Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
The FreeSpace Upgrade Project / Re: Cutscene Upgrade [RELEASE: EndGame (FS1)]
« Last post by mjn.mixael on December 10, 2017, 07:52:23 pm »
Yeah, I'm not recreating Lt. Ash directly. That black "eyeliner" was an ugly attempt at eyelashes back in the late 90s. Mine has actual modelled eyelashes. Volition barely animated the actual facial features at all, especially leaving the eyes permanently wide open. You try doing that for more than a few seconds and see how it works.

I've spent a good deal of time in front of the mirror trying out Ash's features to match what makes sense and to fix what's weird. In my version his eyes actually widen when he yells for help and other things. Watch the original when he yells "ANYONE PLEASE?!". His face is static. I've changed that, reserving wide eyes and brows up for those moments.
« Last post by Trivial Psychic on December 10, 2017, 07:40:22 pm »
The eyes don't give the same panic that those of Lt. Ash in the original do.  For one, there's kind of a black eye-liner on the upper lid, also his eyes are more open, with a higher arch on the top than the bottom.

Lookin' good otherwise.
« Last post by mjn.mixael on December 10, 2017, 07:24:03 pm »
2nd run animation check. Some things to fix. Some things work well!

Nightly Builds / Re: Nightly: 06 December 2017 - Revision 8168099
« Last post by Trivial Psychic on December 10, 2017, 07:22:45 pm »
OK.  First of all, you can detect the lighting issue even in the lab, so I don't have to worry about loading a mission.  I've found that FS2+MVP2014 doesn't have this issue.  Port3.5 Base doesn't either.  However, Port3.5+PortMVP3.5 does.

I've included a few screenshots to show the difference.  One is under 12/06, while the other us 10/31.  Both are using Port3.5+PortMVP3.5.  I've also included the up-detailed Apollo and Scarab, and their map files.
General Discussion / Re: Net Neutrality
« Last post by -Joshua- on December 10, 2017, 06:52:30 pm »
Teeheehee
Exile / Re: Exile - Discussion
« Last post by Nyctaeus on December 10, 2017, 06:04:17 pm »
If you refer to first comm node, it's been weakned especially for players who hate shoothing at single target for minute or two. For the rest, you have two wings of fighters to help you destroy all tougher targets without shooting everything for too long time. Besides, all shivan utility ships are optional targets. You are not required to do everything you have on your directive list, but... Well, you can.

Also you have bomber wing to deal with targets you weren't able to take down with firepower you had. Protecting them is essential for faster, and more effective progress... And there is artillery frigate. Keep her safe and she will deal with everything, including comm nodes. You are not ill-equipped for this mission. You are just not supposed to blow up whole shivan depot alone. This mission is tacical. You have to manage your wingman to achieve your goals and destroying all targets in depot is supposed to be harder.

Official advice: Leave comm nodes. Focus on destroying other targets. Akka or bombers will deal with them.
In fact Comm Nodes are supposed to be something like "this crap is too hard!"... And suddently reinfocements become available :].

Majority of missions in Exile are intuitive, linear and with simple goals. But this one is not. We are aware that this kind of mission may be difficult for players, so this is basicly the only tactical one we decided to include.
FreeSpace Discussion / Re: Windmills
« Last post by PVD_Hope on December 10, 2017, 05:05:44 pm »
Hey thanks!
The FreeSpace Upgrade Project / Re: GVEP Ra [WIP]
« Last post by Oddgrim on December 10, 2017, 05:03:43 pm »

...and the man who hipolified whole vasudan fleet is about to finish his job. It's a titanic effort, man! And every single model is a piece of art.

Including this :D! Simple, elegant upgrade. That's what I like!

Well thanks a lot for the praise!, buut kinda did not do the whole vasudan armada, just the small ships o_o

I think we all need to perform a standing ovation in honor of Oddgrim being such a badass.

Its not done yet, I do not deserve! :p

Looks cool.

Cheers!

The moon MUST be preserved

Give thanks/blame to mjn for this  ;)

FreeSpace Discussion / Re: Windmills
« Last post by tomimaki on December 10, 2017, 04:41:07 pm »
FS2 Open Tools / Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.7.1 (combined launcher/installer)
« Last post by ngld on December 10, 2017, 04:33:19 pm »
@Bryan See: That's a bug. I'll fix it in the next version but you can try the following workaround: Go to your base folder (the one you selected during the first run) and create a directory named after your mod's ID next to the FS2 and bin directories. Now you should be able to create your TC in Knossos.

@xenocartographer: Did you try clicking on OK? Afterwards it should check all selected mods (even those which are marked as installed) and install any missing files. A better solution would be to modify the "Verify file integrity" option to ask if Knossos should repair damaged or missing files if those were detected. That probably makes more sense than going through the installation dialog a second time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10