the installer stop before, though I have had a few instances of my isp being stupid long enough for the installer to stop trying mirrors and say a few downloads had failed and move on.

Nevertheless, we can't completely rule out a bug.  If you run into this again, upload your logs folder and I'll take a look.
I'll try to remember next time.  My first instinct is to try again in case it was a transitory thing and that overwrites the logs.

I've added it to the first post in this thread.
Thanks

No, not as such.  But the Installer wasn't designed with your particular usage needs in mind.
What usage would that be?

So the installer is going to try and kill me next time?  Good to know. :P

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You mean two bugs (unless you're saying this is also user error?).

Er, whoops.  Forgot about that once. :nervous:  I'm guessing that's a system or memory issue since I wasn't able to reproduce it myself.  I did squash a memory leak that wasn't freeing some resources, so maybe that will have fixed it.

What usage would that be?

What you described in your post.  Frequently restoring from backups and deleting mods.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Tested it on my Mac at work.  Tried downloading various items in one go.  Most of them worked, however a couple odd things happened.

Code: [Select]
The following errors were encountered:

FreeSpace Open 3.7.2 Windows Standard: The file 'scptrackir.zip' could not be downloaded.
FreeSpace Open 3.7.2 Macintosh: The file 'fs2_open_3.7.2.tgz' could not be downloaded.

I verified that scptrackir.zip is downloadable from all three mirrors.

Mac Log:
2016-01-18 15:23:59,624 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Starting task!
2016-01-18 15:23:59,624 [pool-1-thread-4] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Starting processing
2016-01-18 15:23:59,626 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This node has no folder; using application folder instead
2016-01-18 15:23:59,626 [pool-1-thread-4] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Installing to path: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-18 15:23:59,626 [pool-1-thread-4] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Processing INSTALL items
2016-01-18 15:23:59,626 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Submitting download task for 'fs2_open_3.7.2.tgz'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,626 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Waiting for all files to complete...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,626 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Installing 'fs2_open_3.7.2.tgz'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,626 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-18 15:23:59,626 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://swc.fs2downloads.com/builds/OSX/fs2_open_3.7.2.tgz'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,909 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from http://swc.fs2downloads.com/builds/OSX/fs2_open_3.7.2.tgz to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-18 15:24:00,007 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,007 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,061 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,062 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,135 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fs2_open_3.7.2.tar'
2016-01-18 15:24:00,135 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,135 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening extractor...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,135 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,136 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fs2_open_3.7.2.tar
2016-01-18 15:24:00,136 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,136 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,136 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:23,811 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-18 15:24:23,811 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:23,811 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing archive...
2016-01-18 15:24:23,811 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:23,811 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from file:/Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fs2_open_3.7.2.tar to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-18 15:24:23,811 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-18 15:24:23,811 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:23,811 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:23,811 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:23,811 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:23,812 [pool-1-thread-8] ERROR com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - An exception was thrown during download!
net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZipException: HRESULT: 0x1 (FALSE). Archive file (format: tar) can't be opened
at net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZip.nativeOpenArchive(Native Method)
at net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZip.callNativeOpenArchive(SevenZip.java:906)
at net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZip.openInArchive(SevenZip.java:796)
at com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader.downloadFromArchive(Downloader.java:377)
at com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader.download0(Downloader.java:227)
at com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader.download(Downloader.java:158)
at com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem.installOne(InstallItem.java:1034)
at com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem.access$1700(InstallItem.java:70)
at com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem$6.call(InstallItem.java:798)
at com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem$6.call(InstallItem.java:791)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

2016-01-18 15:24:23,812 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-18 15:24:23,812 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://scp.fsmods.net/builds/OSX/fs2_open_3.7.2.tgz'
2016-01-18 15:24:23,812 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from http://scp.fsmods.net/builds/OSX/fs2_open_3.7.2.tgz to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-18 15:24:23,953 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-18 15:24:23,953 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,049 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,049 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,203 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fs2_open_3.7.2.tar'
2016-01-18 15:24:24,203 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,204 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing archive...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,204 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,204 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from file:/Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fs2_open_3.7.2.tar to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-18 15:24:24,204 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,204 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,204 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,204 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,204 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,204 [pool-1-thread-8] ERROR com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - An exception was thrown during download!
net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZipException: HRESULT: 0x1 (FALSE). Archive file (format: tar) can't be opened
at com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader.downloadFromArchive(Downloader.java:377)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

2016-01-18 15:24:24,205 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-18 15:24:24,205 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://scp.indiegames.us/builds/OSX/fs2_open_3.7.2.tgz'
2016-01-18 15:24:24,205 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from http://scp.indiegames.us/builds/OSX/fs2_open_3.7.2.tgz to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-18 15:24:24,265 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,265 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,327 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,327 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,390 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fs2_open_3.7.2.tar'
2016-01-18 15:24:24,390 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,391 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing archive...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,391 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,391 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from file:/Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fs2_open_3.7.2.tar to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-18 15:24:24,391 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,391 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,391 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,391 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,391 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:24,391 [pool-1-thread-8] ERROR com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - An exception was thrown during download!

2016-01-18 15:24:24,391 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - File 'fs2_open_3.7.2.tgz' was unsuccessful
2016-01-18 15:24:24,391 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This marks 1 file out of 1
2016-01-18 15:24:24,392 [pool-1-thread-4] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - All files have completed!
2016-01-18 15:24:24,392 [pool-1-thread-4] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This marks 0 successful out of 1
2016-01-18 15:24:24,392 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Processing is complete; alerting listeners...

The Mac build downloaded and extracted correctly just last night with the test build I used for verification. So I'm not sure if there's a difference in the 7-zip bindings compatibility between Mac and Windows, or what.

2016-01-18 15:23:59,620 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Starting task!
2016-01-18 15:23:59,621 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Starting processing
2016-01-18 15:23:59,622 [pool-1-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This node has no folder; using application folder instead
2016-01-18 15:23:59,622 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Installing to path: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-18 15:23:59,623 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Processing INSTALL items
2016-01-18 15:23:59,623 [pool-1-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Submitting download task for 'fs2_open_3.7.2.7z'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,623 [pool-1-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Submitting download task for 'Launcher55g.zip'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,624 [pool-1-thread-2] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Installing 'fs2_open_3.7.2.7z'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,624 [pool-1-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Submitting download task for 'mod.ini'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,624 [pool-1-thread-3] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Installing 'Launcher55g.zip'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,624 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-18 15:23:59,624 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-18 15:23:59,624 [pool-1-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Submitting download task for 'FS2.bmp'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,624 [pool-1-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Submitting download task for 'scptrackir.zip'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,624 [pool-1-thread-5] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Installing 'mod.ini'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,625 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-18 15:23:59,625 [pool-1-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Waiting for all files to complete...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,625 [pool-1-thread-6] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Installing 'FS2.bmp'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,625 [pool-1-thread-7] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Installing 'scptrackir.zip'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,625 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-18 15:23:59,625 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-18 15:23:59,626 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://www.fsoinstaller.com/files/installer/java/mod.ini'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,626 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://scp.fsmods.net/builds/Launcher55g.zip'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,626 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://swc.fs2downloads.com/builds/WIN/fs2_open_3.7.2.7z'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,626 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://www.fsoinstaller.com/files/installer/java/FS2.bmp'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,626 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://scp.fsmods.net/builds/scptrackir.zip'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,655 [pool-1-thread-5] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading from http://www.fsoinstaller.com/files/installer/java/mod.ini to local file /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/mod.ini
2016-01-18 15:23:59,655 [pool-1-thread-6] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading from http://www.fsoinstaller.com/files/installer/java/FS2.bmp to local file /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/FS2.bmp
2016-01-18 15:23:59,655 [pool-1-thread-7] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from http://scp.fsmods.net/builds/scptrackir.zip to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-18 15:23:59,655 [pool-1-thread-3] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from http://scp.fsmods.net/builds/Launcher55g.zip to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-18 15:23:59,748 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to file...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,748 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,749 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening input and output streams...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,754 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to file...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,755 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,755 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening input and output streams...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,780 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/mod.ini
2016-01-18 15:23:59,780 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-18 15:23:59,780 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,780 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-18 15:23:59,781 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,781 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing input stream...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,781 [pool-1-thread-5] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - File 'mod.ini' was successful
2016-01-18 15:23:59,781 [pool-1-thread-2] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from http://swc.fs2downloads.com/builds/WIN/fs2_open_3.7.2.7z to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-18 15:23:59,781 [pool-1-thread-5] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This marks 1 file out of 5
2016-01-18 15:23:59,787 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/FS2.bmp
2016-01-18 15:23:59,787 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-18 15:23:59,787 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,826 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,826 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,828 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,828 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,902 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,903 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,905 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'scptrackir.dll'
2016-01-18 15:23:59,905 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,905 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening extractor...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,906 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,907 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/scptrackir.dll
2016-01-18 15:23:59,907 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-18 15:23:59,907 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,907 [pool-1-thread-7] WARN  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Extraction failed due to unknown compression method!
2016-01-18 15:23:59,908 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-18 15:23:59,908 [pool-1-thread-7] ERROR com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - An exception was thrown during download!
net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZipException: HRESULT: 0x1 (FALSE). Error extracting 1 item(s)
at net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.impl.InArchiveImpl.nativeExtract(Native Method)
at net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.impl.InArchiveImpl.extract(InArchiveImpl.java:112)
at com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader.downloadFromArchive(Downloader.java:443)
at com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader.download0(Downloader.java:217)
Caused by: net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZipException: Unknown compression method
at com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader$2.setOperationResult(Downloader.java:694)
... 13 more

2016-01-18 15:23:59,909 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-18 15:23:59,909 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://scp.indiegames.us/builds/scptrackir.zip'
2016-01-18 15:24:00,007 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,007 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,009 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-18 15:24:00,009 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,009 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,009 [pool-1-thread-6] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - File 'FS2.bmp' was successful
2016-01-18 15:24:00,009 [pool-1-thread-6] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This marks 2 files out of 5
2016-01-18 15:24:00,039 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,040 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,104 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fred2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.pdb'
2016-01-18 15:24:00,104 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,105 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fs2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.pdb'
2016-01-18 15:24:00,105 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,105 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fred2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.map'
2016-01-18 15:24:00,105 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,106 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fs2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.map'
2016-01-18 15:24:00,106 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,106 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fred2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.exe'
2016-01-18 15:24:00,106 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,106 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fred2_open_3_7_2.exe'
2016-01-18 15:24:00,107 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fs2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.exe'
2016-01-18 15:24:00,107 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,107 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fs2_open_3_7_2.exe'
2016-01-18 15:24:00,107 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,107 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening extractor...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,108 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,108 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,184 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'Launcher.exe'
2016-01-18 15:24:00,184 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,185 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening extractor...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,185 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,185 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/Launcher.exe
2016-01-18 15:24:00,185 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-18 15:24:00,185 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,185 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,261 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,354 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-18 15:24:00,354 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,354 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing archive...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,354 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,354 [pool-1-thread-3] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - File 'Launcher55g.zip' was successful
2016-01-18 15:24:00,354 [pool-1-thread-3] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This marks 3 files out of 5
2016-01-18 15:24:00,941 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:00,941 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fred2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.pdb
2016-01-18 15:24:00,941 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-18 15:24:00,942 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-18 15:24:06,875 [pool-1-thread-7] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from http://scp.indiegames.us/builds/scptrackir.zip to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-18 15:24:06,938 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-18 15:24:06,938 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:07,008 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'scptrackir.dll'
2016-01-18 15:24:07,008 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:24:07,009 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening extractor...
2016-01-18 15:24:07,009 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:07,009 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/scptrackir.dll
2016-01-18 15:24:07,009 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-18 15:24:07,009 [pool-1-thread-7] WARN  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Extraction failed due to unknown compression method!
2016-01-18 15:24:07,009 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:07,010 [pool-1-thread-7] ERROR com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - An exception was thrown during download!
net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZipException: HRESULT: 0x1 (FALSE). Error extracting 1 item(s)
at com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader.downloadFromArchive(Downloader.java:443)
Caused by: net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZipException: Unknown compression method
at com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader$2.setOperationResult(Downloader.java:694)
... 13 more

2016-01-18 15:24:07,010 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-18 15:24:07,010 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://swc.fs2downloads.com/builds/scptrackir.zip'
2016-01-18 15:24:08,246 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-18 15:24:08,246 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:08,256 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:08,257 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fs2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.pdb
2016-01-18 15:24:08,257 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-18 15:24:08,257 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-18 15:24:10,970 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-18 15:24:10,970 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:10,983 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:10,983 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fred2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.map
2016-01-18 15:24:10,983 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-18 15:24:10,984 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-18 15:24:11,709 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-18 15:24:11,709 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:11,718 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:11,718 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fs2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.map
2016-01-18 15:24:11,718 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-18 15:24:11,718 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-18 15:24:11,874 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-18 15:24:11,874 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:12,334 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:12,335 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fred2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.exe
2016-01-18 15:24:12,335 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-18 15:24:12,335 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-18 15:24:13,482 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-18 15:24:13,482 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:13,491 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:13,491 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fred2_open_3_7_2.exe
2016-01-18 15:24:13,491 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-18 15:24:13,491 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-18 15:24:13,946 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-18 15:24:13,946 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:13,951 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:13,951 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fs2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.exe
2016-01-18 15:24:13,951 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-18 15:24:13,952 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-18 15:24:15,347 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-18 15:24:15,347 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:15,354 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:15,355 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fs2_open_3_7_2.exe
2016-01-18 15:24:15,355 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-18 15:24:15,355 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-18 15:24:16,520 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-18 15:24:16,520 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:16,527 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing archive...
2016-01-18 15:24:16,527 [pool-1-thread-2] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:16,527 [pool-1-thread-2] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - File 'fs2_open_3.7.2.7z' was successful
2016-01-18 15:24:16,527 [pool-1-thread-2] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This marks 4 files out of 5
2016-01-18 15:24:16,527 [pool-1-thread-7] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from http://swc.fs2downloads.com/builds/scptrackir.zip to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-18 15:24:16,566 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-18 15:24:16,566 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:16,601 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'scptrackir.dll'
2016-01-18 15:24:16,601 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-18 15:24:16,601 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening extractor...
2016-01-18 15:24:16,602 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:16,602 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/scptrackir.dll
2016-01-18 15:24:16,602 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-18 15:24:16,602 [pool-1-thread-7] WARN  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Extraction failed due to unknown compression method!
2016-01-18 15:24:16,602 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-18 15:24:16,602 [pool-1-thread-7] ERROR com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - An exception was thrown during download!
... 13 more

2016-01-18 15:24:16,603 [pool-1-thread-7] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - File 'scptrackir.zip' was unsuccessful
2016-01-18 15:24:16,603 [pool-1-thread-7] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This marks 5 files out of 5
2016-01-18 15:24:16,603 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - All files have completed!
2016-01-18 15:24:16,603 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This marks 4 successful out of 5
2016-01-18 15:24:16,604 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Processing is complete; alerting listeners...

Similar thing seemed to happen with the scptrackir.zip.  I'm not sure why it wasn't able to figure out that zip file.  All the other files worked fine.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The Mac build downloaded and extracted correctly just last night with the test build I used for verification. So I'm not sure if there's a difference in the 7-zip bindings compatibility between Mac and Windows, or what.

Similar thing seemed to happen with the scptrackir.zip.  I'm not sure why it wasn't able to figure out that zip file.  All the other files worked fine.

:blah: You could be right about the bindings compatibility.  Both the Windows Standard and the Macintosh selections worked properly on my Windows 7 machine.  I'll catch you on IRC and give you a test build.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Tried the test build.

The following error was encountered:

FreeSpace Open 3.7.2 Windows Standard: The file 'scptrackir.zip' could not be downloaded.

Didn't try to touch the .tgz so no error on the Mac build.

Here's the Windows build log again with the scptrackir.zip failure:

2016-01-22 11:51:08,017 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Starting task!
2016-01-22 11:51:08,018 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Starting processing
2016-01-22 11:51:08,019 [pool-1-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This node has no folder; using application folder instead
2016-01-22 11:51:08,019 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Installing to path: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-22 11:51:08,019 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Processing INSTALL items
2016-01-22 11:51:08,020 [pool-1-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Submitting download task for 'fs2_open_3.7.2.7z'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,020 [pool-1-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Submitting download task for 'Launcher55g.zip'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,021 [pool-1-thread-3] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Installing 'fs2_open_3.7.2.7z'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,021 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-22 11:51:08,021 [pool-1-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Submitting download task for 'mod.ini'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,021 [pool-1-thread-4] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Installing 'Launcher55g.zip'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,021 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-22 11:51:08,021 [pool-1-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Submitting download task for 'FS2.bmp'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,021 [pool-1-thread-5] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Installing 'mod.ini'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,022 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-22 11:51:08,022 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://scp.fsmods.net/builds/WIN/fs2_open_3.7.2.7z'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,022 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://www.fsoinstaller.com/files/installer/java/mod.ini'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,022 [pool-1-thread-6] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Installing 'FS2.bmp'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,022 [pool-1-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Submitting download task for 'scptrackir.zip'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,022 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-22 11:51:08,022 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://scp.indiegames.us/builds/Launcher55g.zip'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,022 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://www.fsoinstaller.com/files/installer/java/FS2.bmp'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,022 [pool-1-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Waiting for all files to complete...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,023 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Installing 'scptrackir.zip'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,023 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-22 11:51:08,023 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://scp.fsmods.net/builds/scptrackir.zip'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,053 [pool-1-thread-4] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from http://scp.indiegames.us/builds/Launcher55g.zip to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-22 11:51:08,053 [pool-1-thread-3] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from http://scp.fsmods.net/builds/WIN/fs2_open_3.7.2.7z to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-22 11:51:08,053 [pool-1-thread-5] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading from http://www.fsoinstaller.com/files/installer/java/mod.ini to local file /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/mod.ini
2016-01-22 11:51:08,123 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,126 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,156 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to file...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,156 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,156 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening input and output streams...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,190 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/mod.ini
2016-01-22 11:51:08,190 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-22 11:51:08,191 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,191 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-22 11:51:08,191 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,191 [pool-1-thread-5] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,191 [pool-1-thread-5] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - File 'mod.ini' was successful
2016-01-22 11:51:08,191 [pool-1-thread-5] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This marks 1 file out of 5
2016-01-22 11:51:08,191 [pool-1-thread-6] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading from http://www.fsoinstaller.com/files/installer/java/FS2.bmp to local file /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/FS2.bmp
2016-01-22 11:51:08,193 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,193 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,260 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,260 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,262 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to file...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,262 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,262 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening input and output streams...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,294 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/FS2.bmp
2016-01-22 11:51:08,294 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-22 11:51:08,295 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,334 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,334 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,358 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'Launcher.exe'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,358 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,359 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening extractor...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,360 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,361 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/Launcher.exe
2016-01-22 11:51:08,361 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-22 11:51:08,361 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,361 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,400 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-22 11:51:08,400 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,401 [pool-1-thread-6] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,401 [pool-1-thread-6] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - File 'FS2.bmp' was successful
2016-01-22 11:51:08,401 [pool-1-thread-6] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This marks 2 files out of 5
2016-01-22 11:51:08,401 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from http://scp.fsmods.net/builds/scptrackir.zip to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-22 11:51:08,430 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,486 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fred2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.pdb'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,486 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,487 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fs2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.pdb'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,487 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,487 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fred2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.map'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,487 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,487 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fs2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.map'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,488 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fred2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.exe'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,488 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,489 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fred2_open_3_7_2.exe'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,489 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,489 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fs2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.exe'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,489 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,490 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'fs2_open_3_7_2.exe'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,490 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,490 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening extractor...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,490 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing old input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,490 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,531 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-22 11:51:08,531 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,532 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing archive...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,532 [pool-1-thread-4] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,532 [pool-1-thread-4] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - File 'Launcher55g.zip' was successful
2016-01-22 11:51:08,532 [pool-1-thread-4] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This marks 3 files out of 5
2016-01-22 11:51:08,550 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,550 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,642 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'scptrackir.dll'
2016-01-22 11:51:08,642 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,643 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening extractor...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,643 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,643 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/scptrackir.dll
2016-01-22 11:51:08,643 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-22 11:51:08,644 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,644 [pool-1-thread-8] WARN  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Extraction failed due to unknown compression method!
2016-01-22 11:51:08,644 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:08,644 [pool-1-thread-8] ERROR com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - An exception was thrown during download!
net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZipException: HRESULT: 0x1 (FALSE). Error extracting 1 element(s). Result: 1
at net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.impl.InArchiveImpl.extract(InArchiveImpl.java:99)
at com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader.downloadFromArchive(Downloader.java:438)
at com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader.download0(Downloader.java:216)
at com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem$6.call(InstallItem.java:790)
at com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader$2.setOperationResult(Downloader.java:687)
... 13 more

2016-01-22 11:51:08,644 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-22 11:51:08,645 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://scp.indiegames.us/builds/scptrackir.zip'
2016-01-22 11:51:14,249 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:14,250 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fred2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.pdb
2016-01-22 11:51:14,250 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-22 11:51:14,250 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-22 11:51:17,897 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from http://scp.indiegames.us/builds/scptrackir.zip to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-22 11:51:17,977 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-22 11:51:17,977 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:18,050 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'scptrackir.dll'
2016-01-22 11:51:18,050 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-22 11:51:18,050 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening extractor...
2016-01-22 11:51:18,050 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:18,051 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/scptrackir.dll
2016-01-22 11:51:18,051 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-22 11:51:18,051 [pool-1-thread-8] WARN  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Extraction failed due to unknown compression method!
2016-01-22 11:51:18,051 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:18,051 [pool-1-thread-8] ERROR com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - An exception was thrown during download!
net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZipException: HRESULT: 0x1 (FALSE). Error extracting 1 element(s). Result: 1
at com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader.downloadFromArchive(Downloader.java:438)
at com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader$2.setOperationResult(Downloader.java:687)
... 13 more

2016-01-22 11:51:18,051 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Obtaining URL
2016-01-22 11:51:18,051 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Beginning download from 'http://swc.fs2downloads.com/builds/scptrackir.zip'
2016-01-22 11:51:18,700 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-22 11:51:18,700 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:18,707 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:18,708 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fs2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.pdb
2016-01-22 11:51:18,708 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-22 11:51:18,708 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-22 11:51:20,863 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading and extracting from http://swc.fs2downloads.com/builds/scptrackir.zip to local directory /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2
2016-01-22 11:51:20,916 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to archive...
2016-01-22 11:51:20,916 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening new input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:20,982 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking entry 'scptrackir.dll'
2016-01-22 11:51:20,982 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-01-22 11:51:20,983 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening extractor...
2016-01-22 11:51:20,983 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:20,984 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/scptrackir.dll
2016-01-22 11:51:20,984 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-22 11:51:20,984 [pool-1-thread-8] WARN  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Extraction failed due to unknown compression method!
2016-01-22 11:51:20,984 [pool-1-thread-8] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:20,985 [pool-1-thread-8] ERROR com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - An exception was thrown during download!
... 13 more

2016-01-22 11:51:20,986 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - File 'scptrackir.zip' was unsuccessful
2016-01-22 11:51:20,986 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This marks 4 files out of 5
2016-01-22 11:51:22,865 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-22 11:51:22,865 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:22,872 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:22,873 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fred2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.map
2016-01-22 11:51:22,873 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-22 11:51:22,873 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-22 11:51:23,298 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-22 11:51:23,298 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:23,315 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:23,315 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fs2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.map
2016-01-22 11:51:23,315 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-22 11:51:23,315 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-22 11:51:23,347 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-22 11:51:23,347 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:28,590 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:28,592 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fred2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.exe
2016-01-22 11:51:28,592 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-22 11:51:28,592 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-22 11:51:28,652 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-22 11:51:28,652 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:28,659 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:28,668 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fred2_open_3_7_2.exe
2016-01-22 11:51:28,668 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-22 11:51:28,668 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-22 11:51:28,697 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-22 11:51:28,697 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:28,701 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:28,702 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fs2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.exe
2016-01-22 11:51:28,702 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-22 11:51:28,702 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-22 11:51:31,363 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-22 11:51:31,363 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:31,370 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:31,370 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: /Users/cliff.gordon/FreeSpace2/fs2_open_3_7_2.exe
2016-01-22 11:51:31,370 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - local file not found; creating it
2016-01-22 11:51:31,370 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-01-22 11:51:31,409 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-01-22 11:51:31,409 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:31,416 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing archive...
2016-01-22 11:51:31,416 [pool-1-thread-3] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing input stream...
2016-01-22 11:51:31,416 [pool-1-thread-3] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - File 'fs2_open_3.7.2.7z' was successful
2016-01-22 11:51:31,416 [pool-1-thread-3] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This marks 5 files out of 5
2016-01-22 11:51:31,416 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - All files have completed!
2016-01-22 11:51:31,416 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - This marks 4 successful out of 5
2016-01-22 11:51:31,417 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.wizard.InstallItem - Processing is complete; alerting listeners...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hang on.  Did you run this most recent test on your Mac at work?  In the previous post you said Mac log, now you say Windows log.

The reason I sent you the old-binding version is to test the binding compatibility on the Mac, as you suggested.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Same setup as the previous report.  The problem happened on the mac while downloading the windows build.  May not actually be something people do, but I figured it should still be able to download/extract all the files anyway, but it can't handle the trackir dll for some reason.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
After running your last test build this morning, not only did the Mac and Linux builds extract successfully alongside each other, but the scptrackir.zip extracted successfully as well, so I have the scptrackir.dll file.  I will try to re-download that and make sure it wasn't a transient success (?), but that was very promising.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Oh.  Well, cool.  :)  Now I think I know what the problem was.  It would have been a side-effect of the regression fix to the regression fix to the regression for extracting .tgz files. :sigh:  While I was working on the parallel extraction fix for Mac and Linux builds, I noticed and patched a potential trouble spot, and that must have been the cause of the scptrackir.dll error.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Haven't gotten around to doing followup testing, will try to do that today.