Author Topic: Fate of the Galaxy Shipset (Updated Dec 1, 2021)  (Read 119510 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: Fate of the Galaxy Shipset (Updated June 5, 08)
The website shiplist is mostly stuff that we have something to show for or some set of info for it.  It's not as inclusive as this list as some of these have had no planning that I've heard of, we just know we'll want them at some point.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Rolf

Re: Fate of the Galaxy Shipset (Updated June 5, 08)
Thanks for the suggestions.  Some of those will make it in at some point, others probably not.  We're mostly staying away from ships that only appeared in the games, so several of those probably won't make it in (We do have a ship limit to contend with)

I should of added this too:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bulk_cruiser

It was mentioned in Episode 4, but I am not completely sure they were refering to this one specifically, however it has been seen outside the games many times.

While I understand that you may want to keep things that only appear away for now, the only problem is that the X-wing series was the only one in which cargo containers appear.

Still I am egerly awaiting the first release.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Re: Fate of the Galaxy Shipset (Updated June 18, 08)
The Quasar fire will most likely make it in early, as we can dual use it as a bulk cruiser and a rebel carrier
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline Rolf

Also, I noticed the entry on that list which said "Allegiance-class Star Cruiser", would that happen to be this? If so, cool.

Also if you decide to do the eclipse you might want to do this too.

Offline Revan

• Sith Master
Also if you decide to do the eclipse you might want to do this too.
It is unclear whether the Sovereign Class Star Destroyer really were built. Afaik we only see their descirbtion in the Dark Empire Roleplay Books. In no other source these ships appear. I would suppose that these ships were planned, but were never ordered in favour of the Galaxy Gun.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Yes, the Sovereign won't be going in, mostly because we have no references of any kind to model it off of. 

And this is the Allegiance, and your link doesn't work.

Normally I'd try to avoid models which appear only in comics, but we know we're going to have an Executor, and it's at least something to fill the gap between that and an ISD, and something on the scale to contend with Home One.
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy

Offline Revan

• Sith Master
If sometime the Eclipse will be added (Must not be in the first release), I would be quite grateful. ^^

If you want something between the ISD and the Home One, I consider the Praetor, Mandator and Procurator from the kuat sector fleet.
And if I remember right, the ancient hutt-dreadnoughts where verry large too.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Well out of those 3 you've mentioned, none have any visual representation anywhere, hence why we went with the Allegiance.  At least it has a picture to base it off of.  Also, really none of those have any sort of info about them at all.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I always liked Admiral Giel's flagship, despite the fact that it never had a name...
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Rolf

Well out of those 3 you've mentioned, none have any visual representation anywhere, hence why we went with the Allegiance.  At least it has a picture to base it off of.  Also, really none of those have any sort of info about them at all.

Here are some screens of the Mandator:

A screen of the Praetor is here:
http://www.eawpr.net/units/dreadnoughts/

And here is the Procurator:
http://galactic-voyage.com/Old%20Republic-Capital%20Ships-Procurator%20Star%20Battlecruiser.htm

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Fanart doesn't count.

People should remember that whenever FotG sees a release, that for people who decide to create missions for it, you aren't limited to what's in the release. If the FotG team isn't ever doing an Eclipse, but you want one for your campaign, then make it yourself. And yeah, if you're like me, it definitely won't be of the same quality but that doesn't mean you can't still make it.

If The Babylon Project is any indication, there will likely be a lot of people contributing their new missions and their new ships to the abundance of work that the official team has already done. So if you want X ship but they won't make it, and you both can't make it and won't be bothered to learn how to make it, then don't despair because one day, someone probably will make it. :D Unless you like some super obscure, random ship or fighter, then you might be out of luck.  :(

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
And, having the vast majority of a campaign already completed could always push us in the direction of filling a ship request too :)  Note that's might, there's some the staff will probably refuse to make, I can't help you there.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline ettet

Re: Fate of the Galaxy Shipset (Updated January 25, 09)
Hey can any of the modelers make a firespray. Its the Slave I ship that boba fett and jango fett fly. It's a heavy fighter and would be in the common section. It a frickin nice ship.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
It is a nice ship, but it's not on our priority list, as it's a unique craft and unless we want to have Boba Fett himself in our game, we couldn't use it.  It only goes into mass production many years after the timeframe we're looking at.

Mass production many years -after- the timeframe you're looking at?  Z'ah?

There must be some retconned canon I haven't heard about as far as the Firespray is concerned.

Offline aRaven

just release a small pack with few quality ships and missions and let the community make custom missions etc...

like the original xwing had very few ships originally, but still manages to fill over 100 missions. i still love it :D

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Its the Slave I ship that boba fett and jango fett fly.

I find your lack of faith in our knowledge of Star Wars...disturbing.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways, chief. Your sad devotion to those ancient movies hasn....

Hurk, hack...  urk

*collapses on his keyboard*
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline ettet

Slave 1 is the ship that fetts flies, that's y I asked for the firespray and not slave 1. I played star wars galaxies and people had those ships all the time cuz it's a type of ship.

And I guess I should of shared more of my knowledge of star wars now knowing you didn't know that star wars galaxies takes place in the time frame of this mod, so I'm guessing from the other common ships. The firespray was made in the time frame of get Fate of the Galaxy.

Just plz consider adding it as at least an AI ship and maby a players ship. The player could do something special in the mod to be awarded the ship.

W/e u want to do with the ship is up to you just consider adding it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 09:51:32 am by ettet »