Author Topic: Without even being prodded  (Read 16024 times)

Please tell me the paint job is different... dear God, I hate that paint job...
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Kosh
I seriously hope you guys got rid of the Vesuvius. No offence Aldo, but I didn't like at all when it made its appearence in Inferno.

I don't like it either; that's why i started yon HTL version....at one point after I abandoned Reci I was just going to produce HTL versions of my older models that I knew were being used by campaigns.

(NB: did I ever UV that thing?)

Still might remake the Valk 2 i the new year, natch.  We shall see.......

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
who is making these skyboxes?
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Moonsword
Please tell me the paint job is different... dear God, I hate that paint job...

As I said It will have one of DaBrain's textures on it. All you're seeing there is the basic colouring Aldo would hav given it while modelling it. :)

Originally posted by aldo_14
(NB: did I ever UV that thing?)

Still might remake the Valk 2 i the new year, natch.  We shall see.......

Yep. You UV'd it. That's why we're still using it. At the moment while we have modellers and a texturer no one on the team can UV map (Well Fractux can but he doesn't have that much free time).

Originally posted by ShadowWolf_IH
who is making these skyboxes?

CannonFodder is responsible for those. :) Apparently though that one isn't good enough so he's working on a new one :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Roanoke

Originally posted by karajorma
At the moment while we have modellers and a texturer no one on the team can UV map (Well Fractux can but he doesn't have that much free time).

A thankless task in IMO. Only people who notice a decent UV job are modelers. A poor UV effort is plain to see to anyone.

Karajorma, that's not the paintjob, that's the model.  I'm not talking about the model.  Heck, it looks good.

I'm talking about that god-awful paintjob it had in Inferno R1.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I'm talking about the model and the paintjob. :p
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Bah.  

I tried for a bit of original colouring and it just gets blown back in me face.......... (had I got round to it, I would have ket that same colour scheme for the Ves, y'know - how many other red ships are there?)

Lots and lots of them.  They all have 'Shivan' stenciled on the side.
 - Albert Einstein

- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
They're black + red

and shivans don't count :p

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Without even being prodded
Originally posted by karajorma
Imagine this

With one of DaBrain's textures on it.

I'm back from holidays. Looks like I've work to do. ;)
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------