Author Topic: How to destroy the GTC Epigoni?  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Valrog

How to destroy the GTC Epigoni?
EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention that this is regarding The Sicilian Defense

Were you able to destroy the GTC Epigoni? If so, how did you pull it off?

It remains on the battlefield for like 5 seconds, and it has got so many turrets. By the time I destroy some turrets to approach, it warps out with around 33% hull integrity before I can destroy it. Even with the Hyksos pounding on it, it survives, as I have only enough time to hit it with a single volley of double-cyclops torpedoes after disarming it.

I took an Ursa bomber with the following loadout:

Primaries:
Both banks: (5x)Prometheus-S (Acheton requires me to get too close to Aeolus cruisers)

Secondaries:
5x Cyclops
5x Cyclops
10x Stilleto II

I was even fully-loaded and waited for the ship to warp in. It has too many engines to try to disable it - I need to destroy it before it can warp out.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 12:19:08 pm by Valrog »

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: How to destroy the GTC Epigoni?
It would be very helpful to know which campaign this is about....
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Valrog

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is regarding The Sicilian Defense in the FreeSpace 2 main campaign.

Did you already tried the "Attack my target" command?

Actually you do not need to disarm it... you should have enough time to approach it once and to fire two banks of Cyclops right near it...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 12:34:18 pm by Deepstar »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
IIRC I got every ship in that mission on Insane. I think the key is to Stiletto everything. You can get enough engine shots off to pin her down.

Offline Valrog

Thanks, folks! I will try your advice :)

IIRC I got every ship in that mission on Insane. I think the key is to Stiletto everything. You can get enough engine shots off to pin her down.

P.S. Wow, I can't imagine playing this on Insane. I'm having enough trouble as it is on Normal. :banghead:

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
If I remember correctly, Epigoni was the ship I rammed to death  ;) , after some Cyclops' destroying its engines, its not so hard, a Sobek can easily deal with it.
Crush the NTF-Conflict Zone
One last war, one last hope, one last survival-Final Destination On Delay
Set free from the GTVA-Liberation Wars On Delay