Author Topic: VeniceMirror official thread!  (Read 24159 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: VeniceMirror official thread!
Unfortunely, Archangel model was too problematic for me to use (Model and textures issues), and therefore was withdrawn from the mod

Would you consider releasing the model into the FS Modding forum to see what our modelers can do to fix it?

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Unfortunely, Archangel model was too problematic for me to use (Model and textures issues), and therefore was withdrawn from the mod

Would you consider releasing the model into the FS Modding forum to see what our modelers can do to fix it?

I don't have the files anymore, sorry. But the model itself is available from http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.319
It gave me a loot of problems, honestly. (not much changes to the one from the link really, just used my own weapons for it)
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline CT27

Happy New Year! :)

How's work on this going?

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Work is progressing at snail's speed. Real life, study, etc.

And no, this is not abandoned.

Offline Lorric

Hi. I just thought I'd drop in and let you know that I've been keeping an eye on this thread and to encourage you to keep going. It's been nice to see as the months have gone on how you've continually stuck with it and released more and more screenshots that have made me intrigued, and began to look more and more professional and organised with what you're doing. And since we seem to have had a number of projects in the last months that have fallen by the wayside or fallen into difficulty, it will be great to see someone new complete a project that has been many months in the making.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Hey there Lorric.

I know this thread is somehow dying, but its not because I stopped working, I do work, even if very slow, I have completed about 7 missions to be almost release ready and the rest (about 10 missions) in late beta stages, and I continue to make the late betas to be almost release ready as i have inspiration, and time to do that. (its like 1 mission per week, but don't take my word for it).

There are no screenshots, because almost all the graphical and ships are already set in, so there is nothing new to show... without spoiling the plot.

And about the plot... Even if I do finish all the missions to be in a release worthy state, there is a bugger that won't allow me to release it - english spell-checking, and dialogues checking.

To be honest, I think most of you seen my "intro" video, and how english looks here, and ill be honest, Im not english-man, or using english good enough to keep dialogues and all the words correct, interesting for most of you english natives.

That's for the setbacks.

It would be nice if a beta-tester, or someone who is willing to check over all the text in my mod volunteer to help.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm not sure that I could commit the time to help for a while now, but if you're still in need of it when things free up, I'd be happy to take a look over what you have.

Offline Lorric

Hey TheHound.

I've got some unfinished business to take care of with BtA, and I don't know how long that will take. I make no promises, but I might be able to help you sometime in the future if you are unable to find someone else to help you by then.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Hello, long time no see.

Some of you might even think that this little project died/was abandoned.
Good news, it doesn't.

But it gets even better. I have actually finished most of the FRED'ing work on my campaign, with only minor issues, or balance issues to be solved. The project is nearing completion.

So here, I come to you asking to make my project even better by your own input!
I am currently looking for someone who is willing to help me with:

*Beta-testing
*English-language editing

As with beta testers, its not as big issue, but I know, that I demand a lot, when asking for English editor... there is not just text that needs to be corrected, but some other things written as well. As far as I can provide with simple English, It would be demanding for someone who is willing to write a professional text, so you can enjoy Venice Mirror to the fullest, without my stupid errors an mistakes which could be seen in the intro I've uploaded some time ago.

Please contact me either on skype, or via PM system if you are willing to assist me, thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:17:07 pm by TheHound »

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Hey all!

In about 1-2 weeks (HLP Time, varying depending on WoD's release), suit up and get ready to fly for Laramis! 'Cause Venice Mirror Chapter 1 is inbound! 14 missions' worth of quality FS, for your playing pleasure!

If anyone wants to help with last-minute beta-testing and/or English proofreading, TheHound (and I) would love to have you onboard! :D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:36:10 pm by Lepanto »
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
How many words is the script? I'm happy to do a style pass on smaller stuff.

Offline Lorric

I don't want to pour cold water on here, but there is a risk of being overshadowed by the imminent Wings of Dawn release if the release happens near to it, especially if WoD releases first...

With all the work that's gone into this, that would be a real shame and undeserved. Campaign releases don't happen very often these days, and it should get it's own time to bask in the spotlight.

I would suggest if there is a clash when this is ready, delaying the release and feeding hype / teaser material into this thread for a bit first before releasing, or perhaps releasing, but then feeding in the hype so it doesn't slip out of people's minds.

Offline Axem

I think HLP can withstand having 2 campaigns release near the same time together. Given the present state of activity, both will be in the highlight bar for many months and moons.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
How many words is the script? I'm happy to do a style pass on smaller stuff.

Dunno exactly. We've got 17 missions + cutscenes (no fiction viewer or other WORDS), about 8 1/2 of which still need heavy editing for English. Take that as you will, though you might prefer to review the edited product once we're almost done.

I don't want to pour cold water on here, but there is a risk of being overshadowed by the imminent Wings of Dawn release if the release happens near to it, especially if WoD releases first...

...Good point. I'll talk it over with TheHound.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Hi, I'm some nerd on the internet and I would like to help with anything that is needed which appears to be English proofreading and testing and feedbacking and such, which I would like to help with. What needs to be done?
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Thanks very much for your interest!  :D We'll get back to you quickly!

What needs to be done? About 8 missions' worth of dialogue left to English-proofread, and 15 missions' worth of gameplay to beta-test. I've already beta-tested the campaign so far, but we could use an outside opinion!

Hello, I'm willing to offer my services as an obnoxious nitpicker.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Hello people.

I'm uploading newest VM version as I write, so Ill get in touch with you as fast as its possible.

It would GREATLY help for you people to get in touch with me on skype, if that's possible for you.

i ve tryied to add you so i can test your campaign

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Some cell shading, some lighting and shadows... and I think, it looks nice.