General FreeSpace > FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support

HILFE - "alcGetString" in der DLL "OpenAL32.dll" nicht gefunden

(1/4) > >>

Venio:
Hallo!

Ich habe gerade FS2_open installiert und wollte nun den launcher starten. Ich bekomme jetzt jedesmal die Meldung:
Der Prozedureinsprungspunkt "alcGetString" wurde in der DLL "OpenAL32.dll" nicht gefunden.

Kann mir jemand sagen was ich tun kann?

THX!
Venio

Wanderer:
I'm gonna venture a guess - after translating the above with babel fish - and say that something in your OpenAL installation is bugged. Second i hope you understand English better than i do German.

So first... have you installed OpenAL? If you have then your openAL installation might be corrupted or mixed with two incompatible versions.. Check Windows\System32 for either ct_oal.dll or nvopenal.dll. These are the OpenAL 1.0 .dlls and they could be causing the screwup. Delete them and run the OpenAL installer again. If that doesn't work try deleting OpenAL32.dll and wrap_oal.dll and then running it again.

Also IIRC it is preferable to set the game to English localization.

Link to OpenAL download page

Venio:
First of all - thanx for the fast answer!

The Problem is: it didn`t work - i couldn`t find a ct_oal.dll or nvopenal.dll and deleted the other two. After that I've reinstalled openal.
Any other suggestions?

By the way: When I click the message away saying:
Der Prozedureinsprungspunkt "alcGetString" wurde in der DLL "OpenAL32.dll" nicht gefunden.

I get a "Fatal error" message:
Failed to read flag file.

It would be really great if you could help me!

Thx!
Venio

jr2:
Make sure you use "generic software" as the device type in the "sound" tab in the Launcher.  See below:

--- Quote from: jr2 on July 13, 2007, 03:30:05 am ---From karajorma's BtRL Tech Help and FAQ Thread:

About 90% of the time this sort of error is related to one of three sound errors or a graphics one.

1) You didn't install OpenAL; found at www.openal.org ). If you didn't run this before running the game, run it now and see if that cures the problem.
2) Your OpenAL install is corrupt (Windows users check Windows\System32 for either ct_oal.dll or nvopenal.dll. These are the OpenAL 1.0 .dlls and they are causing the screwup. Delete them and run the OpenAL installer again). If that doesn't work try deleting OpenAL32.dll and wrap_oal.dll and then running the OpenAL installer again.
3) You (windows users only) selected something other than Generic Software from the Launcher's Audio tab. Switch it back.

4) If you have an Intel-based on-board graphics card, you might have to try Direct 3D, even though it's currently unsupported; which means if you get graphical problems using this option, don't cry about it... you were warned!  ;)

--- End quote ---

Oh, and:

:welcomeblue:

Venio:
I can't select generic software... only have the options:

"direct sound",
"EAX",
"Aureal A3D" and
"No Sound"...

I even tried no sound - with the same result :( :( :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index