Author Topic: Hard-Light and BP not nearly as dead as you think  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Rabid

Hard-Light and BP not nearly as dead as you think
I've been lurking on these forums for almost a year, and until now I never went through the minimal hassle to set up an account. Even though I knew it wouldn't take long I just didn't feel like I've had the time. Heck, I gotta get to work in 20 minutes as it is.

Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate the BP crew on EVERYTHING they've done since the start, this campaign/story is riveting and the gameplay is great.
Its my theory that I represent a huge number of players who enjoy the hell out of Hard-Light and all the content they host. (Especially Blue Planet) We've just been a blend of too lazy and too busy to give you folks the slap on the back and a "Job well done" that you all deserve.

Anyway, I wish you all well and the time you require to finish this epic story. (and do everything else there is to do in a busy life)

P.S. Yes, I made an account specifically because I thought you folks needed to hear there was a bunch of us out there that-- although we've never said a word here on the forums -- We've talked our buddies ears off incessantly about how awesome Blue Planet is.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Hard-Light and BP not nearly as dead as you think
Thanks for writing! This is always good to hear.

I've worked on a lot of big projects by now, some of them hitting millions of people instead of thousands, but this one remains really close to my heart.

And it feels great to be moving again.

Offline Rabid

I return from work 3 hours early to discover my earlier post has already been read 69 times. The original post itself wasn't a huge attention-grabber, unlikely to get shared or linked to. No comments either, so 68 people wordlessly stumbled upon it and gave it a read.

I suppose this illustrates my point. The Hard-Light and Blue Planet fan base remains strong, even if a lot of us are largely silent supporters.
That being said, you folks in the BP dev team deserve the credit.

Offline Rabid

Oh, I missed a post while writing my second, and apparently 8 more views.

We're always happy for more company and BP chat on the #bp IRC channel on EsperNet, too.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Someone should make a place where you can respond to a survey to basically do a headcount of FSO users without creating an HLP account.  Just to see.