Author Topic: I guess Bungie really digs Blue Planet.  (Read 6030 times)

Re: I guess Bungie really digs Blue Planet.

I've had some semi hands-on experience in the past half year now. You work for the people above you, who work for people above them, leaving no room to put much of yourself into your work. You get the design or idea they want and any suggetion to improve it with your creativity is cut short with your boss not knowing if his boss's boss would approve, ending up with being told "no!" in advance.

Sounds similar to my experience in a tech/customer service job of mine a few years back. Boss didn't like my own input and suggestions to improve customer service and delayed indefinitely if I was able to bring it up in team meetings.

No wonder there's so many 'clones' in gaming - Every company wants a piece of the COD, WoW, etc. pie and creative input is blocked off during development.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Sounds like nobody learned form 1977.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's another reason to freelance in the videogame industry. People are quickly impressed by the number of titles you've succesfully worked on, NOT the amount of time you have worked on a single title. Do a job, quit and demand you get recommended for a good job done. Then repeat.

I've had some semi hands-on experience in the past half year now. You work for the people above you, who work for people above them, leaving no room to put much of yourself into your work. You get the design or idea they want and any suggetion to improve it with your creativity is cut short with your boss not knowing if his boss's boss would approve, ending up with being told "no!" in advance.

The VG industry is like prostitution: working for yourself can be rewarding, while long term contracts wear you out. To stick with the metaphore VG companies are like seedy brothels and it's hard to get out once you start to believe it's the only way to work. Battuta did right.

Hugs bro, take care of yourself.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Hey Battuta how you keeping these days??
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Pretty good! Quit my job, moved back to NYC, writing full time right now. I'm on contract for some books but hopefully I'll be able to sneak some BP in.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
thats awesome you landed on your feet man, hope all goes well with the writing
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Darius

Related to original topic:

Alien Isolation.
There are two characters who accompany Ripley. One is a girl called Nina Taylor.
The other is a guy with a posh British accent.

His name is Samuels.

Offline qwadtep

Hah! I've only watched streams of A:I myself, but doesn't Sam
Spoiler:
try to interface his own mind with the Synthetic overmind to get them to stop attacking humans, too?