Author Topic: FSPort 3.4 Discussion!  (Read 33284 times)

Offline Kolgena

Re: FSPort 3.4 Discussion!
Nope, same problem. Didn't expect it to work anyway, those vps's only contain table files to allow usage of their respective htl models (rakshasa, sathanas, sobek).

Oh, found a bunch of loose tables under mediavps_3612/data/tables. One of them's for the new Amun. hurrrrrr

Edit: yeah, that one table was the sole culprit of all 40 errors. Now... to find/make/beg for a tbm for the htl FS1 Amun.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:20:30 pm by Kolgena »

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Wut.

The HTL Amun should have been in the latest FSPort-MediaVPs release. This is why the FSPort installation instructions tell you to delete, move, or rename your old FSPort installation.. who knows what you've done with it.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Kolgena

Right, but a table file specific for FS1 should allow me to override the table in FS2 so that I can have the model in both mods, yes? If I deleted the file, FS2 wouldn't have an HTL Amun.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That's correct because FS2 never had the Amun. Amun was in FS1 only and we don't carry it in the regular MediaVPs for that reason.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Kolgena

...and so it doesn't. I thought there was a tech entry for it in retail FS2, but my memory is clearly lying to me. Thanks for clearing that up.

Offline Yarn

Hi,

Now I'm playing later stages of the game (Clash of the Titans) and I'm on the Bastion.
However, hanger deck seems the same as Galatea's.
I'm a newbie to the SCP. Maybe I missed something.

anyway, the game is great and I'm really enjoying it.
Interesting. I'll have to investigate this. For now, I have a few suggestions:
  • If you are using Windows Vista or later, move your FreeSpace 2 installation out of Program Files, preferably to E:\Games\FreeSpace2.
  • It's possible that your pilot file has been damaged somehow. I suggest restarting the campaign by following the instructions at the bottom of this post. Feel free to use cheats to return to that mission more quickly.

Also, please redownload stu_fs1, tango_hi1_fs1, and tango_hi3_fs1. The versions of those files that you have contain corrupted files.
It turns out this is a code bug. I've got a fix and will submit it to Mantis shortly.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline Kolgena

In Doomsday, where the Galatea dies, my Medusa turret got swapped from a prom to an avenger after the red alert. Is this intentional or a bug?

Offline Yarn

In Doomsday, where the Galatea dies, my Medusa turret got swapped from a prom to an avenger after the red alert. Is this intentional or a bug?
Those two missions define different weapons for the automatic turret. FreeSpace 2, including the retail version, does not appear to carry over the turret's weapon, instead using whatever the mission specifies, so what you describe is consistent with retail behavior.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline Kolgena

Good. Just checking, since I've never played retail FS1.

Am I supposed to get a medal if I let all 4 escape pods die? (mission where the Lucifer kills the Arcadia at the start)

Offline Yarn

Am I supposed to get a medal if I let all 4 escape pods die? (mission where the Lucifer kills the Arcadia at the start)
It looks like you get the medal for completing the "Defend Communications Station" objective, which is necessary for passing the mission. So, yes, you should get the medal, even if you lose the escape pods. (And yes, I also checked the mission from FS1 1.06; the same is true there.)
--strings.tbl, entry 177

--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline Doko

In the release thread http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=84358.0

Might want to order the files in alphabetic order to avoid confusion. Just thought I missed a file during downloading.

Is anyone playing this on multiplayer? even without stats saving etc?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
In the release thread http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=84358.0

Might want to order the files in alphabetic order to avoid confusion. Just thought I missed a file during downloading.

They're grouped by category.  Just compare the file dates and you shouldn't have a problem.

Offline Davros

A quick question
the instructions say "Place all the contents of these zipped file into games/freespace2/fsport-mediavps"
Should that be "games/freespace2/fsport/mediavps"

ps: shouldnt it be "games\freespace2\fsport-mediavps"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
No, you want them in the single folder "fsport-mediavps", with the folder name hyphenated like that.  And no snark with the backslashes. :p

Offline Davros

Ok thanks...

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Ok i am loving the new release but i have encountered a problem and noticed a few things. The problem i am having is the level Playing Judas, The Demon class Eva won't scan, i have replayed it 5 times and in none of them will the ship scan, also on some of the play through the Eva jumps out immediately as soon as it it arrives, others it wont. Also i have noticed the AI acting odd, a lot of the hostile fighters and bombers seem to like doing kamikaze runs, in the level were you scan sentry's and have to protect the Galatea, the all the shivan fighters in that mission just keep ramming the Galatea, until they blow themselves up, weird!

I downloaded all the files in the release thread, i am using the re comended fs2_open_3_6_18.

One other thing, what happened to the HOL textures for the Aten cruisers? i noticed in this releases they aren't used anymore, i liked them.

PS will you guys every do a cutscene showing the Lucifer attack on the tombough station, even if its a in-game cutscene?
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Yarn

Ok i am loving the new release but i have encountered a problem and noticed a few things. The problem i am having is the level Playing Judas, The Demon class Eva won't scan, i have replayed it 5 times and in none of them will the ship scan, also on some of the play through the Eva jumps out immediately as soon as it it arrives, others it wont.
If a subsystem or turret is targeted, you need to be near that to scan the ship, so you may need to turn off subsystem targeting (Alt+S by default) to scan large ships like the Eva.

I have never seen the Eva jump out immediately, though. Has anyone else had this happen?

Also i have noticed the AI acting odd, a lot of the hostile fighters and bombers seem to like doing kamikaze runs, in the level were you scan sentry's and have to protect the Galatea, the all the shivan fighters in that mission just keep ramming the Galatea, until they blow themselves up, weird!
See my first post in this thread.

One other thing, what happened to the HOL textures for the Aten cruisers? i noticed in this releases they aren't used anymore, i liked them.
The HOL textures proved to be controversial, so none of the included missions use them now. They still exist for mission designers who wish to use them.
--strings.tbl, entry 177

--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline Arpit

Hi,

Now I'm playing later stages of the game (Clash of the Titans) and I'm on the Bastion.
However, hanger deck seems the same as Galatea's.
I'm a newbie to the SCP. Maybe I missed something.

anyway, the game is great and I'm really enjoying it.
Interesting. I'll have to investigate this. For now, I have a few suggestions:
  • If you are using Windows Vista or later, move your FreeSpace 2 installation out of Program Files, preferably to E:\Games\FreeSpace2.
  • It's possible that your pilot file has been damaged somehow. I suggest restarting the campaign by following the instructions at the bottom of this post. Feel free to use cheats to return to that mission more quickly.

Also, please redownload stu_fs1, tango_hi1_fs1, and tango_hi3_fs1. The versions of those files that you have contain corrupted files.
It turns out this is a code bug. I've got a fix and will submit it to Mantis shortly.

No it is not a code bug or something, it's a campaign file error (The FSPort team forgot about Mainhall index(s).)

For Nikogori:

Do the following steps for fixing the error :-

1) Open the file fsport-missions.vp (using a VP editor program such as VPView32 which you can find here. http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/VPView32) and extract the main Freespace campaign (freespace.fc2) to Freespace2/fsport/missions (create the folder if you haven't).

2) Open FRED and open the campaign editor.

3) From there open the freespace.fc2 campaign file which you extracted.

4) Then you will see all the FSPort missions branched to each other on the right-hand side. Click on the missions you remember where the Bastion mainhalls are used and change the Main Hall Index (on left-hand side) to 1. (0 is for Galatea and 1 is for Bastion)

5) Save the campaign file. You will get your mainhalls working.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:11:43 am by Arpit »

Offline Yarn

No it is not a code bug or something, it's a campaign file error (The FSPort team forgot about Mainhall index(s).)

For Nikogori:

Do the following steps for fixing the error :-

1) Open the file fsport-missions.vp (using a VP editor program such as VPView32 which you can find here. http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/VPView32) and extract the main Freespace campaign (freespace.fc2) to Freespace2/fsport/missions (create the folder if you haven't).

2) Open FRED and open the campaign editor.

3) From there open the freespace.fc2 campaign file which you extracted.

4) Then you will see all the FSPort missions branched to each other on the right-hand side. Click on the missions you remember where the Bastion mainhalls are used and change the Main Hall Index (on left-hand side) to 1. (0 is for Galatea and 1 is for Bastion)

5) Save the campaign file. You will get your mainhalls working.
It is a code bug, and it has been fixed in the latest nightly builds. The main FreeSpace campaign uses +Flags: to select main halls, the same method that retail campaigns use. Use a recent nightly build and you won't need to edit the campaign file.
--strings.tbl, entry 177

--strings.tbl, entry 178