Author Topic: Briefing Animations  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Drogoth

Briefing Animations
Hey guys, I really wanted to get the new hi res briefing animations, and followed the instructions on the 3.3 release thread, but they just won't show up, I still have the old small ones. Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Briefing Animations
The download links for the hi-res animations are in the release thread under 'Optional Downloads'
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Drogoth

Yeah I downloaded them and put them into the fsport folder like it says, still no luck :(
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Debug log please. Instructions here.

Offline Drogoth

here it is

[attachment deleted by ninja]
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Code: [Select]
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_hi2_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x5dc643cb
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_hi3_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x574465ef
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_hi4_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0xade5fc50
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_hi5_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0xe0fd80ae

None of those checksums matchup correctly, but their file counts are accurate. I'm inclined to think these files are OK.

Code: [Select]
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_hi_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x44e81e9f
This one is wrong and should be deleted. You need 'tango_hi1_fs1.vp' which you can get here.

After you do that, if it still doesn't work. You may need to redownload hi2-hi5 which you can find in the release thread under Optional Downloads.

Offline Drogoth

thanks man ill give it a shot
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Online Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, make sure you are playing in 1024x768 or higher resolution.

Offline Drogoth

...... I feel stupid. Thanks Goober hahahahahaha
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Online Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:lol:

Offline Drogoth

It would seem that with solving one problem comes another.

The briefings are amazing btw, props to the people that put those together, just. Wow.

Problem being, the Typhon now crashes my game. I've played the new FSport recently, completely a play through yesterday to be exact, and I experienced minor lag when in mission if I had the Typhon in view of me (I'm pretty sure that owes more to my garbage computer then anything else) but I got to enjoy the high poly model in game with little lag at all.

Now if I even try to look at it in the tech room, the whole game just freezes completely.

Is this because I was playing on a lower resolution last time around? If so, I wouldn't be surprised, like I said, my computer is a problem child, but I was wondering if anything else might be the cause and if there is a way for me to fix it besides choosing between a HTL Typhon that loads or amazing looking command briefings. Thanks in advance and sorry for being a bother xD
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Depends on the (crappy?) specs of your rig. The Typhon has over 100,000 (is it 100k, or am I confusing it with the Hades? or am I pulling random numbers out of my ass? I just remember the Typhon's got a ****load.) polygons and uses really big textures. Depending on what you have, the Typhon will make your drivers and FSO crap themselves and give out, like the subspace tunnel effect does for my laptop's weakass processor.

When you try to the view the Typhon, does the music keep playing or does it do that annoying half-second loop when it freezes, or just stops altogether? if it keeps playing it's loading the model and creating a cache file for faster load later.

If not, run a debug build one more time when you play a mission and  view the Typhon in the tech room and see what it spits out.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 12:52:11 am by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Drogoth

Yeah total freeze, allthough interestingly. While the music cuts, the annoying voice of anne reading the last entry I was on continues till its done
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Sorry to butt in, but you've got the game installed in /Program Files/ right?, IIRC that could cause problems.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Drogoth

I do yeah, but I haven't had crashing problems before changing the resolution
TC 2 Fan club for Life