Author Topic: More Resolution *.exe for MCG?  (Read 588 times)

More Resolution *.exe for MCG?
This goes right into direction of magic, a MCG-DH-v3.0 user asked me for more Desktop-Resolutions. In his matter it would be 1.024x600 resolution (Widescreen for Netbooks). But it´s not the first request for different resolutions i´ve got. I would like to make/get some more MCXResolution.exe files like shown here:
I was asked / thought about these additional resolutions for In-Mission graphics:
1.024x600 (WSVGA) -> most wanted
1.152x768 -> low priority
1.280x800 (WXGA) -> several request
800x480 (WVGA) -> just for fun / older systems
If i ask - is it possible to create those - or maybe giving me a tutorial at hand how to get those changes done myself in order to enlarge the visual broadband MCG has to offer?

Regards RizZ
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 05:53:58 pm by RizZen »
If you can take it, don´t ask!
If it´s in your way, knock it down.
If it fights back, exterminate!

Offline magic

Re: More Resolution *.exe for MCG?
I have written somewhere how it is done...
Will try to find...

FADAMNtastic! I owe you a cold one...

Ehhm I don't wanna be impatient but ... knock knock? Just few hints would be helpful...

Offline magic

Its all about changing contents of two addresses with hex editor.

I cant remember, sorry... (nor I can find it...)

Okay - but may you remember if possibly the correct figures are used in these lines? I can maybe find the code-part when i know a rather direction where to search - such like it was in the beginning/end of the document - would be helping very much.
What also would help when you may try to ask brain cells again and maybe can recover a hint - is 1024 = 0400 or 0004 ? - are the values stored crypted like numbers of other things in game? - Sry to give all those questions - but being able to make these changes personally would allow me to offer a never existent before bandbroad of new resolutions to play for ALL monitors. So ANY - I mean ANY THING you remember may help me to do the changes myself - like i´ve done to the whole game version before.

BTW you became one of my FAVOURITE ingame mech pilots ^^