Author Topic: HTL Iceni  (Read 133061 times)

Very oddly the ship is reacting as if it's being lit from the front despite the fact that the star is as a 90 degree angle to it. Someone else should better have a look tho 'cos I've just had a reinstall and I'm still working out some bugs in it so that could just be me. The Turrets appear to be fine tho. It's just the main hull.
The needs of my belly, outwiegh the needs of the few.

Offline knn

The last time I used FSO I had worse problems (missing subobjects, no textures, and a strange bug with shinemaps when everything not shiny became invisible) with htl models (except the shinemap thing, which was universal), but it was a cvs build. You could try an older stable build. Anyway, thanks for your help and as a bonus:

"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Maby you should try getting Truespace and then port the max model there using Litium Unwarpper...

It preserves the UV mapping and it allways worked for me...

anyway, if you can't get it to work properly, I might be willing ot give it a try :D
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline knn

That's the method I used before. I hated it.
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline ShivanSpS

lol, you can enter "inside" the ship in any place, just do a run thight it :P

Offline knn

great, I think I'll be installing TS and Lithunwrap   :doubt:

Offline neoterran

i hope you can fix the bugs, but you still did a great job anyway, knn. Keep it up !

Much better than the original Iceni
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Catch-up post!  The flythrough problem is because of the x-form needing to be reset.  The max plugin still doesn't produce 100% stable meshes all the time, but they are usually solid in at least most places.  The downside is that you'll need to unglue everything.  The turrets being in the "wrong" place is because detail-0 needs to be at 0,0,0 though it would still render correctly in game; having it out of place has consequences on other things.

also; I have converted many a mesh without the barrels as a child of the turret.

It works fine unless you want to animate the turret in any way.  You need to make it a child if you can possibly help it, though the turret code itself seems to compensate if it's not.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline knn

Resetting the xform completely brakes turret positions, orientations and the scale of the big barrels. I'd rather use truespace than fix that. However it doesn't do anything to detail0. I fixed some turret locations, so I'm uploading a new version.
http://files.filefront.com/corvette2r_01fixedrar/;5141962;;/fileinfo.html

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Unglue everything, reset x-form on all the pieces, and glue it back up.  It's a pain, but it's necessary.  You learn to do that first eventually.

EDIT: Link, not glue.  That's Truespace terminology.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 11:34:18 pm by StratComm »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
When it's done.

= never

= bulls**t.

You've obviously never heard of Ambrosia Software. They finish things that don't have a release date all the time. Whenever they get asked when something will be released, the answer is always, "When it's done." And they make some damn good games, too.
Example: the Escape Velocity series
;D

BTW, I love that Iceni.
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline neoterran

Is the Iceni's unshiny side going to be fixed at some point ?
Chief Grognard.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
probably not.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline neoterran

so whatever happened with this ?
Chief Grognard.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Seriously, I beg SOMEONE, please finish this off!!!!  :(
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Heading for two years now...  :D

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
hey, where is this thing?

we need it in order to make the high-poly installation from mission 2, basically that's the only thing left (apart from the colossus and arcadia) that looks kinda crappy

10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I ate it.

PREP THE EMERGENCY ROOM!
We're gonna need to open this sucker up....

Nurse, it's time to put him to sleep....Hand me that hammer!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I ate it.

PREP THE EMERGENCY ROOM!
We're gonna need to open this sucker up....

Nurse, it's time to put him to sleep....Hand me that hammer!

Just wait for him to crap it out.