Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
« Last post by Det. Bullock on March 23, 2018, 05:46:12 pm »
So, carrying on with my modern cartoon spree in the last couple of weeks I have been watching Star vs The Forces of Evil
It’s kind of funny that of the three modern cartoon series I have watched recently the one that feels more “Disney” is from Cartoon Network (Star and Gravity Falls are both from Disney).
Star has a bit of a dreamworks/shrek vibe early on with all that comically invincible princess prone to ridiculous collateral damage paired with and OCD kid that would like to pass as a “bad boy” and fails utterly at it, but half-way through the first season (it seems to be a pattern with these cartoons) it starts to gradually become more serious and more straight fantasy with a third season (still running) that basically drops all the “fish out of water” stuff entirely for the protagonist and relegates it to the sidekick.
It’s also interesting that instead of killing off the initial joke villain (like in Star Wars Rebels) they somewhat make him into a sort of tragic figure.
There is also a very “does this remind you of anything” thing going on with the lore of the fantasy world in question, in one episode in particular the paralles are really obvious.
And yes, I started following it also because the opening theme is a goddamn earworm and couldn’t get it out of my head since I dared click on that youtube link of TVtropes.

PS: I also discovered that for some reason Star has second billing in the Italian title of the show, while I usually expect random censorship or toning down of stuf in basically any cartoon here this downplaying of the female lead is something I don’t remember ever happening here, especially considering that there isn’t really the same “Disney is for girls” attitude of the US and UK here.
FreeSpace Conversion / Re: fs port Multiplayer
« Last post by Goober5000 on March 23, 2018, 05:41:20 pm »
There isn't any way to filter out the FS2 multiplayer missions if you're not playing a FS2-compatible mod.  This would require a FSO feature along the lines of #Ignored Campaign File Names.

EDIT: I have opened a GitHub issue for this.
Gaming Discussion / Re: Your First (Non-Console) Gaming Experience
« Last post by DefCynodont119 on March 23, 2018, 04:27:23 pm »
Well, you asked for it.  :drevil:

The VERY First games I ever played were Disney's Winnie the Pooh Preschool, Disney's Winnie the Pooh Toddler, Lego Loco, and HW: Stunt Track Driver.

Needless to say, I was Introduced to the Computer when I was young.  :p

The Humongous and Tonka games fit somewhere in there too.
« Last post by Novachen on March 23, 2018, 02:24:03 pm »
Well, i created such dummy package now.

You have only to extract this into the FSPort folder.

This one deactivates all Multiplayer missions that are part of Freespace 2, the MediaVPs and FreeSpace 2's multi-mission package.

The only FS2 remnants that are still visible in the Multiplayer menu are the three Freespace 2 Multiplayer Campaigns. But i edited the campaign description to make clear, that they are not working. Aswell these campaign files do not contain any missions.

FSPort Multiplayer missions that uses the same file names are unaffected by these changes, because the VP in this archive is loaded before the fsport-missions.vp which so have a higher priority.

Of course, any custom FS2 Multiplayer mission that was not part of the three beforementioned packages is still selectable in the Multiplayer menu.
« Last post by TechnoD11 on March 23, 2018, 02:22:40 pm »
I have never in my life owned a console, handheld or otherwise.
Actually, my gaming experience is remarkably similar to that of Mongoose's
My parents were big into gaming when I was younger, we had several machines - compaq armada, gateway 2000, and another machine my father built.
Pentium II and III mostly. This was around 2001-2002. I think I still have some of the original 40GB IDE drives lying around somewhere in the basement...
Parents were big into Descent and would do LAN games together (course I didn't know what that was since I was maybe 6 years old :P)
My first games were Frogger (1997 Hasbro version) Frogger 2, and Rayman. A year or so later I too, along with my brother, were playing Descent (and II and III).
Also started playing racing games, NFS Hot Pursuit and some Nascar game I can't remember. I soon found FS and FS2 and played those, I think when I was around 13-14 years old.
As I grew up, my parents upgraded our machines and we were soon playing BF 1942, 2, and 2142.
Around 2012 I found out about World of Tanks and proceeded to sink too much time into that....
And in 2013 I found you all here on HLP and got back into FS2 again.  :P
« Last post by Mikes on March 23, 2018, 02:11:04 pm »

Eye of the Beholder 2:

Xenon 2: (The title screen music kinda burnt out your brain back in the day  .......... PC speaker for the win LOL)

Falcon AT:

Wing Commander:
Wings of Dawn / Re: A WoD dev blog
« Last post by Spoon on March 23, 2018, 01:46:33 pm »
Im semi decent at fredding, would you be willing to send me a simple made up task for me to do to show you that i could be useful?
I appreciate the offer to help, but when it comes to Fred things I'm not currently looking for additional help. Delegating missions and such to others is tricky (to me) for a bunch of reasons. Plus the majority of episode 2's missions are done at this point and the ones that still need making, are missions I'd really have to do myself regardless.

(What I'll need soonish™ are playtesters though, and I do think that having FRED experience helps with that)
« Last post by Novachen on March 23, 2018, 10:35:55 am »
As far as i know, no. Unfortunately not.

Maybe you could rid of all the Team and FS2 Coop missions in the selection menu aside from the MP Campaign menu, if you create a Campaign file with all FS2 Team and Coop missions respectively.
But that require that the MP missions are working the same as SP missions and so are not selectable alone if they are part of an campaign. Actually i do not rememeber.

But there is no way to get rid of the FS2 Dogfight missions, because they can not be part of an campaign file.

EDIT: No, even that is not working. All missions that are part of an MP campaign are selectable alone, too.  :(
So well.. the only chance to get rid of them i see, is a package full of dummy files, that have only the same file names as the FS2 (and its multiplayer package) Multiplayer missions.

Actually i have another problems with the current behavior, too. Because i can not use any Debug build with a translation, because i get countless error messages about too long text entries, because the FS2 MP missions use tstring ids i changed.
FreeSpace Conversion / fs port Multiplayer
« Last post by ShivanSpS on March 23, 2018, 09:43:46 am »
I have one issue here, when i attempt to play multiplayer, i still have listed all FS2 missions, and its just one big MESS, there is any way to avoid this?
The FRED Workshop / Re: Incredibly Basic Questions
« Last post by karajorma on March 23, 2018, 04:59:34 am »
Yeah, I was wondering if the game would decide that stay-near required no action so they'd go on to the next one that did. Oh well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10