Poll

How much would you be willing to contribute towards a joint HLP pledge? ($2500 is the target)

$1
6 (5.6%)
$3
5 (4.7%)
$5
12 (11.2%)
$10
21 (19.6%)
$20
27 (25.2%)
$50
20 (18.7%)
$75
1 (0.9%)
$100
9 (8.4%)
$200
4 (3.7%)
More (Please Post)
2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: This makes me giddy  (Read 70124 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Agreed. While this maybe wouldn't have happened without the Kickstarter, as Niffiwan mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm still pretty pissed off with the guy who ran it. He knew what we were paying for, why we went for the major reason that we did, and failed to deliver.

Should we be considering a complaint to Kickstarter here?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Historically, about 9% of funded Kickstarters fail to deliver their rewards.

Kickstarter itself isn't responsible for any failure to deliver, because it's just a funding platform, not the person or company who is actually delivering the product.  But the creator is legally obligated to fulfill the terms of his project, including all rewards, or else issue refunds.  Since angasm launched "on or before October 18th, 2014 at 11:59pm ET", these terms of service apply...
Project Creators are required to fulfill all rewards of their successful fundraising campaigns or refund any Backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill.
Project Creators may cancel or refund a Backer’s pledge at any time and for any reason, and if they do so, are not required to fulfill the reward.

I think the most appropriate next step is for a global mod or admin to contact the creator and request a refund.  Black Wolf, is that something you'd be willing to handle?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
All of this money should have gone to Niffiwan instead.

I'm flattered you feel this way, but I also feel somewhat uncomfortable with accepting money for this "coding hobby" of mine. If anything does come back from the kickstarter, maybe put it in that SCP Patreon (if it happens), or give it to your favourite charity rather than giving it to me. The best thing a modder can do to "pay me back" for this work is to use apng's in your mod! Seriously, I love that, seeing a contribution from me enhancing someone else's work (e.g. the VN+apng stuff that Spoon & Axem have been doing for JAD, awesome stuff! And my kids love your animations Spoon, keep em coming! :))
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
You are a wonderful person
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I'll be converting all my ANI packs to APNG sometime soon, I just need to create or find a commandline tool so that I can run a batch. I don't want to have to do all 400+ of them manually.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.