Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Frontlines / Re: [RELEASE] - Frontlines 2334
« Last post by mjn.mixael on July 19, 2018, 06:56:59 pm »
Just FYI, the Frontlines issues on Knossos have been fixed.

Black Wolf, if you create a Knossos account I'll set you as owner of Frontlines as I'm the one that uploaded it to Knossos.
The FreeSpace Upgrade Project / Re: The HTL Sath is broken
« Last post by mjn.mixael on July 19, 2018, 06:50:01 pm »
oh, i see what you're saying. That should be an easy fix then, assuming that the retail table is correct and applies a weapon to turrets 49/50 properly.
The FreeSpace Upgrade Project / Re: Current MV Assets Thread
« Last post by Nightmare on July 19, 2018, 06:10:53 pm »
Updation, por favor? It's been half a decade since the OP has been edited, some ships that weren't even mentioned (Setekh) are already part of the 2014 release, several got done in the meantime and others that are listed as WIP never surfaced (Demon). If the list is considered not necessary anymore for some reason, it could be unstickied then.
FreeSpace Conversion / Re: RELEASE: Deneb III
« Last post by Nightmare on July 19, 2018, 06:04:10 pm »
Or they were able to close the doors to the fighterbay, and only opened them when tons of Scorpions came out.
« Last post by Goober5000 on July 19, 2018, 05:35:10 pm »
That's an interesting thought.  But IIRC in retail FS1 you just bounced off the opening.  Maybe there are force fields there.
« Last post by Nightmare on July 19, 2018, 05:20:30 pm »
Why didn't they just fly into Lucys fighterbays... Vasudans did kamikaze in the past, they could've done something useful...
« Last post by Nightmare on July 19, 2018, 05:17:05 pm »
I'm no expert at TBMs but these 2 turrets are the only ones that alter $Default PBanks: ( "Long Range Flak" ), while all other turrets only have the animation code added, such as from the Mephisto:

Code: [Select]
$Name: SFr Mephisto
+nocreate
$Subsystem: turret01, 2, 1.0
$Turret Reset Delay: 15000
$Flags: ( "reset when idle" )
$animation: triggered
$type: initial
+relative_angle: 70, 0, 0

There are other ones which edit "$Default PBanks:", but they add weapons which are included in the MVPs by default such as Piranha#Shivan.
« Last post by Goober5000 on July 19, 2018, 05:11:20 pm »
That's a fair criticism.  But this particular concept was based on statements from Volition that the SD Lucifer was not invulnerable per se, merely that the Terrans and Vasudans didn't have weapons powerful enough to damage it.  I decided that for the purposes of this campaign, the Harbinger was just on the ragged edge of being powerful enough.

(Of course, once you have the ability to bypass shields using beams, the use of conventional weapons to damage them becomes a moot point.)
« Last post by mjn.mixael on July 19, 2018, 05:08:42 pm »
New MediaVPs? Sweet!

Haven't got a fixed Sath POF, but there's a minor issues with its table as well.  mv_assets-shp.tbm adds the Long Range Flak to Turret 49 and 50 again, so whenever said weapon is removed from the original weapons.tbl the Sath will have 2 missing weapons.

That's just something that will affect all mods using many mediavps ships. I've long wanted a +nocreate variant +remote or something.. but for now the only solution is to replace mv_assets-ship.tbm with your mod's own version. Unless, of course, I'm forgetting something and turret 49/50 aren't in retail or supposed to be flak.
FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP) / Re: High Res Interfaces?
« Last post by mjn.mixael on July 19, 2018, 03:56:45 pm »
From the tutorial file it looks like I should be able to select something (fonts?) and press Apply. In game all I get is the Apply button. Is that correct?

Additionally, how did you get that apply button to work like that? It's a single image file. There are a few lines that jump out as possible ways you told the RML to use just a portion of the image.. just looking for clarification. This feels like I need to reverse engineer this to be able to try and build something new.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10