Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308222 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: What are you working on?
Because why not?

Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
Oooooooh that looks really nice.
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Cool!  A remake of a remake.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Blade is cool. Blade needs HTL. NuBlade is cool. Amen.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
IT'S ALMOST HAPPENING

Hidden Text: Show

I can not wait to get this out there!

I'm Still polishing it, I gotta make sure it's absolutely ready, Legion's Demise should be out soonish though!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:54:49 pm by DefCynodont119 »
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
IT'S ALMOST HAPPENING

[snip]

I'm Still polishing it, I gotta make sure it's absolutely ready, Legion's Demise should be out soonish though!

Cool!  Can't wait to play it. :)

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
IT'S ALMOST HAPPENING

Looking at this I'm reminded that I never did put a separate download (in the FOW shippack) for the the more detaield Gutted GTD destroyer? (aka Legion).
Should really get around to it.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
IT'S ALMOST HAPPENING

That's cool.

Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Small update:

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip

After a big break, trying to recover some stopped work   :)

Finishing the animations of the rebel pilots, here the first tests.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Looking nice

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Yeah, looks cool! Did you model this guy yourself, or found it and just animated it?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
Yeah, looks cool! Did you model this guy yourself, or found it and just animated it?

The body was ripped from  a video game, i have actually 3 different rebel pilots, maybe there's more on my HD collection....
Model was rigged using MIXAMO web tool, is free and really easy to rig, just you need to adjust some points in the body and it create the final complete rig.  :)

https://www.mixamo.com/#/

About the faces, was created with FaceGen Modeller

Is another nice tool ( not free ), you can create many random faces really easy, and it creates all the morphs needed for animation, expressions, Phonemas...

https://facegen.com/modeller.htm

After that i made the final character mixing the rigged body and the face with his expressions.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

At this stage, no debirs or LOD's, and there's a lack of greebles (I have a separate texture for greebles like escape pods, haches, antenna and random stuff) and nameplate. Textures are very early WIP.
But i werks.

EDIT: Was the limit for turrets always 3 fire points? I thought it was 4?

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
I got my first full-conversion (if you can call it that) mission done.
The whole thing is a bit buggy, but it's got custom weapons, custom sounds (some, not all) and most importantly, custom ships.
I have a video of me playing through it (because I still wouldn't really consider it safe for release...)
The only real issue so far is that the "sabotage subsys" for all engines doesn't want to go off at the very end.

Also, my most recent (and so far, the best one I've done) creation:

Modeled after the 194X Fubuki-class Destroyer (minus the torpedo launchers).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 01:34:30 pm by Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet »
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline LionSGI

• My FreeSpace2 models
hello!

i am working recently on this one:

it has about 15k polys (tris) and 1x 4096x4096 (for the main hull) and 1x 1024x1024x32 (for the superstructure) but i guess i need to add more, because this one is a larger ship (about 150m long)

it has no LODs yet unfortunately, and needs more texture work. it would be better with bumpmap, but i do not know if it is worth the work doing all little things in 3D on this corellian type ship... :)
i also thought of making an EP1-3 mod (i did not saw any, maybe i missed something?) but there are so few blueprints from these ships... i used a front and bottom view blueprint (i could not find any more views) for making this one. if someone has some blueprints (especially of CIS ships) or would like to work on such a mod, please contact me, thanks!
My models: Slave One EP2 , C-70 , C-70 red , Radiant VII , Munificent , Recusant , Providence
If You would like to join this project (Clone Wars mod for FreeSpace2Open), then do not hesitate to contact me; ANY help is welcome

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

Thinking of new ways to utilize the space stations we have for gameplay purposes. I think you can guess what I am planning here :D (hint: there will be no big explosion(s), even the NTF holds to safety standards)

Now I only need to add a few secondary installations and then see how to add sentires. And cargo containers. And cargo moving drones...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:02:45 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Some sort of refuelling station, or refinery?  It looks cool. :)  I especially like the last pylon placed at an angle.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Its the main section of a refuelling station/arsenal.

The raised bit actually was so the fuel tower's lower tanks are nowhere near what would be space through which ships appraoch. Coincidentally it also allows an Orion to fit under there (although it may still hit the fuel tower on account of the turret)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."