Author Topic: My problem with the FSPort...  (Read 5470 times)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Re: My problem with the FSPort...
 :bump:

Hey guys. Been thinking about the original idea, was bored, so I made that.

Basically, its a mod with all FS1 and FS2 ships (you obviously need an Inferno build to run it). The interesting part, is that I didn't copied a single model/texture/whatever asset to do it. It is only a buch of tbls and tbms, which means that the mod is just about 500ko big. Yeah, you heard it, no file duplication. You just need to have the mediavps, fsport and fsport mediavps installed to run it.

I tried to make it compatible with both FSPort and FS2 campaigns, but it seems to be impossible because I can't have both FS1 and FS2 medals. Because of that, I made two versions, a FS1-compatible and a FS2-compatible. As I was at it, I adjusted both versions to the era they are supposed to stick in, which mean that for example, a Fenris will have only blobs in the FS1-compatible and will have its beams in the FS2-compatible version.

Free to use and to modify. I don't know if it will be of some use or not, but some people might be interested in it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:57:18 pm by MatthTheGeek »
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras