Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >
How do people keep FALLING FOR THIS ****.

For my part, I'm watching trash movies quite regular. Makes me laugh and enjoy the good stuff more.

Besides that, it's quite entertaining to read. :D
How do people keep FALLING FOR THIS ****.
I hope so! Elseway all players have to starve!
I'd consider that a win.
Scripting Releases / Re: Custom Wingmen HUD Gauge v1.1
« Last post by wookieejedi on October 15, 2018, 07:22:31 pm »
Thanks! Just so I can better address your suggestion, are you referring the the color contrast on the dots, or the color contrast on the text?

I meant the "high contrast" toggle that you can bind to a key for use in-mission that makes the entire HUD brighter.  Right now the custom wingmen gauge is always at full brightness even when the rest of the HUD is at lower brightness.  Like I said, it's a super minor detail (especially since I always toggle the HUD to full brightness anyway).

Oh I had completely forgotten about that! Let me see what I can do! (Hopefully there is a scripting hook that can tell when it is set.)
FreeSpace Discussion / Re: Freespace 2 Audio Clips
« Last post by Charismatic on October 15, 2018, 06:47:24 pm »
Why does it sound like the last .5 second of each clip is cut off?
Edit: Thanks @Nightmare @Asteroth
General Discussion / Re: Be my PC doctor
« Last post by [DW]-Hunter on October 15, 2018, 06:46:52 pm »
Guys, he has 4 sticks (2x kits of 2x8, for 4x8) hence my suspicion of memory timings; it becomes harder to maintain timings with more sticks if I understand correctly?   Someone else here probably knows this in more depth than I do.

EDIT: Are these timings tight enough for the matched pairs to need to be in the same bank (as in, if the sticks are not matched into the same banks)?

Parts to consider:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820236442&cm_re=corsair_rgb_c14-_-20-236-442-_-Product

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181139&cm_re=corsair_h150i_pro-_-35-181-139-_-Product

FreeSpace Discussion / Re: Bunch of archived FS Fan Fiction from 2006
« Last post by Novachen on October 15, 2018, 06:31:17 pm »
Well, you could look into the Fan fiction archive that is present on FreeSpaceFiles.

At least there are 86 stories... well or chapters. But there seems to be some stories that are not listed in the opening post :)

EDIT:
And well, there are actually 14 other chapters of FreeSpace 2: Devestation ;)
Scripting Releases / Re: Custom Wingmen HUD Gauge v1.1
« Last post by theperfectdrugsk on October 15, 2018, 06:26:55 pm »
Thanks! Just so I can better address your suggestion, are you referring the the color contrast on the dots, or the color contrast on the text?

I meant the "high contrast" toggle that you can bind to a key for use in-mission that makes the entire HUD brighter.  Right now the custom wingmen gauge is always at full brightness even when the rest of the HUD is at lower brightness.  Like I said, it's a super minor detail (especially since I always toggle the HUD to full brightness anyway).
The FRED Workshop / Re: [WIP] SHATTERED STARS ACT 0 (DEMO)
« Last post by Novachen on October 15, 2018, 06:21:59 pm »
Well in the end there are several branching campaigns for Freespace.

In Pandora's Box there were three mission trees that were reachable by an SOC choice during the campaign.

The never finished Unholy Alliance had a very complex mission tree that was only reachable through mission objectives. AFAIK it is the longest campaign in Freespace with a mission tree as it has already 40+ missions in its unfinished state.

Campaigns like Crucible were also a branching ones, but only used a sequential campaign for that. It did not have a mission tree, but used countless of events that refers to events in the previous missions which actually change the whole story and missions in the later campaign.

Actually i think that this kind of branching is much better instead to create a ton of unique missions most of the players will never play.

FreeSpace: The Great War was also a branching campaign in the same way, because events in one mission had sometimes it's effect in the next mission. If the Mecross goes down in Exodus, it can not help you at the defense of the Hope... and if you lose the Hope the Pinnacle will be present in the next mission. Actually i am curious about how many players have continued the campaign after the Hope was destroyed in "Last Hope".

Actually i am not sure if FreeSpace 2 have any other branching events except "How many beams have the Sathanas in 'High Noon'?"
FreeSpace Discussion / Re: Freespace 2 Audio Clips
« Last post by Nightmare on October 15, 2018, 06:19:33 pm »
FSMods is online again, it used to have an entire section for VP tools.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >