Author Topic: RELEASE: Resurgence (Demo) V1.05  (Read 8184 times)

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Re: RELEASE: Resurgence (Demo) V1.04
Last mission seems kind of bugged - The three freighters will inevitably fire at each other with their flak cannons, so no matter how well I do, they take themselves -- and me, of course -- out. Other than the last mission, a pretty solid demo! I do wonder why my wing was constantly equipped with prometheus weapons when Keysers were available in the loadout, though.

Edit: I made it somehow this time - Chose the ares, then camped in the cover of the cruisers with two maxim guns, taking out the engines one by one, then smashing the fighterbay. Not sure if that last part did anything, but that was my only plan.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:40:55 pm by Nemesis6 »

Good to hear people enjoyed the demo. :D Feels great to know my work (mostly) paid off.

The many times I ran through the last mission I never had a problem with the freighters committing suicide like that. :wtf: I guess this is an example of the retail FS2 AI shooting their targeting cursors no matter what's in the way. Guess I'll turret-lock them.

As for concern regarding their armaments, I usually stuck a Prometheus S in due to the cannon's 1500 meter range as opposed to the 975 meter. Most missions denied access to faster fighters, where closing distance wouldn't be a problem, so I felt that attaching a Prometheus would be able to compensate for that. Kayser bolts also have a lower velocity than those of the Prometheus, so even at maximum range, there was a good chance that an enemy could have evaded shots.

ive tested with fs2_open3.6.14 rc6

its working fine
i like your campaign
i hope in full version will be more missions
if you need tester i can help you
i can test it for you
my xfire username or windows live messenger
my windows live email is: [email protected]
my xfire username is: wssmits
if you accept you can choose abouut two thing
xfire or windows live messenger
you may choose

The offer is appreciated and has been noted. Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:29:51 pm by mobcdmoc3 »

thanks for an accept
you accept me
ok
pm me when ready

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Does it seem that most bugs have been quashed? I'd like to get this on fsmods, but I'd like to have a fairly complete product. :)
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

I'll sweep through everything one more time to be sure, then I'll attach a V1.05 to signify it's ready. Sorta satisfying that this is going to be eternalized on FSMods. :D

Re: RELEASE: Resurgence (Demo) V1.05
Final patch released.  ;)

- Fixed majority of grammatical/spelling errors

- Turret-locked freighters in final mission to prevent suicide

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Just clarifying something - I thought the sathanas ambush was the final one, that was the one I was referring to. I don't know about the actual last mission yet... I hope I haven't confused too much... :S

:wtf: If that's the problem, then that further bewilders me. That mission took me forever to test, and of the dozens if time I did, I never came across suicides. Oh well.

I guess I'll fix it, though I'm fearful that it may cause balancing issues and make the mission more difficult than it already is. Attached as V1.051.

Swantz, if you decide to put it up, I think it'd be safer to use V1.05.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
:wtf: If that's the problem, then that further bewilders me. That mission took me forever to test, and of the dozens if time I did, I never came across suicides. Oh well.

I guess I'll fix it, though I'm fearful that it may cause balancing issues and make the mission more difficult than it already is. Attached as V1.051.

Swantz, if you decide to put it up, I think it'd be safer to use V1.05.

Do you think that will be your last stable release? I just hate getting caught making updates constantly. :p
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Sorry for late reply. This'll be the last update I'll be releasing. Nothing special, just contains an extra departure cue. Won't break anything.

http://www.mediafire.com/?912uindgcizmgnh - V1.052

Now that this little campaign is out of the way, I can get back to getting a full release done. :p