Author Topic: Save the Sanctuses during Aristeia?  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Valikdu

Save the Sanctuses during Aristeia?
They *don't* get killed by the Medea. Actually, she doesn't get too many beam shots at them before I paveway the beams. But instead, they just move past her at full speed, and go straight at the Hood. For some reason, the Hood can target them with the main beams; they die.

The walkthrough stresses disabling Medea's beams, so... I don't think this is supposed to happen.  :confused:

Offline Aesaar

Re: Save the Sanctuses during Aristeia?
No, it's intended.  You'll notice that when they first jump in, Torpedo Two have their own AWACS (UEA Guerrere).  Once it gets destroyed, the Hood can target them.  If you want to save Torpedo Two, you need to kill the Hood's main beam as well.

Fun fact: if you lose the Anjaneya, the Hood also starts taking potshots at the frigates.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:25:24 am by Aesaar »

No, it's intended.  You'll notice that when they first jump in, Torpedo Two have their own AWACS (UEA Guerrere).  Once it gets destroyed, the Hood can target them.  If you want to Save Torpedo Two, you need to kill the Hood's main beam as well.

Fun fact: if you lose the Anjaneya, the Hood also starts taking potshots at the frigates.

I wonder, though: I'm aiming to beat the campaign in a "perfect" way (save as many friendly ships as you can, destroy as many enemy ships as you can) as soon as I have the time (so, not now, sadly). Does the mission debriefing acknowledge you for the effort taken in saving torpedo two, if you manage to disable the Hood's beams?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:23:37 am by ItalianPlumber »

Offline Aesaar

The debriefing will acknowledge saving one or both Torpedo Two cruisers.

Alright, I'll try to save 'em both. Thanks for answering  :)

Offline Drogoth

No, it's intended.  You'll notice that when they first jump in, Torpedo Two have their own AWACS (UEA Guerrere).  Once it gets destroyed, the Hood can target them.  If you want to Save Torpedo Two, you need to kill the Hood's main beam as well.

I wonder, though: I'm aiming to beat the campaign in a "perfect" way (save as many friendly ships as you can, destroy as many enemy ships as you can) as soon as I have the time (so, not now, sadly). Does the mission debriefing acknowledge you for the effort taken in saving torpedo two, if you manage to disable the Hood's beams?

Haha I play in exactly the opposite way you do. As an avowed Tev supporter, I make sure that every UEF ship that can possibly destroyed is. If I can let a ship blow up without failing the mission well..... "that was a very pretty boom"
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Haha I play in exactly the opposite way you do. As an avowed Tev supporter, I make sure that every UEF ship that can possibly destroyed is. If I can let a ship blow up without failing the mission well..... "that was a very pretty boom"

Imho, there's no boom that could ever compare to the Carthage a-splodin' during Her Finest Hour (at least so far). I can't wait to see the big boom made by the Imperieuse and, eventually, the Atreus  :drevil:

Oh right, I DID eventually manage to save both cruisers during Aristeia. At first I thought it was impossible, but then I figured out the solution to the issue. To all those who developed that level: well done chaps, brilliant execution. The strategic depth of some missions is utterly terrifying.

Offline CT27

Imho, there's no boom that could ever compare to the Carthage a-splodin' during Her Finest Hour (at least so far). I can't wait to see the big boom made by the Imperieuse and, eventually, the Atreus  :drevil:

I'm on the other side; I'm looking forward to a Solaris class destroyer going boom. ;)

PLOT TWIST Shivans jump in at random and blow up earth. Now that would be an explosion!

PLOT TWIST Shivans jump in at random and blow up earth. Now that would be an explosion!

Try using the cheats to destroy the Carthage in "Delenda Est" then (provided you haven't already). You'll be pleasantly surprised. What a show!