Author Topic: CHRISTMAS PRESENTS! everybody who has one, please post it here  (Read 28327 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
CHRISTMAS PRESENTS! everybody who has one, please post it here
Vidmaster's Present:
A new multiplayer Gauntlet Mission. After Vidmaster's Gauntlet and Vidmaster's Major Gauntlet I proudly present Vidmaster's Defense (no Vid's Desperate Defense yet   :nervous: ). Special credit goes to FUBAR again, who probably invested more time into bugfixing and balancing than I have lived on Earth  ;7

The premise is to remove an issue I have with Coop Missions in TBP: Some players die and have to become observers! NOT HERE!
This mission gives you 99 respawns without removing the challenge nor the reward for surviving, since your goal is to keep something else alive, not you. And to prevent things from becoming old, there is a randomizer implemented that makes every attempt a little bit different than all the ones before.

But, as Marcus says, don't trust anybody who speaks in Third Person about himself, and that includes Vidmaster  :)
Multiplayer Missions can only be put to a real test if you get the people together. Still, Vidmaster hopes and is confident that everything works properly.

Have fun.

http://proxima-fleet.com/files/download.php?id=20    (thx to Primus for providing a mirror once again)

Sticky until 31 Dec  :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 10:44:30 am by Vidmaster »
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: CHRISTMAS PRESENTS! everybody who has one, please post it here
WARNING: 

This mission is extremely addicting has been known to cause the following:

-Loss of sleep
-Carpel tunnel
-Eye strain
-Trigger finger
-Hair loss (oh wait that was 2261-M4)
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
my "TBP Freder Xmas Package" will be released on Dec 24th...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline LeGuille

• Formerly known as Rejindo
  • I made a box for you! Now, think outside of it.
I have not been around, and also have pretty much abandoned all my projects, including my modelling attempts. But, as it is, I do have a present for everyone!

Babylon 5 Font This is a PSD file (Adobe Photoshop).

Now, you may say: "Oh, we already have this!" But you don't. This is a near-exact copy of the way they used the font, and colors, etc. to make subtitles for the show. The PSD file allows you change it however you want it, and you can do with it whatever you want.

So, you are more than welcome to use it. But do remember to credit me. :)

Also, if you do not have a way to read the PSD file, I am sure someone here can make one for you.

Have fun. :)

(thank Vidmaster for reminding me about it via the stupid TBP video I made.)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 11:09:26 pm by LeGuille »
4 "Beware of the truth.... Although much sought after, truth can be dangerous to the seeker." -- God-Emperor Leto II, God Emperor of Dune

Offline 0rph3u5

0rph3u5' Present

finally, get either the Full package from freespacemods.net or the partial downloads from my website:

FREDer package from White Omega Site
Civilians package from White Omega Site
High Poly Auroras package from White Omega Site

CONTENTS:
- 17 new nebula background files
- fixed version of p_gas7
- new version of Epsilon 3
- 11 new Hud-Comm-animations
- Skyboxes of Centauri Prime, Minbar, Narn, Epsilon 3 and Sigma 957
- "High Poly Aurora"-Mod
- "Re-colored Civilians"-Mod

CREDITS:
Bigoudi
Revan
FUBAR-BDHR
Hellstryker
and various others

NOTE: The package itself contains a more detailed list of its contents where the specific file names of the skyboxes and comm-animations can be found...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Only looked at it for a few minutes since I'm really plastered right now (got stuck at the bar due to an ice storm).  While I didn't take a good look the things I did look for were to see if the rules were followed and it seems they were.  I've seen a few of the high poly models in emails and they looked awesome then.  I'll check it better tomorrow but I believe these will be great additions on to TBP. 

BTW:  Fixing p_gas7 really doesn't deserve a credit.  I just did it to see if I could. 

Unfortunately since I did get stuck at the bar (boo hoo I know) and ran into a few unexpected bugs in FRED I probably won't have my mission ready for X-mas.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
And something small from me:

Download it here. Extract the VP and put it in your TBP folder.

Yes, it's a HTL container. Why upgrade one of the least important models first, you ask? Well, I needed something simple to test my current toolchain with ambient-occlusion texture baking and some new tricks I learned in Photoshop. And I also needed it for this, which is still in the process of LODding and conversion. And there are also some other things down the road .... like this
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Vidmaster

reskin or new model? Since new models shouldn't be placed right into the tbp folder

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Actually all of these (with the exception of the multiplayer mission) should be in a mod folder.  If new VPs start getting into the main folder it will make troubleshooting a nightmare. 

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Actually all of these (with the exception of the multiplayer mission) should be in a mod folder.  If new VPs start getting into the main folder it will make troubleshooting a nightmare. 

Hi FUBAR I know that to create a mod we must create a folder in the TBP folder but i don't know how to play the mod instead of the original TBP. :doubt:
Also, must we copy the core.vp to the mod folder ? :doubt:
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
All you need to do is create a folder then select that folder as the mod in the launcher.  It will then read the mod as well as the stuff in the TBP folder.  If it's a VP all you need to do is put it in the mod folder.  If it's not then put it in the appropriate data\<folder name> under the mod folder. 

If you want to get more advanced you can put a mod.ini in the mod folder so it can use other mods as well.  I'm not even certain how this works though. 

Just extracted the stuff for myself.  Orph3u5's folders are set up correctly and you can just place them right under your TBP folder.  Mod.ini are already there but like I said you will need to edit these to use more than one at the same time.  Col. Fishguts is just a VP so you will need to create a folder to put it in.  Mod.ini isn't required. 

You can also enable them but adding -mod HP_Auroras,FREDer_package,Recolored_Civs etc to your custom flags or make a shortcut and add it to there.  Shortcut works for FRED too.

BTW you will need to use the Inferno build to use the new Aurora's.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 11:12:54 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Just noticed a problem with the cargo container.   When placed in a mission (not docked to anything) it spins. 

Offline Revan

• Sith Master
The Head.anis wont be an nightmare.  The Skyboxes too.

The recolored ships will, but you can get only the maps in the main folder. So you can Replace the Textures by Fred (I will do it this way).

Offline Vidmaster

well, a fixed gas7 can be placed in the main folder  :D

the recolored civilians will be so useful  :yes: I am not sure about mod or not here, they are reskin only aren't they?

Offline 0rph3u5

the recolored civilians will be so useful  :yes: I am not sure about mod or not here, they are reskin only aren't they?

as TBP is supposed to run on 3.6.9 there would be no glow-map-replacement that's why I made them a mod of their own for the time being

And I also needed it for this, which is still in the process of LODding and conversion.

If you don't mind could you please make a set of green and blue textures for that too? - shouldn't be a lot of work

==================

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Just noticed a problem with the cargo container.   When placed in a mission (not docked to anything) it spins. 

There's a thead in the SCP forum somewhere about that issue. To cut it short, it's a code bug and not POF-related. It doesn't happen in the 3.6.9-tsomething build I'm using.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
The Head.anis wont be an nightmare.  The Skyboxes too.

The recolored ships will, but you can get only the maps in the main folder. So you can Replace the Textures by Fred (I will do it this way).

well, a fixed gas7 can be placed in the main folder  :D

The problem is if someone can't get things working then when they run a debug build it displays the files being loaded and the checksums for those files in the log.  If there are files in there there that aren't part of TBP final the first step is to remove them.  That is why they should be in a mod folder so all you need to do is turn off the mod.  Not to mention adding them to the main folder with break multiplayer. 

Same for even something even as simple as the p_gas7. 

Just noticed a problem with the cargo container.   When placed in a mission (not docked to anything) it spins. 

There's a thead in the SCP forum somewhere about that issue. To cut it short, it's a code bug and not POF-related. It doesn't happen in the 3.6.9-tsomething build I'm using.

That's right I remember the spinning cargo FS2 thread and I did use 3.6.9-inf for those screenshots.  I'll have to try it in a 3.6.10 version.  If I remember correctly that was a FRED problem and just saving the file with a newer version of FRED should fix it.  Just have to wait for a 3.6.10-inf build. 

Offline Vidmaster

damn. A fixed gas7 in the main folder would have been nice.
But I don't really want to issue a Patch or even worse, a new release so...

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
It believe it has a different name as well so it doesn't just override the main one. 

That said nothing prevents you from having the mod on all the time in single.  At some point in the future we could even validate some of the stuff for multi.  Unfortunately we can't do any ships at least until the ship limit increases available in the inferno build are standard. 

Offline LeGuille

• Formerly known as Rejindo
  • I made a box for you! Now, think outside of it.
Did no one find a use for my present? :-/
4 "Beware of the truth.... Although much sought after, truth can be dangerous to the seeker." -- God-Emperor Leto II, God Emperor of Dune