Author Topic: Release 3.6.14 Release Candidate 9  (Read 23161 times)

Offline Luis Dias

Re: Release 3.6.14 Release Candidate 9
If this were an android phorum, someone from the iFandom would lurk, shout "fragmentation!!" and leave the thread in rage fury.

I'm cheering for you guys to get it right, but also at awe to the work ahead. Hoping for the best.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
the fact that this thread still doesnt have a single bug posted is a good sign.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
That may be, but I bet that there aren't enough players testing this build to report the bugs either. That seems to happen a lot even before 3.6.14, so I wouldn't expect this to be any different in that regards. People either download cutting edge builds or download official releases.

Offline Yarn

While it's probably not a showstopper, I think it's worth investigating Mantis 2643.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Thanks for the helpful test mission. :yes:  Bug fixed and ported to the 3.6.14 branch.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
While it's probably not a showstopper, I think it's worth investigating Mantis 2643.
And here I was, thinking for the longest of times that it was just me doing something wrong with those icons.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Oh that one...it's been around for ages.
Its rather benign, though.

And here I was, thinking for the longest of times that it was just me doing something wrong with those icons.
How could that be? :P They're generated by the engine XD
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
it's one of those I always assumed someone else have reported it
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
are those still those ugly blockey things or did they come up with a better procedural algorithm for generating them yet? could probibly just use the corners of the model's bbox and the radius to generate a spline and use that to generate the quadrants (generate vector spline, copy and scale it to create two sets of points, use points to generate a tri strip, map tristrip with procedurally generated gradient texture, puke it out to gl when rendering the icon). not as good as a bitmap but better than a box.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:06:39 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Quote from: Spoon
How could that be? :P They're generated by the engine XD
I was thinking that made I did *something* (whatever it could be) wrong with setting up the shields. Or that maybe it was a quirk in the max exporter or something!

are those still those ugly blockey things or did they come up with a better procedural algorithm for generating them yet? could probibly just use the corners of the model's bbox and the radius to generate a spline and use that to generate the quadrants (generate vector spline, copy and scale it to create two sets of points, use points to generate a tri strip, map tristrip with procedurally generated gradient texture, puke it out to gl when rendering the icon). not as good as a bitmap but better than a box.
Sounds you have some good ideas, nuke. Looking forward to your implementation of this!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
3.6.12 was released with some bugs that could have been qualified as serious regressions, this time I guess we were being pickier about not having that be a problem.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline SypheDMar

• Minecraft
I think that's a good thing to consider, but it should've been implemented better.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I think that's a good thing to consider, but it should've been implemented better.
Before anyone (read me) flys off the handle for what that remark seems to imply. Restate your statement using nouns, not pronouns.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Sounds you have some good ideas, nuke. Looking forward to your implementation of this!

i would, if it were a feature i was even remotely interested in using. id just solve the problem by spending 5 minutes in photoshop.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 12:29:17 pm by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Linux builds and source export are up.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline SypheDMar

• Minecraft
Before anyone (read me) flys off the handle for what that remark seems to imply. Restate your statement using nouns, not pronouns.
I apologize for my lack of nouns, and I don't mean to offend anyone.

I meant to say that the idea was good and thoughtful, but it would be nice to have had it out sooner so that we didn't have to wait for over a year for the release build to come out.

Offline HAZARDLEADER

• LOL! A wild derp appears!
  • The lurk god.
I would like to post something I found, apparently when fighters and cap ships go into there wormholes while warping out, they don't go into it, they go thru it. The screenie will show what I am saying.  I'm not sure if this is a bug, or something to do with my video card. Maybe its just the fact that my computer is 7 years old.
I tried the debug app, but it crashed on startup. I'm providing the debug log anyway.
Code: [Select]
==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
Opened log '/Users/layne-o-matic/Library/FS2_Open/data/fs2_open.log', Fri Oct 19 18:15:26 2012 ...
FreeSpace 2 Open version: 3.6.13.9250
Passed cmdline options:
  -fov 1.0
  -missile_lighting
  -glow
  -spec
  -3dshockwave
  -fb_explosions
  -ballistic_gauge
  -dualscanlines
  -orbradar
  -rearm_timer
  -3dwarp
  -ship_choice_3d
  -weapon_choice_3d
  -warp_flash
  -snd_preload
  -mod fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps_3612
  -disable_fbo
  -fps
Building file index...
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport-mediavps/fsport-pit.vp' with a checksum of 0x5c650d0c
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport-mediavps/mv_fsport.vp' with a checksum of 0xe86f1f2e
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/FS1_Patch.vp' with a checksum of 0xd3f01eb5
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/fsport-hi_res.vp' with a checksum of 0x9b3bb212
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/fsport-missions.vp' with a checksum of 0x73018100
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/fsport-Ross128.vp' with a checksum of 0x557b9111
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/fsport3_3.vp' with a checksum of 0x4d97be5e
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/mv_fsport_music.vp' with a checksum of 0xb3fee704
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/odeon_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x6b0eb146
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/sparky_hi_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x09e704a7
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/stu_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0xa75a86ce
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/tango_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x82c24ecf
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/tango_hi1_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0xdafaa088
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/tango_hi2_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x5dc643cb
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/tango_hi3_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x574465ef
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/tango_hi4_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0xade5fc50
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/tango_hi5_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0xe0fd80ae
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/fsport/warble_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x0b608285
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/mediavps_3612/00arcadia.vp' with a checksum of 0xc735f19b
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/mediavps_3612/MV_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0x4b8b0f5a
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/mediavps_3612/MV_AnimGlows.vp' with a checksum of 0x6a554026
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/mediavps_3612/MV_Assets.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x59649c21
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/mediavps_3612/MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x529cc70f
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/mediavps_3612/MV_cockpits.vp' with a checksum of 0xefa17062
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/mediavps_3612/MV_Effects.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c510aa0
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/mediavps_3612/MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xb9a9a485
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/mediavps_3612/MV_RadarIcons.vp' with a checksum of 0x31dd7781
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/mediavps_3612/MV_Root.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x7c9d7e74
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/mediavps_3612/MV_Root.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ffd5c78
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/FS1_Patch.vp' with a checksum of 0xd3f01eb5
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/Root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x9087c512
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack '/Volumes/80G Mini Drive/Freespace/warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
ASSERTION: "max_size > header_offset" at cfile.cpp:1733
Future debug output directed to: /Users/layne-o-matic/Library/FS2_Open/data/fs2_open.log

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
...and from the depths of hell I return with gifts;  one-hundred bucks and a bottle of booze.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I am pretty certain this has cropped up from time to time due to varying reasons, what is your PC spec?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art