Author Topic: RERERERERELEASE: Just Another Day Collector's Edition  (Read 42748 times)

Re: RERERERERELEASE: Just Another Day Collector's Edition
well than i may wait then for a fix for jad:ce then. thanks for helping.

Offline Axem

Well try this table then for JAD:CE. It's pretty easy issue to address.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

ok i put it in JAD/data/tables

it did not work. it still just hear the message sounds.

edit: does it work on your end?
edit2: i tried the other one and the same result. works for jad2.2 but not this one. odd
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:23:34 am by avid4545 »

Offline Axem

That is really odd. Because its nearly the same table, except the #Simulated Speech Overrides just lists the only voice file I use and it refers to the original head animations.

well something is preventing TTS from working, but what could it be?
i do remember reading somewhere that TTS was hard coded to only use two specific sound files to know when it is a dialog sound, and not use TTS.

i could be wrong (likely). i don't know anything about modding.

the only thing i can think it could be a error in the table that makes it not work.

thanks i hope this helps

edit: i played a few missions and on the 3 mission when bosh says "burn baby burn" i hear the TTS but that is it so far.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:11:42 pm by avid4545 »

ok i sort of fixed it, after hearing it work when bosh says "burn baby burn i realized for some reason your incoming message sound file was somehow preventing it from working. so i did some research and found out how to remove it, and it works. don't know why but it does. well if you can find a better solution (i hope so) i will haply replace my makeshift solution.

thanks for all the help, i really appreciate all the hard work you put into your mod.

ps.sorry for the double post.

Offline Axem

Okay, when I get some time I'll take a closer look at this problem and see if maybe there's a problem with the code not doing the job correctly.