Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 276282 times)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Re: World of Warships - Now Available
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Well port side is done-ish, so far there was only a few incidents of annoying texture mirroring on the conning tower that I've had to adjust for. 

I really do love this scheme on this ship and wanted to share a WIP:

The starboard torpedo bulge was separated out as its own texture file, which may prove a pain when aligning the dazzle but other than that it should be smooth sailing texturing the other side.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Thats looks great!
Btw, can you export the UV layout from the models somehow, or do you need to go all trial&error? (paint stuff on the texture and then check where it ends up on the model)
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
That is an excellent Dazzletoga. :yes:

Meanwhile, I hate hate hate my team. Seriously, go die in a fire. :mad:

Props to the enemy Ibuki, who survived on ~500HP after our final encounter. Mother****er
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 06:27:10 am by Enioch »
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Thats looks great!
Btw, can you export the UV layout from the models somehow, or do you need to go all trial&error? (paint stuff on the texture and then check where it ends up on the model)

The client needs to be unpacked so there maybe resources I haven't noticed.  Currently there are four files for each texture.  First is the primary texture file, two files I think correspond to the bump and shine maps( I had to modify these when I changed the bridge windows on Nagato and Amagi) and the last is a gray scale stencil file that might correspond to the UV layout? There typically are two "sections" per ship corresponding to the "deck house" and "hull" though some ships have three (Lexington) and I think the more modern ships are only a single section.  Since I use the default WG skin as the starting point its not that difficult working on the major sections but chasing down all the little gun tubs and details usually requires me to do a bit of trial and error.   That said this whole process has been learning as I go so it;s likely there are better methods to go about it than I am doing.

That is an excellent Dazzletoga. :yes:

Meanwhile, I hate hate hate my team. Seriously, go die in a fire. :mad:

How is the Ibuki post 6.3?  Did she suffer much from the loss of her stealth firing envelope?  Since 155 Mogami is getting a big traverse buff in 6.4 I think I may partake in some IFHE memes and finish the grind to the Tier IX.

Also this project ship has become my pride and joy:

The stock config is complete, however, the fully upgraded deck house is different enough that I will have some problems getting everything lined up and tested correctly. 

I know its a lot to ask but if somebody on NA with a fully upgraded Lex would not mind letting me borrow their credentials for an evening to wrap this up please send me a PM.

Thanks a bunch.

Offline Enioch

How is the Ibuki post 6.3?  Did she suffer much from the loss of her stealth firing envelope?  Since 155 Mogami is getting a big traverse buff in 6.4 I think I may partake in some IFHE memes and finish the grind to the Tier IX.

Stealthfiring in the Ibuki gave me maybe 2k-10k damage per game, in the opening phases. The important thing about her stealth, imho, was never her stealthfire capability (you can't hit **** at 16+ km) but her ability to disappear 20 seconds after lighting the enemy BB up from stem to stern.

(or, you know, going 'Pan-Paka-Pan!' and making an appearance @ under 10km in a destroyer furball. The Atago can do that better, but the Ibuki is no slouch either).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:43:29 am by Enioch »

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I know its a lot to ask but if somebody on NA with a fully upgraded Lex would not mind letting me borrow their credentials for an evening to wrap this up please send me a PM.

Thanks a bunch.

Okay Indecent Proposal time, 3000 Doubloons to spend a night with your Lexington.  Prospective Woody Harrelsons please send me a PM.  :P

Otherwise I will need to guesstimate a bunch of splinter shields for the top hull.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Does WG lock out accounts from regions based on IP or something?
If not , can you borrow my credentials on the EU server for some hot Lexington action? No doubloons requried ;)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
PM sent.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Saratoga Project is complete!

You can find her on my Skins thread on the NA forum, I'd like to thank Col.Fishguts for helping me with testing the top hull!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Playing Tier X is, more often than not, a losing proposition (as in, if you're not paying for premium, you're losing money; even if you do, making money isn't guaranteed).

Sometimes, however, sometimes it's a bit different.

If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Continued excellent work, StarSlayer! Looks sweet.

And nice Kraken, E! But... how only 7 secondary hits? What kind of sniping monster is the Montana?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It's pretty great.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Paint in progress:

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Saratoga Project is complete!

She's totally hawt!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 02:56:44 pm by Col. Fishguts »

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
South Dakota class in MS32/11D is available on the NA forum

Offline Enioch

Grey Ghost teased.

I am not one for usual YT drama but **** seems to have really hit the fan with this one.
That statement from WG NA...What were they thinking?

Offline Enioch

Could have been a simple miscommunication. And/or the need to offload blame. And /or what people in other forums hilariously called exploiting the current "political and public relations meta".

Unfortunately, WG does NOT do PR. Period. They cannot comprehend the term.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Also check out Jim Sterling's coverage: